It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Push to Revolution

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxpigxx
I got in wanting to help people. Instead, I was ordered make more money for the city. It was an us vs them mentallity.

Yeah, I get that feeling when dealing with police officers, I feel like they are taking inventory of me. I certainly don't feel like they are there to serve me, except maybe with a ticket. I've never been in any real trouble with the law, but I still feel like they see me as the enemy. Now they have cameras that give tickets, I honestly can't believe that flies at all with the people, robotic robbery stations set up to make millions for the city.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

xxpig, let me ask the question another way.

This is based on an assumption that an unfortunate event occurs, which creates at least in the hub cities, a catastrophic state of anarchy.

Now, with the situation being more or less every man for himself, every man's own home requiring defense, chaos and disorganization everywhere, would you still hold the same position?

I noted that in Liberty City, New York, Los Angeles, and even in New Orleans, the police were highly invisible.

They didn't go in to restore order, they elected to stay the hell out until the "situations" more or less burned themselves out, and reinforcements came.

But in the "catastrophic event" situation, there will be no reinforcements from all other parts of the country.

Now, how would the police likely react?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ClicK

First, let me say that you are wrong that the people of this country will not rise against what they perceive as the stripping away of their constitutionally guaranteed rights.
Second, the reason some of the posters here don't care if California goes along with the revolution and stays in the Union is because those of us who live in the middle of the country, "the fly over states," sense that the citizens on the Left Coast don't really care about the rest of us. The same goes for the "Right Coast," the Elitist who don't understand those of us who bust our chops on farms that don't make a lot of money, or work in factories, hospitals etc.
And there are a lot more of us in the middle, who feel the tension rising, and are prepared to defend their homes, their freedoms, and their rights in whatever way is necessary.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SGTChas
reply to post by nenothtu

The current progressive attempts at the marginalization of dissenting opinion focus on turning the dissenters into ‘angry rich white men’ who refuse to do their patriotic duty of paying more taxes; thus the constant hammering of the anti-tax issue. SG is merely following current ‘talking points’ attack list put out by White House Progressive Response team to the Tea Party Protest. A tactical divide to conquer maneuver.

That probably IS what they're attempting, but if they were really eager to engage, they ought to try blocking the line of march, not hanging out on the flank, where they get one shot before they're bypassed. It would be immensely more useful to their 'cause' if they put that one shot on target, too, instead of shooting into the air to try rattling someone.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Not as long as you think, friend. I wish we had longer, but everything has been set in motion.

As for starting the revolution . . . it is already started, it just has not progressed to violence . . . YET.

[edit on 12/5/2009 by xxpigxx]

But who are the bad guys and who is the good guys. I once had a profound revelation watching one of the Star Wars movies along time ago. I was lead to believe the Empire were all evil from the one sided views of the writers, and in one scene two Empirical troopers were walking and talking about normal life events and BAM! they were attacked and killed by the good rebels.

I had a hard time after that point really determining which side was right or wrong. We all see the world in very skewed ways much like how the writers of the move worked to skew our views to their liking.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Xtrozero]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Does you state ALLOW for cameras to be considered as evidence? There was a thread here a while back that said that in certain states, cameras CANNOT be used to give out tickets unless a police officer is actually PRESENT at the scene. Because cameras cannot distinguish certain lawful actions, for example, a legal turn on red to say... a parking lot. Cameras can't differentiate between an illegal turn or cross on a red light, and a LEGAL one. Which is why I remember someone stating that they could not be considered as evidence unless an officer was present and these could in effect be called to be dismissed.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Question

These ones are on the freeways, every 3 miles or so. If the picture is bad (it takes 2, front and back for going 10 miles over the posted speed limit), you can say it wasnt you and they try to get you to believe you have to rat out who it was, but there really is no law saying you have to. If the picture is clear however, they use it and ticket you, no officer needed. My question is if you fight it, who's going to show up in court against you? That used to be required, when due process was not such a joke. The people were angry and have almost unanimously demanded they take them down, but we know how much sway the people have. Not too long ago, one of the non-officers that sit in those mobile camera trucks got shot and killed just for what he was doing. The guys who did it got caught, but they are pushing people too far.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by 27jd]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Question
reply to post by 27jd

Does you state ALLOW for cameras to be considered as evidence? There was a thread here a while back that said that in certain states, cameras CANNOT be used to give out tickets unless a police officer is actually PRESENT at the scene. Because cameras cannot distinguish certain lawful actions, for example, a legal turn on red to say... a parking lot. Cameras can't differentiate between an illegal turn or cross on a red light, and a LEGAL one. Which is why I remember someone stating that they could not be considered as evidence unless an officer was present and these could in effect be called to be dismissed.

To bypass this, the places that use them file on you in civil court, not criminal court.

It is a bunch of BS to me.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

In my opinion, the police will do what they are told, when they are told, no questions asked. And it is always "for out safety and protection, and the officer's safety and protection."

If they are told to go in and confiscate all weapons in a neighborhood, they will do it, for the "protection" of all involved.

It will get ugly in the cities. That is why everyone needs to have a bug out plan to get the hell out.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

It is a bunch of BS to me.

Such BS. We all know freeways when not in gridlock run about 15 miles over the posted, in general, in the faster lanes. I might be able to see their use to catch those who go 25 miles or more over for the sake of safety, but as they are, every 3 miles, they are nothing but robbery machines.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
In Greensboro, NC, they tried the 'camcop' concept for a couple of years. All the ticket cameras are gone now. One in particular that I know of had it's lens painted over with black spray paint 3 times, and was knocked to the ground by a vehicle twice. I gather that some of the other 'robocops' encountered similar difficulties. There were around 20 in all.

