It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman is denied from using rainwater off her own roof!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Is it me or does anyone else think extreme measures need to be applied to situations that are getting out of control? Denying someone the use of rain water is an abuse of power that goes beyond the limits of being civil. These people need to be taught a lesson in civics...

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I don't care if you believe in G_d or not, but anything that has been falling from the skies since time began is not the private property of any one of us. Nor is it negotiable.

Those who say extreme measures are needed - I agree. Better to nip it in the bud before it starts to pop up as local laws that have to be fought in court and repealed.

Even if it succeeds as becoming law, this is a prime example of where civil disobedience is warranted. Have everybody put out a rain barrel, let them go after everybody. They'll back down in a hurry.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Just an observation to everyone who blames Obama for this water issue...
READ THE DATE OF THE ARTICLE!!!
I am pretty sure that he was not POTUS at that time...I have been wrong before though.
idjits

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by northof8

No its not just you, its ALL of us here that feel that way. (I would hope)
When I cant drink from or water my food with water that falls from the
sky(made by God once again) thats barbaric, probably criminal and totally
untolerable to me! Glad I am in good company at ATS! Thanks guys!

[edit on 9-5-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
I don't care if you believe in G_d or not, but anything that has been falling from the skies since time began is not the private property of any one of us. Nor is it negotiable.

Those who say extreme measures are needed - I agree. Better to nip it in the bud before it starts to pop up as local laws that have to be fought in court and repealed.

Even if it succeeds as becoming law, this is a prime example of where civil disobedience is warranted. Have everybody put out a rain barrel, let them go after everybody. They'll back down in a hurry.

This is the answer, and always has been. When they legislate something, everyone not only has to make a public show of having their own, but needs to support anyone they here charged. In other words, everyone turn themselves in all at once!

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
You can't catch the rain off your roof? Dang! How big is her roof?

Once rain, or pollen, or frogs, fall from the sky and onto your roof, that becomes yours.

She would do best to put up standard gutters, and keep her mouth shut while collecting her rain.

God Almighty! What's next?

Catching sunshine is going to be illegal?

How about the wind? No hanging sheets or opening windows?

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Based on certain elements of quantum theory, any constituent particle of anything can be in another place from one instant to the next... meaning y'all are breathing MY air! Hope no one gets their laws on THAT!

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by krusin_

Thank you for that! I was aware of it but honestly did not want to bring
it up for fear of turning this into a political mud slinging contest!

However from this video you can see the "mud puddle" law was passed
in April 2009! We did not notice this last year so now they take the next step.
They just change the definition of water!!! Typical sidestep!

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Dang! Why'd ya hafta bring up the wind too!
Now we gotta pay tax on that! We'll have the underwear police
out here in 10 minutes checking our clotheslines!

No seriously,
!
If it was an actual emergency it would take 'em twenty minutes!

Good stuff as always! Thanks!

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by notreallyalive

You just opened up a can of worms on this one...

First there's a water tax, then there will be an air tax and then finally there will be a matter/atom tax...

One day you'll have to pay tax for every pound of mass you have with an atomic tax, because you're stealing 'space' and need to pay rent to 'exist'

Hands off my atoms!

[edit on 9-5-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by krusin_

Just an observation to everyone who blames Obama for this water issue...
READ THE DATE OF THE ARTICLE!!!
I am pretty sure that he was not POTUS at that time...I have been wrong before though.
idjits

And heres an observation that I will point out to everyone who hasn't yet grown tired of bringing patisan pouting into countless threads where it doesn't belong!

Before Your post the name Obama has been mentioned exactly ONE time. And it was mentioned relating to Carol Browners involvment in both the Clinton administration as well as the current Obama administration. A relative point considering that she is a driving force behind these rules. You are the only on who has put the words blame and Obama in the same sentance.

