It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman is denied from using rainwater off her own roof!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
This story and thread is breathtaking!

In the UK we have just discovered that virtually every single one of our politicians....EVERY SINGLE ONE......has been stealing from the tax payer, legally, for God himself knows how long!

So, to read that someone is not allowed to collect rainwater is not a huge surprise as it appears that anyone who is anyone is a thief these days. Imagine, every rich person, and person in power is a parasite to the rest of us!

I can't see this being put right easily!
I can't see it being put right at all!

However, I am a great believer in Karma and that Mother Universe and the Quantum Universe demands balance in all things. Once the Earth gets as out of balance as it is now.....you can be sure that Mum is going to get out her sweeping brush and clear up the mess!

Thing is, she tends to be rather indiscriminate and can throw the baby out with the bath water.

Hence, whatever mass destruction is on its way, I have to say....be it a binary star, massive pandemic at some future date......whatever, I can't see these Elites being allowed to continue as they do.

Reading up on Mother Shipton and her passing brown start prophecy the other night, it very much read like a clean up is coming....and potentially a better world tomorrow.

The Parasites of the Elite have had their day.....and we have permitted them to be there.....so we all pay the price!

Hang on to your seats.....there's a hair raising ride to come, but the smell of 'lemon fresh' to follow......eventually!

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo515
reply to post by dodadoom

This has been hapening for years in Brisbane and surounding area. The local government knew that because we were in drought, everybody would be buying rainwater tanks and so they began taxing harvested rainwater. Its the most pathetic thing ever.

Brisbane Australia? When did this happen? There is nothing about taxing harvested rainwater in the water service charges for Logan city...
Logan City QLD Water Charges

And I can't see anything about it in the Brisbane, Ipswich, or Somerset Council's website....

After all the rebates for installing the rainwater tanks in the first place because the of the drought and the limited amount of water available from the Dam's, they are now somehow planning on taxing the rain we can collect from ourselves and thus easing the public water demand?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   

The importance of this self-respect as a prime motivator of human nature can hardly be overstated; it may enable an individual to defy civilization, even in the face of the hatred of the whole modern world. When an individual acquires fundamental self-respect, then s/he will be made a fool no longer, and all the blows of civilization are nothing but the battlescars of a proud warrior. Civilization is powerless against it, because a person who has re-claimed fundamental self-respect cares nothing about the laws and standards of civilization.

This self-respect leads to genuine self-love, the second and decisive step on the path to sanity, for self-love (and happiness in large measure) consists in becoming one’s own ideal again, as in childhood. This self-love eventually overflows and becomes love for others and for external nature.

Glenn Parton: “The Machine in Our Heads” (1997)

That lady needs to understand this above. Forget about "civilization", it's pointless to put value on this organization. Must not ask for such permits. Else we will soon be asking for permits to live, to walk on the street and so on.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom
Incredible! Is this what its coming too? Poor lady, she just was
doing the right thing! Who do they think they are and who do they think
owns the rain and where do they think it comes from?
God in heaven! Oh,..the arrogance!

They have no right! (Unless they pay for the roof!)

All she wants is the rain water that lands on her roof. She lives with her husband and two children in a solar-powered home in rural San Miguel County. Committed to promoting sustainability, Kris Holstrom grows organic produce year-round, most of which is sold to local restaurants and farmers markets. On a mesa at 9,000 feet elevation, however, water other than precipitation is hard to come by. So Kris did what thousands of farmers before her have done: She applied for a water right. Except instead of seeking to divert water from a stream, she sought to collect rain that fell upon the roof of her house and greenhouse. To her surprise, the state engineer opposed her application, arguing that other water users already had locked up the right to use the rain. The Colorado Water Court agreed, and Kris was denied the right to store a few barrels of rainwater. If she persisted with rain harvesting, she would be subject to fines of up to $500 per day.
www.wildlifemanagementpro.com...
Gets crazier every day! No, being crazy may take a permit somewhere in the future!

What, taxing mud puddles? Is that what we've become now? Are we that desperate?
www.ens-newswire.com...

In Colorado, water rights laws severely restrict rainwater harvesting -- a property owner who captures rainwater is effectively stealing it from those who have rights to take water from the watershed.[20]
en.wikipedia.org...

