It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asking The Universe--It Works

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I agree. Because in theory, the universe is the end-all answer. Whatever happens, the reasons why, they are all part of the universe. So by asking the universe, in essence what will happen is your answer. That way you cannot go wrong.
Am I on the right track?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Yes, the universe will certainly answer any questions you have, if you only surrender to the answers when the moment of realization presents itself to you. One easy way to tell if you've found the right answer to a tough emotional problem, you won't really WANT to hear that answer, and you may find yourself denying it being the real answer, but it's in that very instant that you should realize the nature of the energies in you trying to turn you away from the truth. If the "answer" you get is truly irrelevant or doesn't arose any feeling in you, it probably is an irrelevant answer.

But you should always question everything and be open to a better understanding than that which you currently possess.

The universe is alive and intelligent, and people who never realize this.. It would be like treating a divine priest that you see every day as if s/he were a piece of furniture, when you could be deriving so much insight from it.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Could not have said it better myself friend. Thanks for the great response.

I think you are very right, the universe is a living breathing entity, perhaps not concious, but willing to give and take most certainly.

~Keeper

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

You can go wrong in certain instances, depending on what you are asking for, and what type of energy you put into the request.

It's kinda like karma as well. You ask something in fear, in pain or in anger, and you will get an appropriate response based on the energy you put into it.

If you do things in a kind and sincere manner when asking for things, then you wil receive that response.

And sometimes you receive nothing at all, you know I use to tell my christian buddies that god can't answer every prayer, it's the same concept here.

~Keeper

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gdc934
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Just an honest question: How did the Universe come into existance? Are you saying it created itself?

I think people categorize the spirituality the Bible promotes into the corrupt worldly religions, when in fact, the Holy Bible is the most real, universal spirituality inspring book you can read, in my opinion.

You have to remove all the doubt and corruption from your mind, which you will easily pick up from listening to what the major world religions teach you about "worship" and "God" (Catholic Church), and take in what the Bible says in it's purest form.

And not to offend or start arguements, but who are you to tell RRconservative not to share his pesonal "meditation" techniques with you, when you yourself are sharing yours with us? Are we only allowed to reply to your topic if we share the same belief as you?

First off, I've realised there's a difference between people that have "faith" and people who follow "religion," and you clearly have"faith" which is something that I very much respect.

In your opinion, you say the Holy Bible is the most real, universal spirituality inspiring book you can read, in my opinion - if the whole world followed the Bible's teachings in ITS ENTIRETY, then this world prisons would be filled in a matter of hours with murders because of the infinity of subjective meanings taught throughout.

I think you're trying to say that, because the Catholic church incorporates the Old testament with the New, this is why people pick up the ideas of doubt and corruption.

I think you're trying to say that people need to look at the lesson that the bible teaches underneath all of the blood that is spilled in it's stories.

To my understanding, the point of the bible IS the fact of sin, the fact that this was paid back by the sacrifice of Jesus, and the fact that we need to accept this. Wouldn't you agree? This is my understand of your logic due to the fact of your statement that the Holy Bible is the most real, universal spirituality inspiring book you can read.

Now, with that baseline down, your first point accuses the OP of disregarding the source of the universe.

I feel that I understand exactly what the OP is trying to accomplish from a very scientific point of view. The OP never even raises the question about universal creation, as he should not. It is impossible for someone of faith to prove that the earth (and/or universe) was created by this "God," and it is impossible for a scientist such as myself to prove that the source of the universe (and/or earth) was created in a big bang. Therefore - this fact, or point of disagreement must be redacted from the argument as it is not necessary information to the OPs thread.

To my understanding, the OPs mission is to mediate in order to lift the veil over his consciousness (as someone else stated) and be able to influence cosmic energy (which flows through all matter) as there then is a connection created when the veil is lifted, so our individual consciousness will begin to interact with this cosmic energy. THIS is when the OP "asks the universe" or simply uses his consciousness to influence the universal energy that binds all matter together.

I believe this is possible when someone is able to become aware of their consciousness enough and lift that veil from our primitive human understanding.

