It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asking The Universe--It Works

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

The right question would be

"Dear God, Why dont you care anymore about us?"

I think- millions would agree.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Why should He? We have broken all of his laws and royally pissed Him off.

If I were God, I would say "Enough!"

He has tried but we have failed, over and over again.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

and the answer to that question would be...

"i put you here did i not?" do you think i know why i am here? do you think i care?

This is his response

Half the pain and suffering in fact most of it is due to mans own ignorance of the very question he seeks...

Why am i hear he asks... well why are you here?

To keep the universe going and to answer GODS questions...

made in his own image ring any bells? do you think he does not ask his own questions??

A question asking a question is DUMB to say the least....

LIFE is the answer to HIS question... We on the other hand do not ask or care to understand our OWN question

Look out your window ... that is why the world is a mess

We do not understand the QUESTION.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

I believe that He cares, but He sees that we are too stupid to listen to His words.
So why did He not create us to be better?

I don't know.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

That is why i said ego...

What you fail to see is that LIFE is not about US LOT ... its a gift in fact its a gift he needs..

He or IT has a question and in order to get it he or IT created LIFE as a function or ,, how can i say the other side of the equation

Without life there is no universe and no answer to his or IT's question

you are the same thing as a tree, an Ant, a fly WE are LIFE all one thing

and that ONE thing IS needed To keep what we are in going and what we are in is a BIG question HE is asking!

We are his little answers ; ) or at least a positive of the 2 "i hope" lol

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
I think that it should be obvious to most people there is something wrong with this line of thinking, which is why I've found books like "The Secret" and so on to be odious and spiritually noxious. The idea that we control our circumstances solely by controling the content of our minds strikes me as rather infantile. "If I close my eyes and think happy thoughts, the problem goes away. If I confront a problem head-on and acknowledge it, that's just being a "downer" and manifesting negative energy." This kind of extreme subjectivisim can lead to serious denial of all sorts of problems, in addition to the trap of blaming the less fortunate for their sad circumstances.

Who is there to talk about "sad circumstances" except you when you're around to "down" it yourself?

There are monks that have no possessions, certainly no jobs, nothing, just the clothes on their backs and their minds, and many of the same ones are amongst the most joyful people you would ever meet in your life.

I have a feeling the idea of that kind of simplicity also scares you, because you have been misled into valuing empty things. If you overvalue your job, your possessions, etc., you are bound to be upset when things happen to them, and bound to be reluctant to stop caring about them as well. Literally, you are BOUND to them in general. If you live for what are ultimately material desires, in our society, and you don't get them, you're just screwed. Your happiness would depend solely on your accumulation of things, securing money, etc. Obviously there is more to life than that, and in reality those things are totally meaningless.

It's not hard to NOT be upset, to NOT be negative, when you don't set yourself up for it. It takes no energy from me whatsoever to be optimistic, it comes naturally, because I realize that things ARE good. The pessimistic attitudes you express are the emotional equivalent of "lies" to me, they're personal feelings that don't resonate with me at all. If we don't need "think happy thoughts," as you mock it, then I still don't want any of what you're having. It's not denial, it's acceptance, being indifferent. I was the one who suggested earlier that we always seek a better understanding than the one we already possess. I have no problem with facing facts.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

you make a clear point

Ignorance ..is what is the problem.. we have been so mislead

there is more to life.. we are the answer to the question

we have to stop trying to get the answer from god.. hes not going to tell us.. we have our own questions to ask OF it not Demand it..

Understand what you are in your essence.. LIFE is here for a reason..

We keep the universe going we answer gods "ITs" questions..

and i do not mean humans im talking about the essence of LIFE itself and the function OF IT..

IT needs life more than you think.

Gave you a star also

[edit on 11-5-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
I totally get your drift. At one time I was a big "Secret" follower.

I keep hearing about that but I still haven't seen it or read the book.

Now-- I agree I am not the most optimistic positive thinker. However, My mindset isnt the reason for everything that has gone terribly wrong in my life.

Some people just have awful terrible lives. I am one of those people, and literally i am not egagerating.

