It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Push to Revolution

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Amazing, the policies of Bush, the hero of these insurgents, are the ones that caused the mess, and they want to blame it on Obama AND shoot up the country about it. fools.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by earthman4

Your shortsightedness is amazing... This has been creeping up on us for the last 50 years, or so. It isn't Bush, it wasn't Clinton, and it isn't Obama...it's us. The citizens of this country who decided, before I was born, to gradually stop thinking and doing for ourselves, and let the govt. do our thinking and doing for us.

Blame Bush. Blame Clinton. Blame Obama. Blame Nixon. Blame who the blessed ever. While you're at it, take a deep long look into a mirror. Blame that person, too. Blame me. We're all in this together, and unless and until we realize this we aren't going to improve things.

Go ahead, find your little scapegoat, and blame them. Don't let the reality sink too deeply...

[edit on 5/13/2009 by seagull]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

That is absolutely ludicris. Somehow in today's society I am not surprised. What a bunch of whiny p***ies we have become where the Government would rather keep people from getting jobs and getting off welfare.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Seagull, I would ignore him. Earthman has been trying his best to troll these forums for a while now. He has called us all in the closet racists to terrorists and suggested someone call the FBI. I think the picture I posted above is earthman's motto.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by LAUGHING-CAT

autowrench: Can you remember a few years ago a guy on the run fled into the mountains in N.C.? I don't think the cops ever found him, that is just one example. A well trained group could last for months in an area, they would have the support of the local population, and the military would have to depend on supply lines, which could be harassed and cut off. Some of us learned a thing or two from Charlie, don't you know. A good mechanic can build most anything.

I think you're referring to Eric Rudolph. He was "captured" by a deputy in a small town, 5 years after he went on the run. You don't hear much about that now, do you? I think he just got tired of hiding out, and more or less gave himself up. I live not too far from there, and while I heard of the "capture", I haven't heard anything about him since. Not a peep. No trial news, no disposition, nothing. It's like he vanished off the face of the justice system. Think about that hard.

The Feds had at one time Locked down an entire town, and had 900 agents crawling and combing the woods, looking for him. One man. Couldn't find him. Think hard about that, too. They pissed off the locals, and the info well just dried right up.

If one knows just a few people in those mountains, he can hide out indefinitely, moving up and down the length of the appalachians. That ain't no joke. That tells me that Rudolph just more or less gave himself up. Then they dissappeared him.

nenothtu out

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Seagull, highly respectful of your posts, may I suggest that since about 1900 this nation has been headed down the crapper, not fifty years.

President Wilson. He kicked it off.

And to this day, no one has returned that kickoff.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

Great post, Sarge! I particularly Liked the irony present in the Rousseau quote. Wasn't he also the guy that promoted the "noble savage" concept? I'm one of his "savages", so why don't I feel more noble?

Aren't these progressive attempts to promote Rousseau also rather regressive? He DID live in the same general time frame as the founders, didn't he?

I recall that in a particular Central American country, 30 years ago this coming July, (19th, I believe - might have been the 20th, I'm not sure, I was busy) the 'progressives' (yes, I equate them - anyone is welcome to prove why I shouldn't) were part of a broad coalition that 'won' a civil war. They set about immediately suppressing the voices of all the other coalition groups, executing the louder ones, setting up roadblocks at the border trying to catch escaping gringos that were on the other side of the conflict, cracking down on opposition press, and just generally consolidating their power. In pretty short order, they had pulled off a coup, claiming all of the victory in a fight where they were half or less of the fighting force. They then held the reins of ALL the power there, and set about re-educating their former comrades, and 'resettling' the poor campesinos and indians on government 'collectives' far from their homes.

Within 2 years, their economic mismanagement had gotten so bad that they were even rationing toilet paper, but they had a fine grip on the populace, who by then were pretty torqued off at the progressives, having seen what sort of 'change' they brought first-hand, so another revolution began.

THAT is what I have come to expect from 'progressives', and now I find they base their philosophy on the 250 year old philosophies of Rousseau, while slamming Constitutionalists for their "outdated', 250 year old philosophies. I ask WHICH of those 2 philosophies has had a more successful run?

Ironic, isn't it?

nenothtu out

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
madhatr137, I enjoyed your private response and I wrote a long response to it, but unfortunately I need a few more public posts before it lets me respond to you, so it deleted my response. I'm not ignoring you. Do you want me to respond publicly to your discussion or do you want me to wait until I get a few more posts under my belt and hit the magic number of 20 posts?

