It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman is denied from using rainwater off her own roof!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
When I was still in montana we had the water police out trying to regulate and control the amount of water that was getting pumped out of the ground on a farm in the state of montana. That was ground water that was a waterwell but this is beyond anything I have seen yet.

Charging someone for having water come off there roof Im sorry but there comes a point when there needs to be another klamith falls incident done here to send the fed a message to back off if theres no water for the crops you dont eat the morons that did this need to be fired.

Falcon

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
This is another prime example of the "state" gone completely mad. The rights and privileges of people are being stripped away daily, to the point where the dark lords just might reach their goal... of having every man, woman and child totally dependant upon the state. They're even trying to make us stop thinking for ourselves. They believe (actually, they know from past experience) that if we think for ourselves, we might become dangerous.

Well I've got news for the PTB. we're going to continue to think for ourselves. In fact, we're gonna kick it up a notch. And if you keep this bull shyte up, and keep pushing and pushing... I guarantee you, we're going to become very god damned dangerous. BACK OFF ALREADY!

The laws are becoming absolutely insane and really are designed to take away ALL our freedoms, even our freedom to think. The thought police are working overtime these days. Here's another sample of the insanity:

I'm not sure which state this law is in effect (I think it's Virginia but I could be wrong). The law is that it is illegal to make love with a sheep... unless it weighs over 40 lb. Yes, that law is really on the books.

Surely if a guy is gonna make love with a sheep, he can pick the prettiest one if he wants to, and if she's a little on the skinny side, what business is that of the god damned state? Gesis Kreist, what is this world coming to?

[edit on 10-5-2009 by Albertarocks]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

That is one of the most outrageous things and I can not believe it is in the United States. I knew down in S.A. a country (forgot which one) had sold their water rights and people are not allowed to collect water in any way. Including when it rains, by scooping it off the ground. But in Colorado?

People in that area - need to stand up regarding this issue - that is crazy!

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Wow that's truly insane that they can prevent any human being from collected a resource like rain of all things. Ohh yeah cause a few people have bought the right to ALL the rain that falls in ALL of the united states?

HAHAHAH

Wow, democracy and capitalism at work huh guys?

Good job Obama, seems your Eco-Nazi regime is taking is spreading it's roots quite nicely.

Next we'll have a tax for our burps and farts. We are halfway there with the cow flatulance tax.

~Keeper

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall

People in that area - need to stand up regarding this issue - that is crazy!

Yes - people need to stand up.
I suspect that they will cause trouble with having your own the solar resources/equipment sometime soon.
How dare we steal the sun.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

We had a similar case here in Northern California, but after much anger expressed by her community over the "ticket" and refusal to allow her to continue her educational organic garden they backed off.
She and her husband are teacher's and turned their whole plot and home into a self sustaining green home. They allow anyone who would like to learn various forms of green living and gardening to come on in any day of the week. Most of the children in the area thought they where weird till they took the time to stop in now they themselves are growing gardens in the same manner! It is really cool to see someone teaching children something that has been lost to time and over growth in cities.
They grow some of THE best herb's etc. and some of the finer restaurants in the area pay well to get them. The last I heard they where doing fine and where using the money earned to make booklets for kids and their parents.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
This kind of stuff makes me pretty convinced that the only hope for humanity at this point is a massive pandemic or war that will precipitate a major die-off. If I have to be one of those to go, then I guess that'd just be my sacrifice for the sake of the survival of humanity and the planet. But about 95% of the people on this planet are just too stupid to keep living!!!!!

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by incoserv

It's not so much about stupidity then it is about blind obedience and greed by friend.

Humans by nature are inquisitive, intelligent creatures. Were just easily led, gullible and a little conceded.

~Keeper

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Not me!!!!
I'm a mean nasty curmudgeon who thinks for himself. Even if I have to argue with myself I never let myself lead me into trouble!! Ya, sure I do!!
Five out of six voices in my head tell me I"m right!!

Zindo

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

"Greenploitation" = the exploiting of ignorance to make billions! Yup sounds about right!!

Monthly Statement
Solar use..........$158.84
Sunny days Tax.....$ 67.98
Rainwater used.....$104.45
Raindrop tax.......$ 86.93
Air used...........$102.45
breathing tax......$ 56.02

Greenploitation, yes I think that's it, Greenploitation!

the sad thing is that you are right, there is no technology that will lower the cost to the consumer. They are turning the act of living into a taxable event. It is clear that the government believes that everything, including nature and the cosmos, belongs to them and exists only so that they can either sell it back to the living or tax us for it's use. Everything exists to generate a revenue stream (< ha) for them. Money money money money money. The root of all evil. Truly!

