It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new way to thank our members who contribute consistent quality -- no ads!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

Sorry, but I don't agree at all that hateful threads which target others and try to spew hate gets the flags or attention. If you look and research the threads that have gotten the flags those are ones, who get people to think about various topics - they are not hate threads.

The good debate threads are ones that get attention. Look around go to threads that target a group etc. you will find there may be a lot of postings in them - due to people countering the premise of the thread in the first place - but no flags on them. Where as the threads that have interesting subjects where people can discuss the information in a civilized manner are the ones with lots of flags.

To Mr.SO - thanks for the thought - but it does seem people took this as a "elite" status compared to a "thank you" from the management as you stated - which was the original intent.

I will say to that - I don't mind the ads at all and if the ads keep ATS running as a place we can come and discuss what is Really happening in the world in all the diverse subjects - well let us all see them. I would rather see ads - so that ATS can keep going as it is.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

To be honest I can't believe so many members complained and made this a big deal. I know my view of some fraction of members has drastically changed. But that said I support what the staff decides. We all know anyways who the more contributing members are( both posting and threading).

[edit on 5/11/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

personally , I thought it was too low , should have been 500/500/500

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
As you know me to be an honest person, I have to say that the ads never in any way bothered me in the least.

Thankyou for your kind consideration but really it was never an issue at all.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Well, until I am made to remove it I'm leaving my little badge on the profile

I believe that my 250/250/250 was well earned. It came about from several years of contributions, and I don't want to sound like a narcissist, but it was nice to be recognized for that content.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

That is exactly how I feel. It might sound like narscism but it really isn't. I mean in actuality complaining about this is tantamount to members complaining that some members are conspiracy masters and FSMEs and other aren't. I completely understand that concept and respect those standings as they are well deserved by all who hold them. I am just comparing the two.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Not hard to attain , more than enough in 2 months

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

And your contributions have not gone unnoticed by the amount of Stars, Flags and applause you've received from your fellow members...

I'm sure that ATS can come up with a reward that will not allow any reason for misuse... The want for the removal of ads is a strong desire to many on ATS and that in and of itself should show that there will be those that will get the numbers if they can to stop in viewing certain ads.

Rgds

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
The overlord giveth and the overlord taketh away.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
I can't take this anymore!

I did it!!!

I flagged my own threads!

That still doesn't mean that you are going to succumb to a nasty case of aggravated narcissism.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

That still doesn't mean that you are going to succumb to a nasty case of aggravated narcissism

What do you mean by that?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Hey I have an idea....since Im not included in something, why dont I piss and moan and ruin a good thing for everyone else because Im too big of a crybaby to allow others to have what I do not.

Never mind working to contribute enough to qualify on my own merrit, I will instead throw a pathetic tantrum until my little hurt feelers are appeased.

Great work lads - big success

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Well if that's going to be pulled, then can we have self-flagging back please, since it has no bearing anymore? Somehow it just doesn't seem right to take that ability away from the very person taking the time to write and post the thread.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Well if that's going to be pulled,

It's not pulled at all. Members who've achieved the thresholds still see no ads... just no tags in the mini-profiles.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Wow! You don't have much confidence in the ATS staff do you? Do you really think that ATS would bend over on something that they didn't think was best? Do you really think that the SOs comments when he canceled the thing was lies and just there to appease only a handful of members? That doesn't say much for your impression of ATS staff...

I think they got rid of it because they saw that it was only open to a misinterpretation and misuse.

Some people need to see others that may offer more than the one or two posts within a thread as "not" being trouble makers.... The purpose of threads is to have conversation and debate... this cannot be accomplished without several posts on somebodies part to be classified as a debate or conversation. All seventeen of my posts up to now have been in response to responses to me, providing what I thought as constructive criticism.

If my seventeen posts have been something that led to the ATS staff rethinking this policy, then they have indeed served their purpose within the T&C and the expected rules of debate amongst members who wish to listen to both sides.

I for one applaud ATS for again listening to their members.

Rgds

[edit on 11-5-2009 by AllTiedTogether]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
It's not pulled at all. Members who've achieved the thresholds still see no ads... just no tags in the mini-profiles.

Well in that case please take my previous comments in my last in the context of that I thought the whole concept was being canned. My humble apologies.

Cheers xpert11 .

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Wow this has been done away with already. Do y’all feel better now, baby happy. While I have enough stars and post ,I don’t have enough flags, and likely never will have, I could see this for what it was. A thanks guys for all the work you done here from the Amigos.

What does it matter, if you are coming here for percs than IMHO you are sad. With the wealth of knowledge that is here you have nothing better to do than worry about how many point, stars, post some one else has. It’s time to grow up people.
:shk: All one can do. :shk:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AllTiedTogether

How did they listen though?

People still get ads removed for 250/250/250. The only thing accomplished is the removal of the 'showing off' aspect of the miniprofile numbers.

Personally, I thought that if that milestone had been achieved legitimately, members would probably like to have it displayed. Now that perk is gone, and the room for abuse remains.

So what has really been accomplished?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by AllTiedTogether

I for one applaud ATS for again listening to their members.

I bet you do now

Anyways, whatever it all really don't matter anyways........

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Well if that's going to be pulled,

Thanks again Bill for the effort. I don't know how you guys can stand it sometimes. You have my sympathies.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join