For everyone else... especially those concerned about the private original post.
While I don't agree with madhatr137 on some issues, he was extremely polite in his message and his thoughts and points where very well though out.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
My bad, guilty as charged.

I stand corrected.

[edit on 2009/5/13 by nenothtu]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Let's keep it on topic, guys...

Commentary on fellow members isn't on. Thanks.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by earthman4

Ah, to be called a fool by a debater of such gentile profound and literate thought might be one of the highest compliments I have received Sir. Please continue to grace this thread with other examples of progressive wisdom and enlightenment.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Oh yes, the topic.

We're really making progress. We're centralizing banking, determining banker's compensation, and not just the ones who took Federal money, or were forced to, or after wanting to return it, told they couldn't.

We've buttressed up large insurance companies with billions of dollars, but no one knows exactly where the funds went, or to who. It's a secret.

We've disassembled an entire auto industry, soaking the taxpayers only to see the very companies adorned with billions transferring production abroad, firing and selecting ownership, management, and in general, doing for the auto industry what they've done for the tax code.

We've passed trillions of dollars of social spending that has zero value in a depressed economy, not knowing for what what that money was spent on, and the bill itself wasn't even read by anyone before they all voted to pass it, and then our brilliant President signed it before reading it.

Now we're going to experience the magic of National Health Care, where all patients will be placed on a value to society criteria, combined with a cost of care criteria. We're going to be reduced to a dollar number, computed with our worth to society.

Elite in this line for care, everyone else hit the door.

Progress. The last six months have undone decades and decades of the accumulation of savings, wealth, dollar value, and future earnings.

What was the topic again?

Oh yes. The Push to Revolution.

Is anyone else here feeling like they're being pushed enough? Too close to the edge?

I want to pray for a catastrophe. Just enough to break the stranglehold so we can disassemble this abomination that is completely out of control.

Being of moderate temperament, even some action by the reckless, less temperate.

Just something to get the ball rolling.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
A revolution would have little chance of success,we fight with one another too much about meaningless things,we marginalize too many people who were in reality raked over the coals by a corrupt system because they were poor.
Marginalised People Are:

-Convicts.(Poor people who could not afford a decent lawyer,.very few people really did all that much wrong,and then there are these plea bargains they get sucked into....)

-Alcoholics.(Their only real mistake is self medicating against this madness we call life)

Drug users.(see Alcoholics)

-Poor people.(Look at that filthy homeless loser..C'mon,you know you say that,be honest)

-People of different races than ourselves.(Bigots,there are so many of them who don't even realise it that it boggles the mind)

-People who don't speak our language....

Democratic Government is discriminative on it's face,majority rule always leaves the minority out.

This was supposed to be a REPUBLIC,and if it stayed that way,these problems would never have arisen here in the U.S.

The truth of the matter,is that people fear what they do not understand,and they destroy what they fear.

The thing that really gives me the willies,is if there were a revolution,when would the killing stop.

A revolution would end up being a giant "ethnic cleansing operation" in the end I fear,because when people who hate get rid of one thing they hate,they go to the next thing,and destroy that too.

I say Let's Go,but we need to agree when it needs to stop before we begin.

Everyone in the U.S. really needs to have more understanding and be more forgiving and accepting,or the whole thing will go on and on.......

Now,if only we could agree on anything,we could make things change.

But where does it start?,where do we start?.

We could start by going on a country wide strike,can you afford to quit your job until things get better?.

The answer to a country wide strike would be to import workers from other countries,and prosecute the strikers under the patriot act for interrupting interstate commerce.

I really don't think many of you are truly willing to give anything up,so nothing will work until you lose it all.

And that is exactly what is going to happen.

-

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
If we could still believe that our vote counted with the obvious examples of voter fraud in Florida during Bush/Gore, or the continuing unbelievable saga of the voter fraud of the last election, we might have some slim hope of a non-member of the false paradigm of Republican or Democrat could turn this nation around. Even still, I ask you, how long would a non-member of the current political clicks last? THAT smart bullet would change lanes, fly around obstacles, up stairs and take him out in his bed the first night; then be ruled a suicide.

We have been given no other alternative but to stand and say ENOUGH! If they then act to continue to implement these treasonous policies, it is then THEY who have chosen revolution, and they shall have it. God willing I would to be there to receive the second shot heard around the world that there be no question that what followed was the persecution of a Revolution of self defense. For I would gladly give my life that my children and yours would breath the sweet free air of liberty.