Instead of steadfastly looking for a fight in which you can valliantly defend Obama, perhaps you should ask yourself if you agree with laws that prevent a person from collecting rainwater from there own roofs, and consider joining the discussion.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Don't apply for permits and keep your mouth shut is the best policy. I live in colorado, and was shocked when I learned of this law about a year ago, not to mention some of the other unreasonable changes that are sometimes made when applying for permits, always costing the resident more money. What they don't know will probably benefit you.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Hands off my atoms!

LOL! Thanks for that! How funny and scary both!
Boy, it sure makes ya wonder whats off limits anymore huh?
You have a very good point!
What about an exercise tax now because we exhale too much CO2?
Boy I wouldn't have believed any of it until recently.
(you know before the shtf)

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
reply to post by notreallyalive

You just opened up a can of worms on this one...

First there's a water tax, then there will be an air tax and then finally there will be a matter/atom tax...

One day you'll have to pay tax for every pound of mass you have with an atomic tax, because you're stealing 'space' and need to pay rent to 'exist'

Hands off my atoms!

[edit on 9-5-2009 by star in a jar]

Actually, in Colorado we do have an air tax in the form of state emmissions tests, and it's been here a long time.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Pierre-Joseph Proudhon nailed it: "Property is Theft"...

Sadly, he's not remembered in history or school,
so nowadays harvesting the rain above your head
is considered Theft of Property.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Damn. It never fails to amaze me....Americans claim that my country is trying to be in our every day lives....but your country really does try to regulate literally EVERYTHING. Usually poorly, with bad bureaucracy, and a serious tendency towards tyranny on every level.

Rain on roofs. Insane.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I live in Colorado here along the front range a good amount of our water is for agriculture in eastern Colorado & Kansas. You mess with their water heads are gonna roll.

We are prohibited from collecting rainwater or runoff, ranchers are permitted for livestock use. We are not to use gray water for yard watering etc. Rural residents must let all house water recycle through the septic system.

Residential wells can be restricted for household use only, no outside watering. An application for a well permit can be rejected there are no guarantees. A well permit is required before a driller will start on a well. Many of these wells are deep so it's not exactly a diy project.

The rich guys pretty much bought up Colorado a long time ago as far as water/mineral rights. The cattlemen's association has a good portion of the land tied up for use as they please. It's open range as defined by state law if you don't want cattle you must go to the expense of fencing them out. Ranchers legally use cyanide traps for coyotes sometimes close to residential areas. The ranchers get away with a lot and got the law on their side. The military owns the skies and wants the whole of southeastern Colorado and will probably get it. Then there's the BLM.

We sit on our little piece of Colorado conserving water and doing just fine. This is the reason I started a thread a while back about growing a garden over my leech field water is precious!

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

What about an exercise tax now because we exhale too much CO2?
Boy I wouldn't have believed any of it until recently.

Not only that. what about an overweight fine. That way they can charge you for being to fat or for working out to get in shape. So no matter what, the government gets paid. Man I should apply for a job as government rulemaker. I could think up ways to charge people all day long.

Like someone before me said. It's funny, but it's really not.

Like reading 1984 and thinking man I'm glad I don't live with all this oppression, and then thinking wait a minute

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienChaser

You are so correct! They will get theirs however they can!
Usually they get you coming AND going!
No, please dont get a job with them! You're too good I can already see!
We dont need any more taxes and permits, rules and bs regulations.
Crap, with all the stuff going on I guess we shouldnt be surprised
whatever they dream up to gouge us with anymore.

Oh I forgot what I was going to say!

I think of 1984 almost every day, how it is becoming more
real all the time, I swear it seems like it anyway....

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Originally posted by SpacePunk

If you think you have to ask, the answer will always be 'no'.

In my experience, most gov't agencies exist to control behavior.

Almost every one of their operatives find it empowering to exercise their "authority," however limited, over the people/business they 'regulate.' There's no risk of looking weak in saying "No," and a lot in saying "Yes."

The trick is not giving them the opportunity to exercise that authority.

s4u

jw

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join