This is unbelieveable!!!. Stared and flagged, I will let everyone i know about this.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Disgusting, but not a first.

Back in 98, Bolivia if memory serves, accepted IMF money and the IMF took control over their economy. That means privatisation of everything to big corporations for pennies on the dollar. They PRIVATISED RAIN WATER. Bechtel was responsable for that, they even paid police so that they would go beat up the poor farmers trying to collect water for their crops or just drink. They couldn't afford to buy water. Within a few weeks, there was a rebellion.

Anyway, in america it's only going to get worse. Thanks to S787 that will give total federal control over ALL water in the US. And you know what that means. Privatisation is coming.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I am still simply flabbergasted by this.

If any company can lay claim to legal rights of RAIN water, then by the same retarded logic, does this mean that any citizen can sue or take legal action against these companies for 'polluting' their property with this same item?

What about floods or a leaking roof. Can the company that is responsible for this water, be held liable for damages done?

If not then the entire charade is out the window.

And frankly, if anyone were to tell me I could not keep rain water, I'd laugh in their face, ignore any consequences, take it to the media and make them suffer public scrutiny over such appalling attitudes.

It's just unfathomable. Really...

The human body is what, 80% water? So.. are they saying they own us too?

I just find every year the things that shock me are getting more and more irrational.

Wow...

[edit on 10/5/2009 by badw0lf]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Yes they do.

Bechtel owns the water. Monsanto the plants. Al Gore-carbon credit (government) the air. And whatever corporations owns our DNA... because I know some DNA parts ARE OWNED by pharmaceutical corporations also government owns our DNA rights. And let's not forget the right to breed will soon be a thing of the past with the eugenicists at the helm of government.

That's what happens when you let the scum take over.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ressiv
I wonder..when will there be taxes on sunlight! lolllll

All it takes is to legislate a permit for solar powered devices.

It would be the exact same thing, I fear. Stupid laws don't need logic to substantiate them, just complacency on behalf of the public.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Yes they do.

Bechtel owns the water. Monsanto the plants. Al Gore-carbon credit (government) the air. And whatever corporations owns our DNA... because I know some DNA parts ARE OWNED by pharmaceutical corporations also government owns our DNA rights. And let's not forget the right to breed will soon be a thing of the past with the eugenicists at the helm of government.

That's what happens when you let the scum take over.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by Vitchilo]

Insanity, no ?!

I should sue them for making a faulty product, lol.

Really, it's just insanity... Let them try I say. I've never been one to accept outlandish laws, so they cannot lubricate their lies enough to get me to bend over and accept it.

I wonder if a factor in how they get away with this, is really due to how most people are just not aware of it. I've never heard of it here in West Aus, and we're a vocal bunch when it comes to conservation and responsible action towards the environment.

The more noise made about this, the better I say. Apathy is no excuse.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
When the polar caps melt there will be no more water shortage, the people prohibiting rainwater collection will drown and be no more. Its insane, what ever waters that fall on my property i have the right to collect, ffs, the trees and flowers that grow in my garden COLLECT RAINWATER EVERY DAY - ARE THEY ALLOWED ?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Actually its pretty normal - Australia had it for a long time as it was designed to standardise water delivery, prevent dangers blah balh, was simply so cheap - times have changed and things need to catch up.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
This is the point where you simply say "no, I don't want to be a part of this system".

I mean seriously, it's an indirect form of state sponsored capital murder preventing someone from collecting a basic necessity like water.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Just build a swimming pool at the lowest part of your property and voila all rain will collect in it.

Stupid unenforceable laws are my pet hate.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Wow. This is a travesty for them, seriously.

I've heard of water rights buying/selling in California, (mainly investors buying up the rights to resell at a profit) but that is water that is ALREADY on the ground.

I'm not sure about this one, but aren't there laws governing and protecting property owners for their "air space" above their own properties? Sort of similar if you have a large tree and the branches grow over someone elses property, it is invading their airspace.

That said, and if true, couldn't it somehow be argued that, until rainwater actually runs off and reaches the watershed that depending on WHERE it falls (in this case her property) it IS hers?

I'm going to look this up a bit because I'm pretty certain that something of this nature exists.

