It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most profound quotation you have read or heard?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
My friend's favorite:

"I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”

Genghis Khan

[edit on 12-5-2009 by checkers]

link   
"I've got just the thing: genuine miracle cream I bought from a travelling salesman. "Come one, come all", he said, "Step right up". "This deal sounds too good to be true", I thought. He said I looked like a smart, young man. "So, is it a deal?", I enquired. Two hours later he was gone, with sixty of my dollars. But I have the miracle cream!" Dr Zoidberg

link   
even if you in a minority of one, the truth is still the truth.
mathatma ghandi.

another favourite of mine is:-

if you cant blind em by science then baffle em with bullsh:t

[edit on 12/5/2009 by survivor]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
What a wonderful idea for a thread!

This is one of my favs. I've been a mom for a long time and it's helped me more times than I can remember. So this is for all you parents out there. The part in bold is the part I always remind myself about, but the rest is very good too. Enjoy.........

On Children Kahlil Gibran
Your children are not your children. They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself. They come through you but not from you, And though they are with you yet they belong not to you. You may give them your love but not your thoughts, For they have their own thoughts. You may house their bodies but not their souls, For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams. You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you. For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday. You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth. The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite, and He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far. Let our bending in the archer's hand be for gladness; For even as He loves the arrow that flies, so He loves also the bow that is stable.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Can't believe I haven't seen this one in this thread yet:

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

Albert Einstein

[edit on 12/5/09 by MajesticJax]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

silo, those are in the same vein as Bart Simpson's prank pone calls to Moe's Bar.

~ring, ring~ "Moe's Bar."

Bart, "Hello, is Homer there?"

Moe, "Homer who?"

Bart, "Homer....'sexual'."

Moe, taking phone from ear, "Ahhh...Homer Sexual ? Ah, c'mon, c'mon, one of you guys has gotta be Homer Sexual!"

Snickers all around....

[edit on 5/12/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
"We come in peace"

Anonymous Alien

"There's a sucker born every minute"

P.T. Barnum

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Xtrozero]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit

(Whom Virtue Has United, Death Shall Not Separate) -- Masonic teachings of the Scottish Rite.

Alice came to a fork in the road. "Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
-- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Because it makes you think.
Nice thread by the way!

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
"Property is Theft"

Pierre-Joseph Proudhon

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
"Some of us has been through a lots of tests, and i know most of us copied"

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
One of my favourites and something that I do my best to live by (but is sometimes so hard with the idiot clients at work
)

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." ~ Plato

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
" You can run but you will only die tired!" US Army sniper motto (I think I got that right)

But my favorite is " If we don't hang together we will surely hang alone" John Paul Jones the " father of the US Navy

Edit to add on more:

"It's only wrong if you get caught" Maynard James Kennan

[edit on 12-5-2009 by wastedown]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The government is unresponsive to the needs of the little man. Under 5'7", it is impossible to get your congressman on the phone. woody allen

www.quotationspage.com...

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
My two favorite are as follows:

"I am the world dreaming me." from an Aztec poem

"It is Breathtaking just to be here." from Ranier Maria Rilke

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
"But what you don't realize, you'll never conquer my dream" - Busta Rhymes - This Means War

"If you only teach someone how to use their mind and not their hands, then you've only taught half of a person" - Sign in High School Shop Class

Say unto thine own heart, "I am mine own redeemer" - TSB

"If your heart was as big as your mouth you'd be real" - DMX - Bring your whole Crew

I laugh in retrospect since 2 of these are from rap songs... and considering I'm an old school metalhead.....

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.

Friedrich Nietzsche

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched ... but are felt in the heart." ~Helen Keller

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
One of my favorite quotes a friend told me once. I don't know who he was quoting or if it was his own. It's in my signature.

"What is popular is not always right and what is right is not always popular."

which leads me to this -

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. " - Mark Twain

[edit on 12-5-2009 by 2 cents]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Another of my favorites -

"Whatsoever thou resolvest to do, do it quickly. Defer not till the evening what the morning may accomplish."

- Unto Thee I Grant, author unknown

[edit on 12-5-2009 by 2 cents]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
mine would be

Edwards: Why the big secret? People are smart. They can handle it.
Kay: A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.

from men in black 1.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join