There are things I can't change, too, that I'm in a sense a "victim" of circumstances, so is everyone, that's true. But there is strength in knowledge, from all sorts of sources, especially Hinduism and Jungian psychology, that you everyone should have experience with but hardly anyone does. This knowledge is that you yourself are a creator, the creator in a very real way, and that you are far more powerful than you realize you are in your current state of awareness.

This is not to say you have complete control over everything, but then again, you are not only your body, either. What "you" are, exactly, is a mystery that almost everyone comes to final conclusions on way too soon. I can't settle that mystery for you, either, though I could recommend a straightforward book about it ("The Book" by Alan Watts). You have limitations in this form, not in others, and your experiences here are not exactly what they seem like.

And most of the time I didnt get them was the worst points in my life
When I needed them the most--

Did my desperation create my downfall?

I would ask, how mindful were you being of your potential for failure?

I don't know if you would understand this analogy (I don't even know your gender), but imagine you are trying to seduce an attractive girl but while you are talking to her you are perpetually focusing on your anxiety and nervousness. You know what is likely to happen (or not happen, more like). It comes through in your voice, in your body language, in your eyes, in "vibes" (ie, EM fields) your mind and especially heart give off. Recent experimental evidence coming from Stanford professor Dr. William Tiller even shows that subtle forms of energies can even travel from person to person remotely and cause small currents, changes in heart rate, breathing, etc., mental energies can so condense and affect the world.

Now imagine you have failed with the first girl, and you are now considering trying to seduce Angelina Jolie. If the first girl was out of your league by your own limitations, you likely have absolutely no chance now.

The entire universe, being fundamentally built on creative expression, operates on similar principles as Angelina Jolie. All the exciting things happen to people who are ready for them, who are confident about it and know how to push the right buttons at just the right time, in just the right way, to win "Angelina" over. Traditionally, "occult" authors even associate the universe with the Empress, the Queen, etc., a divine feminine figure, because it is seen as PASSIVE and receptive to the energies of the individual, not the other way around.

Drastic--- oh i think not. I seriously dont believe that the millions of people being laid off right now in this economy thinks that the universe had nothing to do with it- or their mindset had everything to do with it.

People probably won't think it's their own fault when they're being round up and put into concentration camps again, either, but you know what? I would STILL tell them it's ultimately their own personal responsibility to remove themselves from harm's way when the time comes. You set yourself up for your own problems. The minute you deny your own responsibility in the matter is the minute you become totally helpless and a victim to it.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   

hmm i read your posts.. you somewhat have a clue
"that was a complement"

But pain emotion hurt hate everything we think we know is mixed

You see you and me get "we i was for along long time" i died in my sleep and i was told..

not with a voice but with some epic feeling.. that life.. is an answer IT needs and why i say IT and not god is because IT told me that is its name...

anyway in order to cut a crazy story short

Life itself in its essence IS one side of the question IT is asking .. you know like 1 / 0 ?

Our gift is to just be here.. it requires ALL life to be here and IT does not care what you think..

The only thing it cares about is LIFE
not me not you "ego" but LIFE as a function of our universe

We think omg people die!! ohh booo hooo get over it
i know that sounds bad to many but LIFE has more to do with IT and it has to do with you "emotions" ect..

god / IT is never coming to save you.. look out your window look at our history

am i wrong?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Hey, judgement person - DO NOT TELL ME WHAT I FAIL TO SEE.

Do you tell that to people who are close to you? If so, it really pisses them off.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   

you know its ok to get mad.. its really not our fault.. i mean look at it logicaly infact ill show you

We as a human race have this little thing called god.. we do not know how we got here or why correct?

we see pain and suffering in every way you can think is possible, then we have mathmatics that states "or assumes" we have infinity and dispensations.. and that is correct in a lot of ways..

You call me judgmental for what? for telling you that life is a function of the universe and god / it does not give a rats behind and that he is not coming to save you?

Well that is fine with me.. in fact i like the idea your even getting mad

But please look at our planet look at why its a mess

Do you understand the question you are asking? does our planet? hmm?

Human race? what race? i do not see anything close to a race i see manipulation of your mind

Take the time to sit and watch ants .. now that is a race.. do they ask why they are ants? does a tree ask why it is a tree?