You - Gdc934 - have misunderstood the OPs mission and RRconservative has as well, if you think RRconservative is "mediation" as he prays, you are wrong. Praying is asking of "God." It is a transaction - between two parties, one asking another for something. The OPs meditation is the act of becoming self aware [achieving higher consciousness]. This consciousness then has the oportunity to influence the universe [cosmic energy].

They ARE different methods and prayer has no place here.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dviper785

Well you seem to understand fully what I was trying to accomplish. Thank you very much for praying.

It is about opening up to a higher level of consciousness and interacting with cosmic energies that are abundant here on earth as well as anywhere really.

Thank you for the response.

~Keeper

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dviper785

Whoa, finally a good contructive conversation! I appreciate your insight very much and how you give us your scientific opinion on this matter.

Now, what you said about the Catholic Church: It is in my opinion that the problem with the Catholic Church goes way beyond simply teaching the Old Testament with the New Testament. I think the Old Testament is just as legitimate as the New, because the Old teaches man to fear God, and the New teaches us to love and follow Christ.

The problem with the Catholic Church is, in my humble opinion, the fact that it does anything BUT teach it's members how to follow Christ and love the Lord. The very fact that the Pope acts as the substitute for Christ in many people's mind, and "holds upon this earth the place of God Almighty" (according to catholic literature), is reason enough for me define this religion as a corrupt religion. I can go on and on about how the RCC violates the 10 commandments, blasphemies against God, and changes God's times & rules, but that is a totally different topic and I'll try and stick to the one at hand.

And prayer my friend is way more than "a transaction" or "asking for something from God". When I pray, a lot of times I don't ask for anything, I just admit to all the things I do wrong in life, and how I think I can live a better, more honorable and serving life to God and the peopleI share this planet with. Prayer is a way to lift up all your concerns that you never tell to anybody else, and give them to God and admit to what your faults are as a human being and how to correct them. Prayer can indeed become a form of meditation, it can lead to feeling "connected" to the ultimate mind of the universe.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Gdc934

Ahh thats the problem my friend. Your religion forces you to feel guilty about living your life.

You feel the need to confess and feel the need to live up to this impossible standard that is Jesus or the orthodox christian "god".

~Keeper

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I disagree. It's an innate knowledge that all intelligent beings share. It's sorta related to the "Service to Self VS Service to Others" as mentioned in the OP. I don't need any religion to tell me how I would want to act. It's much more rewarding for me spiritually to sit and take verbal punishment/redicule for doing what I know is the right thing to do than to follow the crowd and do something wrong or what I feel is evil in my heart. Not to mention, like I've already said, if you believe in something, as I do, then obeying what you believe is what you would call "worship". Therefore, yes, I believe the teachings of Jesus, and I do my best to follow them. "Those whom you obey, you worship." Who are you going to follow, yourself, or the teachings of Jesus? If all you do is follow yourself and only go by your own rules, you worship yourself.

We will just have to agree to disagree here because I could write a book on this stuff.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Whadya know... Today as I was walking to my car on the way to work-- I uttered this is going to be a Bad Day. As I said that I hoped that I didnt set that into motion-- but low and behold-- the day could not have been any worse--- there was a huge HUGE bad thing at work that involved me in it today. I wasnt to blame what so ever - but it affected me so much that I am reconsidering working that job. And a few days ago I said that I would base this day on if I should continue working my job. Maybe the universe is nudging me to quit my job?

I get that sometimes, like the OP states- it does work. It does happen. But what about the days that it doesent? Is that God or Karma?

I dont know does it even works that way or do I want to believe it does? The last time I listened to the "universe" and thought that everything would work itself out-- I quit my job- couldnt find another job- lost my apartment- fell into severe debt and then had to file for bankruptcy. All because I believed that "everything would work itself out".

Sometimes it doesent.

Sometimes I really wonder about the Universe. Does it selectively listen to us when we ask for a bad day and yet deny us when we ask have good luck with money or a job when we really need it? I mean really need it?

