It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most profound quotation you have read or heard?

page: 24
<< 21  22  23   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
“Everything is possible. I am God, I am Buddha, I am imperfect Ray Smith, all at the same time, I am empty space, I am all things. I have all the time in the world from life to life to do what is to do, to do what is done, to do the timeless doing, infinitely perfect within, why cry, why worry, perfect like mind essence and the minds of banana peels.”
— Jack Kerouac. The Dharma Bums.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Grumble

This is so very beautiful. I shall add this to my arsenal of quotes.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Grumble

“It is naively assumed that the fact that the majority of people share certain ideas or feelings proves the validity of those feelings. Nothing is further from the truth. The fact that millions of people share the same vices does not make those vices virtues, the fact that they share so many errors does not make the errors truths, and the fact that millions of people share the same form of mental pathology does not make these people sane.” -Erich Fromm

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it’s time to reflect – Mark Twain

Never tell the truth to people who are unworthy of it – Mark Twain

Remember, no human condition is ever permanent. Then you will not be too overjoyed in good fortune nor too scornful in misfortune – Socrates

<< 21  22  23   >>

join