AB1

Edit to add this:
Ugh, nevermind... according to this

While laws about rainwater collection are often murky, Colorado's are quite clear: Homeowners do not own the rain that falls on their property. The Rocky Mountain state uses a convoluted mix of first-come, first-serve water rights, some of which date back to the 1850s, and riparian rights that belong to the owners of land lying adjacent to water. A single person catching rain wouldn't make a difference to water rights holders, according to Brian Werner of the Northern Colorado Water Conservancy District. But if everyone in Denver captured rain, he says, that would upset the state's 150-year-old water-allocation system. The Colorado Department of Natural Resources estimates that 86 percent of water deliveries go to agriculture, which is already stressed by dwindling supplies. And because 19 states and Mexico draw water from rivers that originate in the Colorado Rockies, backyard water harvesting can have widespread implications (of course, the same goes for water that comes from the tap in these regions).

Source

It's definitely against the law. Someone seriously needs to start ratifying those laws (especially in this economy) or some people need to seriously think about starting to relocate. That is an absolutely nonsensical law.

AB1

[edit on 10-5-2009 by alphabetaone]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Governments always seek to control the availabitlity of resources which the citizenry needs to survive,it is the only control they really have,and only because the citizenry is too ignorant to see it coming.

I have known about these types of issues for years,and anyone applying for a permit to do anything is only surrendering their rights to the band of criminals which is their state,federal and local governments.

Everything was humming along just dandy for native americans until the white devils showed up with their lies and deceptions.

Enjoy your bliss while you can,ignorant ones OR stop buying what they are selling,and they will go out of business.

As the PTB always tell us,it is about choices.

What do you want to be?.

From here it looks like you are all happy just being slaves.

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe themselves to be free...Americans.....YUP!!!.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
When did people need to get a permit to attach a barrel to their down spouts to collect water? People divert water from their down spouts by connecting black hoses to them to direct water away from the house.

How is it, people can do that - but instead of the ground getting the water at the end of a hose - a barrel get the water?

I have never heard of having to get a permit to collect rainwater.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
You have to laugh, if you don't you sink deeper in to the spiraling depression of this world.

I have one question?

Why the hell did she ask for permission? I am sure that if she had just continued doing what she does best and thats using mother nature to survive. No one would have been wiser?

You cannot fight against the system by using the rules that you have been taught by the system. Its a win win situation for them everytime, instead you need to think and look deeper and make your own rules. Rules that coincide with nature and yourself.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
"Better to beg for forgiveness, than ask for permission."

"Don't ask, Don't tell."

"Just say No."

This is just another example of how the US is not the land of the free.

Originally posted by Max_TO
I tend to agree , why ask in the first place ?

Don't you get the feeling that anyone claiming ownership of the rain is asking to be smited by the true owner ?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I wonder who owns the Sunlight they are harvesting with those solar panels on their roof? Maybe they will tell her she has to install a meter to her solar panel system and start sending her a bill for that as well.

She should not have ask for a permit I think. I would call it a God given right to collect her rain water and would never think to ask any government official if I could do it.

This is where carbon taxes are headed I think as well. If you have a compost pile for that organic farm you are creating CO2 and methane both greenhouse gasses. It just has endless potential for abuse and it helps no one to tax and regulate nature like this.

Poop taxes are on the way. Can you divert your urine out of the city sewer?

[edit on 5/10/2009 by UFOTECH]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
It would seem to me if they were to be fined $500/day for restricting someone else's valid claim then the someone else may have very negligent in paying for/securing right of way for the rain that fell on their property in the first place.

The back collection fees, interest and penalties could indeed become quite staggering. Let alone the the assessment of property taxes paid over the years for that "right of way" which would not be the responsibility of the landowner in any right of way contract unless specified to remain responsible for such a tax abatement.

Even at the cost of one cent per cubic inch of water, a one inch rainfall over say 100 acres would be a significant amount of money (I'll leave it to the mathematicians). But since rainwater is such a serious commodity perhaps one dollar per cubic inch would not be out of the question, given the other problems of unsecured right of way.

Frivolous and arsine lawsuit, yep. But any schoolgirl will tell you that a swift kick to the groin lets all the other boys know that pulling on your pigtails is a very bad idea.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join