I dont think God listens. I think it is a random selective turn of events.
I gave up on figuring out the universe a long time ago.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by xynephadyn]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
Today as I was walking to my car on the way to work-- I uttered this is going to be a Bad Day. As I said that I hoped that I didnt set that into motion-- but low and behold-- the day could not have been any worse

This is a perfect example of you setting yourself up for a "bad day."

In the same situation, you could have said to yourself, "This is going to be a wonderful day," and then being also very secure in yourself and always fully present in the immediate moment, could have enjoyed whatever trouble was going on at work. I don't know the specifics obviously, but even in traumatic experiences that I'm involved in, I consider them as adventures and rather get a rush out of it. I find myself no more harmed at the end of the day, usually the positive outlook even benefits me in these types of situations. And most people would not consciously want to experience many of the things that I have, yet I couldn't care less.

What happens to you in the long term, it so happens, is based on all of these individual experiences sequenced together and what you have made of them. If you make them all better individually, then all together they will sum and then some as a positive net experience. That's the only secret.

When you actively look at things badly, they always seen to get worse. No?

That's because you're only focusing on the worse, thus your whole "bad" mindset. Really good things happen to, you just aren't as apt to remember them, feeling you "deserve" them from whatever bad has happened, etc., thus not fully appreciating them.

When you actively look at things as being better, you will see the better things. And if something ugly rears its head, don't lose optimism, because those things happen anyway and sometimes the end result is something better still yet. Maybe not, but diving into the negative polarity is only going to tend to attract more of the same to you.

The universe is like a magnet to your mind. The universe contains EVERYTHING. Your mind only contains PART of everything, and that part that it contains, it attracts the corresponding part from the rest of the universe. Why? Because frankly it's all anyone can know. No one ever notices something until they are aware of it, by definition. It doesn't get simpler than that. Change your mind, and accordingly your "reception" of the universe will be different, that is an undeniable fact. There is literally everything out there to be received. Whatever you wonder, "Is this there too?" Yes, if the thought exists, it is a reality, even your denial of the possibility is a reality. It doesn't matter if you take my word for it or not.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Interesting topic.

I don't have any concrete answers to offer (who does?), and I go back and forth on my thoughts about these issues, but let me just note that the concept that we create our own external reality through our inner life does have a "shadow side" that it is important to be aware of. For example, embrace of this idea in a certain way could lead to a very callous, non-compassionate outlook on life. Imagine a billionare saying, "well, I'm rich because that is the energy I choose to eminate and make real in the cosmos, and because I'm an advanced spiritual being. Those poor starving children in Africa must be starving because on some level they choose to be. That's the reality they choose to vibrate and manifest. So there is no need to help them...they are just living out their own karma. All they need to do to stop starving is to free their minds and manifest more positive energy, or to become more spiritually adept, like me and the other billionares. Giving them money or working to help them won't solve anything...its their own fault."

I think that it should be obvious to most people there is something wrong with this line of thinking, which is why I've found books like "The Secret" and so on to be odious and spiritually noxious. The idea that we control our circumstances solely by controling the content of our minds strikes me as rather infantile. "If I close my eyes and think happy thoughts, the problem goes away. If I confront a problem head-on and acknowledge it, that's just being a "downer" and manifesting negative energy." This kind of extreme subjectivisim can lead to serious denial of all sorts of problems, in addition to the trap of blaming the less fortunate for their sad circumstances. I think the western world has lived too long in a state of denial. We need to wake up and start confronting some very ugly realities. We do NOT need any more of "just think happy thoughts, click your heels, whistle while you work, and all your dreams will come true."

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
You got my heart beating in a very positive manner when i read this, thank you for the positivity my friend.

I take in that which is also, for that which is is what we are.

People are in a searching state at the moment. Unfortuunately, those that have unaware senses, cannot perceive that which is. They are in a sense of panic.

No doubt an immensely thrilling time we live in, however precarious, will in turn lead to a world that which gives ripe and bountiful harvests for eyes to smell, and ears to taste.

Change is the only constant. Evoke a positive one.

=world change

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
I do the same thing....but I call it prayer.

www.topical-bible-studies.org...

Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

Matthew 18:19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 21:22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

Luke 11:9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?
12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?
13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

John 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

If you are having results, imagine how much better those results would be if instead of asking the universe for something if you instead asked the creator of the universe for it?

