It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nice Chile ufo video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I find nice ufo video from You-tube (posted February 2009). It could be reflection but I'm not sure. What is explanation?

If this video is already here I'm sorry.

Strangest UFO / OVNIS Video. Apparently recorded out of Chile... It is a very strange sighting... but most intriguing.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by hande

There's been a previous thread, but I can't find it & I'm not sure what to search under.
I think there were a lot of posts suggesting it was cars or motorbikes on a winding mountain road. It looks a bit like that to me, but in some cases they look as if they would have to be travelling quite quickly.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by Sam60]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sam60
reply to post by hande

There's been a previous thread, but I can't find it & I'm not sure what to search under.
I think there were a lot of posts suggesting it was cars or motorbikes on a winding mountain road. It looks a bit like that to me, but in some cases they look as if they would have to be travelling quite quickly.

This is what I seen as well. The objects in question are too far away to make any real assumptions as to what they really are, but my hypothesis is that they are some type of automobile driving on a road.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Creeping Death

You know, a bunch of big bikes could hoon around a mountain road pretty dam quickly.
It would be good to find one of the previous threads. I recall a thread about a video like this one where someone posted Google Earth shots of the area the objects were in & clearly showed roads that correlated with the lights. But I can't recall if it was about this video.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

I have no idea what the video shows, but I'm 100% certain it's not cars or bikes - look at 1:09 - 1:35. It's impossible for that to be cars or bikes. Simply impossible. The road vehicle idea is absolutely debunked based on watching the video alone and comparing the distance covered by the lights against the city in the foreground. You will see the amount of distance covered in that time in pretty huge. No road vehicle could do that anywhere, nevermind on a mountain road. There are other sections which demonstrate it can't be road vehicles, but the section mentioned above should be enough on it's own to establish that. Not only do the lights cover a great distance in an incredibly short time, one after another, but they all follow different paths, whereas a road would determine the same path for each vehicle. During the 1:00 - 1:35 section, try noting the point on the tree where each light passes behind it. You will see they all are very different, meaning they would each have to be on on completely different 'roads', but travelling in the same direction, one after another, at impossible speeds.

That said, I have no idea what we actually are seeing. Not that they are, but if our only options were cars or bikes versus ET/UFO's I'd say there was more chance that it was a fleet of alien craft than it was bikes or cars, as the UFO scenario is at least possible. LOL.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by Malcram]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

Yes - it's a bit of a stretch to say it's vehicles on a road.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
FINALLY someone who actually used a camera and a stand instead of using a 1.3 MP mobile phone while having a epileptic seizure. In regards to the lights, no comment.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
It has been posted here on ATS earlier, i dont have the time to search for the thread right now but its there. I remember someone poiting out that it could be cars on a distant mountain road or the usual, chinese lanterns. /Cheers.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by reugen

Well if those are the explanations put forward for a supposed debunk - road vehicles and chinese lanterns - then I'd have to say once again that, based on the video, both these explanations are impossible and are far sillier explanations that a fleet of UFO's, given what the video shows the lights doing. Look at the speed at 1:00 - 1:40! Look at the way they line up, nearly motionless on the left before suddenly increasing to extreme speed - but not all together, as in a wind - but one after another, in turn.

These lights are obviously neither road vehicles nor chinese lanterns.

A 'prosaic explanation' is no longer prosaic, or acceptable, if the supposedly 'prosaic' object is shown doing things which are impossible for it to do.

I propose a new saying, 'Extraordinary maneuvers require extraordinary objects' (or CGI) LOL. Cars, bikes and chinese lanterns simply don't cut it in this case.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

appologies for ` singling you out `

but as you are so sure of your argument - i have two questions

1 - can you provide a topo map of the area ? i want to see for myself that there are no roads / tracks aor open ground that is ` vehicle accessible `

2 - can you tell me what the range is from the camera to the lights - what the feild of view is [ degrees ] - you cite you opinions on distance and velocity - i want to d my own maths to co oberate this

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by Malcram

appologies for ` singling you out `

but as you are so sure of your argument - i have two questions

No problem. I'm not making any claims about what the lights are. I'm not certain of what they are, but I'm certain of what they're not because the evidence is right in front of us to determine that. It's others who are offering opinions on what the objects supposedly are.

1 - can you provide a topo map of the area ? i want to see for myself that there are no roads / tracks aor open ground that is ` vehicle accessible `

No, but I don't think that's necessary to completely rule out road vehicles for at least two reasons, not including the speed:

1. The lights can be observed moving up and down relative to each other (and sometimes all together) without moving side to side. Vehicles on a mountain road don't do this.

2. As I said in earlier posts, if you examine the 1:00 - 1:40 section, the lights, which all move rapidly to the right one after another, each do so on different paths, which would mean that there would have to be more than five different "roads" and that each vehicle shot across the mountain, each on a different road, yet all heading in the same general direction, one after another, in turn - which is just too absurd for words.