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Over here in the UK we are charged for the water that lands on our roofs and goes down the drain (a lot of residential people dont know this as it only appears on business bills, although joe public still gets charged), however, if we collect it, like people do in their gardens in them big blue drums, you can be fined for stealing off the water company.

Its shameful how man can add a price to something that is provided to us by nature.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Over here in the UK we are charged for the water that lands on our roofs and goes down the drain (a lot of residential people dont know this as it only appears on business bills, although joe public still gets charged), however, if we collect it, like people do in their gardens in them big blue drums, you can be fined for stealing off the water company.

So, let me get this straight.

If it rains you will be charged, no matter what?
Either through rain tax or fined for stealing, hmmm

SOunds like something the American government will think is a great idea. I can see our reps now, huddled in the entryway to congress. The corporate vultures drooling at the widows of their highrise penthouses. All their eyes focused on the same thing. Rainclouds.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienChaser

Read about Carol Browner, Amigo. Her ideas will scare the living crap out of you. This woman is another megalomaniac in her zeal to control everything in nature for the "Good of the Children". Like children are the real reason when she is heavily invested with GE who controls like 80% of the Green tech and options on much of the rest of the Green tech inventions in the world.

Zindo

[edit on 5/9/2009 by ZindoDoone]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Thanks Stacie, Zindo, Tenthpower and all for your contributions!
I wanted to post this video here for everyone also!
What gives with these bs laws anyway? At least we're not alone I guess.
The UK too? Geez Louise! Lets just take it from Canada then! They wont care!(ya right)

Oh, the nerve! Yup, next there will be a breathing tax! Great responses!
Thanks again for your thoughts everyone!

In April, 2009, Senator Feingold introduced (and gathered 24 co-sponsors already) legislation, S. 787, to fundamentally change the definition of “water” under control of the federal government:

www.youtube.com...
Guess that means the praire potholes in my yard are ‘property' of the U.S. Government now too huh?

[edit on 9-5-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom
Incredible! Is this what its coming too? Poor lady, she just was
doing the right thing! Who do they think they are and who do they think
owns the rain and where do they think it comes from?
God in heaven! Oh,..the arrogance!

They have no right! (Unless they pay for the roof!)

All she wants is the rain water that lands on her roof. She lives with her husband and two children in a solar-powered home in rural San Miguel County. Committed to promoting sustainability, Kris Holstrom grows organic produce year-round, most of which is sold to local restaurants and farmers markets. On a mesa at 9,000 feet elevation, however, water other than precipitation is hard to come by. So Kris did what thousands of farmers before her have done: She applied for a water right. Except instead of seeking to divert water from a stream, she sought to collect rain that fell upon the roof of her house and greenhouse. To her surprise, the state engineer opposed her application, arguing that other water users already had locked up the right to use the rain. The Colorado Water Court agreed, and Kris was denied the right to store a few barrels of rainwater. If she persisted with rain harvesting, she would be subject to fines of up to $500 per day.
www.wildlifemanagementpro.com...
Gets crazier every day! No, being crazy may take a permit somewhere in the future!

What, taxing mud puddles? Is that what we've become now? Are we that desperate?
www.ens-newswire.com...

In Colorado, water rights laws severely restrict rainwater harvesting -- a property owner who captures rainwater is effectively stealing it from those who have rights to take water from the watershed.[20]
en.wikipedia.org...

LOL who owns the rainwater then?
"a property owner who captures rainwater is effectively stealing it from those who have rights to take water from the watershed"
This is idiotic...

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Imagine this scenario gone completely crazy...

Where did this particular rainstorm originate from? Evaporation of a lake located several states away. So does that state have any claim to the rainwater?

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I am just taken aback by all of this. Quite literally I'm speechless and if it were me, I would fight it until no end.

I live in rural Pennsylvania, have my own well, own land, ect. The day I get taxed for rainwater, using my well water, breathing, or any God given thing I have here on Earth, is the day I say that it is the final straw, and the Revolution shall begin.

Rest assured, it is one of the many things that will lead to it in the end, regardless.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I suppose we all need to get lawyers and claim our air rights before those get taken away too and we aren't allowed to breath.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
It's always easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Why did she even bother applying for a permit? She should have just started doing it and I bet no one would have ever said anything. Now if she tries, they'll be watching and ready to fine her.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Get a bunch of guns on the farm and see what the response is to that. Make sure all media knows that you're holding the water as 'hostage'. Force the administration to acknowledge that any sort of licensing or regulating of rain water is the most idiotic thing ever. Get the whole town in on the action and see if they still try to regulate rain water.
You might think that this is abit extreme but this sort of extreme stupidness requires a swift and decisive response. You can try to sort it out by legal means etc. but you will only lose huge amounts of time and money and likely will never get anywhere.
Next thing we know they want us to purchase license for oxygen too, and for CO2 for plants

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join