The company that operated the cameras, and issued the tickets, was in Florida. Folks started simply ignoring the tickets, and if called on the carpet about it, presented the following arguments:

1) Neither the cameras, nor their operators, were licensed or sworn to practice or enforce law in NC. The tickets didn't even originate in NC, they were mailed from Florida.

2) One fellow demanded that his accuser be present in the courtroom, as law requires for criminal offenses, which running a red light is. They failed to produce the camera (which couldn't have testified anyway) or the operator, and it was thrown out.

Anyhow, the bottom line was that folks started ignoring the tickets, and the city started LOSING money on the cameras instead of MAKING money, so the cameras are gone now. It got to the point that enforcement of the spurious tickets was more costly than the revenue the tickets generated, and frequently lost anyhow.

nenothtu out

[edit on 2009/5/12 by nenothtu]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Yeah, I'm hoping this will happen with these ones as well, lol. People are fighting it, that's for sure....

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I got screwed by one of those cameras in Phoenix last year. $178 for going, SUPPOSEDLY, 13 miles over the limit.

Where was my right to confront my accuser? How do I know they weren't lying about my whereabouts? The ticket came more than a month after the supposed crime and there was no way for me to know if on that day I was actually there or not.

Being as I'm poor, I couldn't get a lawyer and try to fight it. Probably would have been a waste of time and money since the whole system has been taken over.

They say, whoever they are, that the cameras have made a reduction in accidents. I say BS. There were accidents all the time, all over the place. All it does is make people slow down then speed up on the freeways.

I am so tired of it all. Big Brother watching us all the time. I am tired of being considered a suspect anywhere I go. Cameras watching me in stores, on the street, probably the Dish network on my tv is watching me. I am tired of being called a terrorist by my own country. I do not know how much longer I can take all of this. I am plain tired of fighting with words. This crap will not stop unless action is taken, I fear, and that means chaos and anarchy and, most likely, worse.

I am also tired of this damned Vista, it took me almost a hour to post this. Grr. Arrgh. But that's off topic. I need to just burn this damned computer.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

They said the ones in Greensboro 'reduced accidents' too. It was shortly after that when the one got ran over and knocked down. Twice. Classic demonstration of revolution, just on a small scale. Well, actually it was more of a 'resistance' episode, I guess.

The point is, this sort of thing works, if it's worked right. It doesn't necessarily have to go all the way to bloodshed. That depends entirely on the resolve of the opponents.

Edit: I zapped Vista off my desktop and reinstalled XP. My wife still runs Vista on hers, and complains constantly. Vista tends to collect a lot of garbage, then starts running slow. Like a lumbering behemoth, It's hard to stop, and once it finally gets there, the emergency is already over, and you forget what it was you started after.

[edit on 2009/5/12 by nenothtu]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

That's one of the reasons I have canceled my cable and physically disabled the camera on my laptop that came with it. I don't trust or think its legal for the abilities of all the new technology to spy on us or to document our lives for any reason without absolute, written permission! They need more cops to make their budgets work? Go out and hire them but no damned camera is going to make judgments on my guilt or innocence of my private actions. I heard that some town in the mid west put up cameras and they cost the town so much for maintenance because of tampering that the town gave up!

Zindo

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Ours almost look military in construction, and are placed up on concrete walls at the underpasses, unfortunately we can't ram ours. Maybe they learned from their past mistake and moved on to the next city...

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

Again SGTChas posts a Revolution Fantasy. You just posted a Thread on this same issue. That post slowed down and now another one. What is it that you hope to accomplish with all these "Revolution is coming, run for the hills' posts?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Yeah, the only thing that makes them stop is losing money, lives aren't important apparently, here we have not only the stationary cameras, but civilians who are paid to operate vans that have cameras for speeding tickets...

Doug Georgianni, 51, was shot Sunday night as he operated a photo radar van on a Phoenix freeway and later died at a hospital.

Hill said investigators believe Destories pulled up behind the van and then slowly pulled alongside it and fired a gun multiple times, hitting Georgianni in the driver's seat. Investigators don't believe Destories knew Georgianni.
www.myfoxphoenix.com...

This guy obviously went too far, but it's a good indicator of how fed up people are about being victimized day in day out by our own government.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Good idea. I umm... am accquainted... with folks that can activate any cameras, webcams, microphones, etc attached to a computer across the internet, as well a doing several other entertaining things with said computers. It can be done with an itty bitty program that generally you are tricked into installing yourself, through a concept they call 'social engineering'. I've seen some of the government software to do the same thing, but so far the MOST effective software for it I've seen is in the private sector.

Myself, I run a hardware firewall, 3 software firewalls, and a couple of background scanners that constantly scan for suspicious processes, in addition to disabling cameras and microphones and such. Call me paranoid, but I've seen what can be done.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

For the law enforcement officers to try to disarm folks, that would be a damned shame.

It's kind of funny. While there is nothing on earth as exhilarating as getting shot at - and being missed - it certainly does alter your concepts of duty, and demands a quick reevaluation of your values.

Pleasant, it is not.

Then, the first time you see your buddy with his intestines blown out his back, and he's whimpering quietly in pain, your own mortality is suddenly exposed, right in front of you.

It sometimes takes an event to realize that you're not always going to be on the giving end.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join