It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnetosphere Watch Thread - Pictures - Latest Information -

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Wow heh.. Looks like some energy is headed our way over the next few days.

I'll share some words that really struck me while I checked a board today (if you want the URL, U2U me..):

The source of the turbulent flow is above the galactic plane coming from the direction of galactic central. (is this a bz southward coming from the N. Galactic dipole?) The turbulence in this region is alslo said to be due to the collision of our LIC and G cloud. The solar system is in the transition zone between LIC and G cloud. (this region is also referred to as MIC )

We know that between and within interstellar clouds there exist chimneys and tunnels that extend above the galactic plane carrying the interstellar winds and probably probably riding on twisted magnetic field lines.

The solar system would encounter these flows from time to time, they are probably aranged symetrically much the same as a parker spiral. Our galaxy is barred as well as spiral. In 1998, they assumed we would be hitting this region in the distant future. By 2003 the realization that the solar system was already in the transition between LIC and G cloud was becoming reality. Now, they know that we are in the transition zone between LIC and G cloud.

They are also saying that magnetic reconnection is occurring on a heliosphereic scale. We have two flows, one hot flow and one neutral flow coming into the heliosphere at this time that they have found and studied. The Earth is also passing through this flow in June. Because of solar winds moving the flow, Earth will traverse the incoming flow several times. Maybe this accounts for the geomagnetic spikes on ground based magnetometers some of us keep watch on.

The heliospheric contact with these magnetic flows maybe be happening with more frequency than previously known or understood and we may well be seeing its effects on the current solar cycle. Starting with its 1 year delay in the south poles magnetic flip to the decrease of solar wind speeds. (deacceleration of the heliosphere)

Changes in magnetic field stength of sunspots, the years delay in the jetstream below the suns surface are all pointing at the elephants at the door and coming in the room.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/db7694e81753.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 3-7-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

It is SOP to provide links with external quotes.
(without the necessity of specific requests).

[edit on 7/3/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for clarification.

EDIT to fix URL, because it was garbled in preview I didn't want to mess everything up in people's browsers so this is not a "link" but you may copy/paste.

solarcycle24com.proboards.com...

[edit on 3-7-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Isn't that from the Gary Zank prediction from 11 years ago?

Cosmic clouds causing threats to earth?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I dunno, but regardless of any predictions it is a fact that the heliosphere travels through the galaxy and there are forces that affect our solar system and planet that we do not understand.

And stuff is going on.

I'm just along for the ride..

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by helpmefindtheway

After a quick google, I have to ask the question - How could ANYONE not take *this* guy seriously?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/79f0b55b3381.jpg[/atsimg]

That dude has a beaming smile, he's wearing a golf shirt, and seems to have some credentials or something, too! I'm pretty sure he genetically engineered the Sham-wow guy or something (based on no evidence whatsoever)

Gary P. Zank
Director of IGPP-URC and Professor of Physics
Ph.D. 1987, University of Natal, South Africa

www.physics.ucr.edu...

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Didn't the sham-wow guy die?

Anyhoo, here is the link to the original article he put out in '98

Ane you're right, that's quite a genuine look, beaming smile and all

news.bbc.co.uk...

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
That's almost 12 hours of the "flatline".

Readings so perfect like that are impossible. Glitch my ass.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c061d137bfbb.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
It's pushing data again, finally..
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/91461892d389.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Did I kill the thread, or is anyone still out there?

Uhh... Watch NICT today people, also if you've been squirreling away information and data or pictures and what not, now is the time to compile everything into a handy zip file and share it with other people who are studying this.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

You are adding great info to the thread - magent field performing as it is suppose to this morning - all flared out - though not getting hit - that is interesting.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
there is pressure and it is a little distorted - the picture of the Earth and bird symbol - the surrounding is a little strange - yet doesn't show yellow etc - as normal.

Very interesting. Distorted and showing pressure - yet no coloration of it.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Don't freak out if you watch "KNOWING", it's just a movie ...

Notice the "yellow" developing in the magnetosphere? Pressure increasing, it should start to turn red, then white as pressure increases.

Yup, geoactive for sure..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7765cd554808.jpg[/atsimg]

Solar wind speed increasing to 400km/s, density holding steady around 2p/cc and minor variations of field.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b9530cc61abc.jpg[/atsimg]

also correlating magnetic field shifting on Earth as seen from HAARP magnetogram in Alaska.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/be1a4968ed48.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Sorry to be a pain,i am new to all this.how do i see this data get updated ??
files.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by unrealcafe

Here you go.

www2.nict.go.jp...

This computer simulation provides 2d data based on ACE satellite data.

I cannot see the 3d view, so if there are Japanese lurkers or anyone with a .jp proxy that can get access to www3.nict.go.jp..., please post screenshots or U2U me..

[edit on 6-7-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Thanks brokenheadphonez :-)
I wonder if the solar storm is coming.ZZZzzZZZzzzZZZ
Is it gonna fry everything ?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Yeah whats the latest on this as I am not sure when I should put my Tin -foil hat on?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Well its 00:41am here in the UK.
One thing is for sure,the moon tonight has never been so bright or so big!
In fact,before it went behind the clouds,i could actually read the news paper,at night ???

I have been in the UK now for about 8 years and the sky,moon and weather is totally off whack and that's how i found this forum by the way.

Now i am not smart like most the people here about space.All i know is that something just doesn't seem right the last 2 weeks or so.

Anyway,its probably me,i am not sure.Going bed now.

Great website,keep u the good work

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join