There may be roads on the mountain, but that doesn't make any difference whatsoever because the lights are clearly not on "a road". They exhibit motion inconsistent with any vehicle on a road (moving up and down against the mountain backdrop and relative to each other), they each take different paths to one another necessitating each light having it's own "road", all to itself, despite them all going in the same direction (and all politiely waiting to take turns LOL) and they are simply too fast.

2 - can you tell me what the range is from the camera to the lights - what the feild of view is [ degrees ] - you cite you opinions on distance and velocity - i want to d my own maths to co oberate this

Again, I don't think that's necessary in order to determine that these lights can't be road vehicles. Common sense tells us they are far too fast for road vehicles, all the maths could tell us is by how much. Look at the city in the foreground. Now notice the mountain to the right which is behind the city, now notice that the mountain which these lights appear in front of - and which some claim are cars on that mountain - is behind the first mountain, so it's even further away! Now ask yourself if any road vehicle could cross the part of the city that is visible to us furthest from the camera, in the time that these lights cross the same distance over the mountains at 1:00 - 1:40? Then factor in that these lights are even further away than the far edge of the city, because there is another mountain in between these lights and the city.

These lights can't possibly be road vehicles.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

Looks like the Chilean Air Force training program is at it again.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hmm. It's more reasonable than cars or motorbikes. But I still don't know. I think I'd personally even lean towards CGI before I would lean towards planes in this case, and I haven't heard any evidence for CGI so far.

And does it really "look like" the Chilean Air force Phage? Or does it look like unexplained lights, but seeing as cars, bikes, and chinese lanterns clearly don't fit, planes are just the next handiest thing to dig out of the debunkers field kit as a "one size fits all" so called "explanation"?

Those planes had four lights, although that was a display. There is clearly just one light per object in the video. Is that how Air Force planes would appear, with one light?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sam60
reply to post by Creeping Death

You know, a bunch of big bikes could hoon around a mountain road pretty dam quickly.
It would be good to find one of the previous threads. I recall a thread about a video like this one where someone posted Google Earth shots of the area the objects were in & clearly showed roads that correlated with the lights. But I can't recall if it was about this video.

I do not agree that thee are cars or motorcycles... Look at the path they take as they dissapear to the right of the screen. the paths look the same but they are not exactly on the same line. If these were cars, they'd all follow the exact same path.. Also, there is a city between the lights and the mountains. These lights are WAY brighter than any type of road driven vehicle. If there were cars drivin around the mountain, you might catch a glimps of headlights once in a while but with the trees and vegitation on the mountain, they would not be very visible or nearlyas bright as these... Also, considering the distance we're looking at, if these were motorcyles, they're drag bikes because those things are moving FAST.........

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by reugen
It has been posted here on ATS earlier, i dont have the time to search for the thread right now but its there. I remember someone poiting out that it could be cars on a distant mountain road or the usual, chinese lanterns. /Cheers.

Nahh man.. Anyone can clearly see this is only a flock of supersonic madegascar flying rats that someone caught and shoved flashlights up they'r asses to make them light up and then let them go on the side of the mountain...

Come one man... Chinese lanterns??? Do you really believe these are chinese lanterns? If most people are this dull minded, no wonder this has been covered up for so long...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The video in the OP was first uploaded at YouTube by a user called "nhobaica". There are three different versions of it, and in the version called "Ovnis en Santiago III" the info says it was filmed December 14. 2004.
www.youtube.com...

Later he uploaded this longer video which shows the same kind of lights. At the beginning of the video you can see that the footage was taken December 12, 2003.

To me it seems very strange if there really was two such spectacular UFO sightings in December two years in a row, and that "nhobaica" was just about the only one who noticed them... And that he waited until 2007 before he uploaded his videos at YouTube...

It has been suggested that the lights came from helicopters doing formation flight training, and that may be a more plausible explanation, in my opinion.

But you can read what "nhobaica" himself had to say about his footage, because he is actually a member of ATS, and this is his first of several posts in an earlier thread about these lights over Santiago:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Nope. It's a string of airplanes lining up on approach and landing at the local airport, which is at right angles to the image. Viewed front-on, the "objects" appear to hover because there's no relative motion, and the lights are bright enough so they don't get that much brighter as they approach. Then they peel off toward the right side of the screen for landing.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Ths video is from my city

The first thing that came to my mind was the "teleferico"

but i could be wrong

the size of the ligths makes me thing that way

road cars would look more tiny.... the mountains are very distant and huge

but "teleferico de santiago" is in the St Cristobal Hill inside the city

Now giving a second look i dont see clearly the hill so maybe could be lights from some of the snow resorts

[edit on 13-5-2009 by ozzraven]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ozzraven

Do you know if there are any roads on the mountain, or if there's empty space between the lights and the mountain?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

If it's planes waiting to land, why do they all have only one white light? And how come there are so many lined up at once? And is it Air Traffic Control policy to have planes wait at the same altitude? I thought they "stacked" them at different altitudes in cases like this? You realize that there is only about 3 - 5 seconds between each light peeling off to "come in to land", isn't that far too short a time? Is there a guy at the control tower bellowing, "Go, Go, Go, Go" at each plane at three second intervals? LOL

This scenario seems rather unlikely to me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join