The problem sir is the question

That is what binds us all together, and what are we to do about it ? argue over who has the right answer when we do not even know what question we are asking?

Now do you see my point? or am i being judgmental?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger
The only thing it cares about is LIFE
not me not you "ego" but LIFE as a function of our universe

I agree totally, as a function, that's the important part to remember, that we're a function. I seek out re-union with IT, at least as much as I can get without having to physically die. Ever heard of Jacob's vision of the angels, constantly ascending to heaven and then descending back to Earth again? Or casting down their crowns and then picking them back up. The vision made him cry.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   

i cry everyday

I cry because IT does not care for man.. but it cares for life.. and we are life but we need to understand ALL life is life not just our own ego

God made us in his image in the bible.. and what was that image?

The question was the image we ask because it asks .. GOD ASKS QUESTIONS we /"life" ARE one side of the answer BUT ,., here is the crap and good part

In order for it to ask questions it needs us to ask our own "we become it" in the process

Infinity = a question asking a question !

do not ask WHY just understand WE ARE then lets go explore the mind

If your mind looks in the mirror what would it reflect? "the universe"

Logical

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   

It is not ok to put people down, or their beliefs, which you have.

You are not the person who says what is right or what is wrong.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   

there is no right or wrong...

Im not here to put you down sir.. im giving you a message and i would like you to understand your emotions towards me are not my problem but your own.

what is belief? what is it i am putting down?

what question do you ask what answer do you want? do you need a hug? feel needed? feel wanted? feel like your life "ego" means something ?

shall i go ask the tree in my garden the same question? will a tree get mad and call me judgmental?

let me ask you this.. what is life to you? just being human? being created? feeling like your gods little pet ? he made the universe didnt he? he made us all? so if that was the case then he is making me type what i am.. he is making you get mad correct?

you see this is our problem.. i question YOUR belief .. YOURS not life just yours

That is were the emotion fits iin this

and you wonder why our world is so messed up.. you can not even understand the question we all ask is the problem for your emotions

correct?

spellbound just to cheer you up

enjoy!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Hi there! Interesting thread and I love reading about how different each of your belief systems are. I like the idea of being able to ask the universe something but I find it somewhat a selfish idea pestering it for our wants and desires. I also think that if I preoccupied myself with statistically monitoring the amount of successes that it achieved, I would never come up with a definitive answer. I think this because I believe none of us can truly grasp what the universe is. All we can ever come to terms with is our own processes, and even those are relative to the instruments that record them.

I do agree that optimism is the best course of action. I practice optimism only because I think pessimism would be a horrible and depressing way to live. I believe each of our belief systems are biased through our experiences, whether it be learned or programmed, and it's very apparent in everyones replies. So... for myself.. since I believe we are just a blink in the hyper-moment where everything is happening all at once, that the universe/God shouldn't pay us any attention at all.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   

You judged me, you are judegmental -get rea

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   

no sir i did not... i was showing you how our emotions cloud our judgment.

If that is a bad thing or you think i am putting you down then i can not do anything about that as you are your own person just like me

but then again i died in my sleep you did not "and please do not try to die" i never asked...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   

You are very funny.

And so righteous.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by NiNjABackflip

well why should it? lol

IT put us here for a reason and it was not to be our farther... or to kiss our collective ass

we need to understand the function of life not the reason for it in that respect .. or the WHY..

There is no WHY are we here.. there is a little why.. but that not the same thing as asking WHY it it put us here

IT does no know WHY its even there.. so how can it answer our questions when it has its own?

if we are made in his image or "its" image IT IS ASKING QUESTIONS ASWELL

hes not as supreme as you think.. have humility and understand what we are as life forms

we are here to do a job and that is to answer GODS questions not ours.. our gift was to be even be able to question IT..

and do you know why we question IT? "so we make another universe" WE . LIFE is IT..

crackers yes.. logical system "very"

you do not need to read regligion.. go look in the mirror and know yourself you know all the answers to all the questions / for you are the one asking...

and welcome to ats

gave u a star!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join