Why then do we quarrel, why do we impugn the motives of those who are truly our American Brothers and Sisters over what amounts to timing and progression of what is to come? Has the bitterness of lost debate, and the endless quibbling over some inconsequential points of order, deadened our ears to the calls from beyond the grave to stand and maintain that which is slipping through our fingers every day? They call out to us from countless white stone marked graves from Arlington to Normandy, that we stop our endless arguing, that we cast aside our political affiliations and stand as Americans to save that which they gave their all for, to stop standing and watching as the progressives sacrifice it on the New World Order Altar.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

You hit on an interesting matter.

Assume the feces hits the circular oscillating air mover. And like you said, everyone is fighting everyone else. From fear.

Let's just go one more incremental step and call this free-for-all a war.

War is two (or more) sides killing each other until one side (or more) is incapable of killing further, or unwilling to die futher.

Eventually it ends, because one group or another prevails.

Those very ones you brought up, many will be caught up in the fighting and will not be exterminated, but will likely have their numbers drastically reduced, by selection, starvation, disease that will be certain to follow, or any number of reasons.

Minorities of any kind will suffer, and suffer greatly.

And I have no answers.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
There are no answers when it comes to war.

Only mistakes,misery,loss and regret.

Been there,done that,saw way too much of it.......

War is a crime against humanity.

War and crime are the same thing,to call something a war crime is a tad redundant.

Governments are expert at turning people against one another while they sit back and watch the carnage,THAT IS WAR!!.

Stop working,stop fighting,eat grubs and things from the woods.

If you are not willing to give anything,or give anything up,there will be no change.

EVER!

These things must be carefully thought out and implemented,a free for all would do more damage than good.

Just watch TV,we see free for all as our example by what we feed our sleepy TV heads,we dream carnage and destruction,we crave chaos.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by chiponbothshoulders]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

I also thought this was an insightful post, bringing to light a serious concern that I have myself.

Specifically with convicts... I happen to have a friend that is a corrections officer, and I shudder to think what will happen to many inmates. I know from his stories that there are many inmates that even he and his colleagues consider to be benign, and not really deserving of their fate. I've heard more than a few stories of people being "railroaded" by the system, and haveing to pay for their mistakes much more severely than seems reasonable.

I really have considered that TPTB will consider most of these souls expendable when TSHTF. I fear they will be left in their cells with no means of egress, without guard, food, or utilities.

Or worse.

I realize this is a really sticky wicket, it's just something I've thought about. Please be assured that I would not advocate freeing prisoners that were violent or perverse. Perhaps some consideration should be given to releasing folks in jail for traffic offenses, petty crime, and even perhaps the alcoholics and drug users. I'm not even really sure how I feel about this issue, it's just something I've thought about. I saw a shocking statistic somewhere about the proportion of veterans in prison, and we all know that's a touchy point for me...

Any other ideas?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
War is not all bad.

War will often address a rancid human condition. Overall, humans are pretty damned sorry, and the more sorry through freedom they are allowed to go, the lower they bring the rest of us.

Be the Best You can BE!

Few do.

Do the worst you can do!

Many take this line.

Nope. On occasion, a society, a country, a culture, or a people have to experience the big enema of war.

You'll find that once a lot of the turds are gone, you can actually think more clearly and your freedom of action is improved without someone telling you what you can and can't do.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Most rancid people really were doomed to it by things beyond their control.

Governments are to blame for most,if not all of the problems in this world.

If you really look close,you can see where the problems start.

There is always a fringe element in any group,it is unavoidable.

Acceptance,and the ability,the right to defend ones self,is really all that is necessary.

The founders had it right,but I do believe that they may have written the constitution to protect themselves,and people like them.

Not everybody.

This all started a long time ago.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Dooper, the old war as a culling of the rubbish of humanity; pray tell, an affinity for the writings of Voltaire is something I would not have thought you privy to. That “enema of war” statement was profound imagery. Perhaps you have read Marshal Joachim Murat’s last journal entry before he lost his head? Something to the effect that “the vanquished are flushed from the memory of life like rubbish from Paris into La Seine.”

It is my belief that the lowest common denominator of American society will be busy killing each other off in the first days of revolution and that this will bring the intervention of either closing off the cities Katrina Style or with more direct intervention. As for wide scale attacks against minorities for no other reason then they are minorities, I do not think that very likely as there are too many who would not just stand by to watch NAZI like executions. What is more likely is that everyone will hunker down after the initial 48 hours to try to figure out friend/foe and what is their best avenue of escape. The US military already has fm regs on how to handle this type of unrest.

[edit on 5/13/2009 by SGTChas]

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join