[edit on 9-5-2009 by RRconservative]

My problem with prayer and maybe religion in general is that it seems as though you are praying to one supreme being or person that is in charge when it makes more sense that it would be a universal conscience made up of all of our souls/thoughts/ and all the information past present and future all rolled into one thing.

It is not a person or a man-god, but it is us. That is how we can connect because right now we are just experiencing a piece or part of what we really are.

Religion always seems to me to want people to be subservant to god. If he was a god then he/it would understand that we must all be equal and would know more than us that we are and would not require us to serve it , rather we should follow in it's good,loving, caring , footsteps.

It seems what religion was probably meant to do has been lost in time some ages ago and we now have a tainted vision of what faith,religion god and the universe really is.

We have been taught to think of difference when there is only similarity.

We have been taught this vs that when they are really one and the same.

Science vs religion when they are both needed to find the true answer.

It's like needing 2 keys turned simultainiously to open the chest and find the treasure = ( truth ).

Sry for getting too off topic but thought it would add to the post.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Yes, it works.
I'm not sure why and how it works, but it works... like you said about 30% of the requests you make are 'granted'.

When I started this journey and saw personal proof , I started to become more selfish in what I asked for and asked for bigger and bigger things, partly to see how far one could go with this. I've got fantastic and almost unbelievable results!! But it seems to work better on the 'I need' questions instead of the 'I want' ones...
not sure why this is, could be my personal perception of how the loa works... (we create our reality through our thought and personal perception, imo)

I also put this in my profile text:
Make a request to the Universe every day before you get up out of bed.
example: - Today I'd like someone to tell me about the nature of my true being.
-Today I'd like to receive inspiration for ... (fill in the gaps)
-I'd like to see an image of ..... today.
-I'd like to find or receive money today.
Be crative and find your personal proof.

I can give you examples of things I gotten this way but I think most people just wont believe me...

[edit on 11/5/2009 by GypsK]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by azurecara

Did you know that St Anthony is the King of parking spaces? According to my mother anyway.

One day I was in a very crowded street with no parking spaces and I suddenly felt as if I was going to faint.

So I said to St Anthony, "Please, let me park or I will pass out and crash" and lo and behold, a parking space right there. Of course I thanked him.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

I totally get your drift. At one time I was a big "Secret" follower. But- here is my point. Somtimes the bad # happens right? And sometimes the bad # out weighs the good stuff most of the time?

Now-- I agree I am not the most optimistic positive thinker. However, My mindset isnt the reason for everything that has gone terribly wrong in my life.

Some people just have awful terrible lives. I am one of those people, and literally i am not egagerating.

As I said- I try to be as optimistic as possible. But some people are born pessamistic with good reason. I want to believe that good things can happen-- I know that they just dont. Not to me anyways-- challenge me

I can and have asked the universe for signs
And I got them
I can and have asked the universe for jobs
And I did get them

But sometimes I didnt get signs
And sometimes I didnt get jobs
And most of the time I didnt get them was the worst points in my life
When I needed them the most--

Did my desperation create my downfall?

Drastic--- oh i think not. I seriously dont believe that the millions of people being laid off right now in this economy thinks that the universe had nothing to do with it- or their mindset had everything to do with it.

I mean- it gets to a point where this world is just soo ultimately #ed that really- why do we even bother.

Seriously--- Ill give it a try and let you know how the universe feels about me this week.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by xynephadyn]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

what you need to understand is ego and what it is

Life has never been about humans, life is needed to keep the universe going

all the hurt and pain and suffering is needed

To BE here is the important part To be BORN gifted with life is the point

No matter what happens to us lot in our minds.. that is not how the game works and never has

what is your question?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

I understand ego fine- and I also understand my place in the universe, thank you very much.

What question?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

that is my point

What is the question? why the pain? why the suffering?? You see you have to understand what life in fact IS..

Its got jack all to do with humans and pain and suffering ...

but its got everything with the universe being here

I asked what is your question for a reason .. Because you know all the answers to every question

it just helps if your asking the right one

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join