It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google locked my Internet browsing. A Freedom of speech issue?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
that #%$*($ "we're sorry..." message
I had that about a month ago and it had nothing to do with my computer.

After two days trying to fix the problem i walked next door and asked my neighbor we both have the same cable company.

Found out that we both were locked out.

After rebooting to linux (i am duel boot) i found that linux worked fine.

What i found out from the cable company was that someone in town had a worm and it and other ip providers were overloading google just shut down windows/firefox/google for everyone on cable in town that used windows/firefox/google. and likely other providers that were infected.

But anyone that used linux/firefox/google was fine because the virus would not effect them and google allowed them.

googleonlinesecurity.blogspot.com...

By the way if the CAPTCHA test does not work its not your computer its your IP provider (LAN) with the problem.
proxys also have been having a problem with google because google sees 1000s of people trying to use one IP address and thinks its a botnet.
groups.google.com... e+networks
www.seroundtable.com...
www.nabble.com...
forums.whirlpool.net.au...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GuardianAngel7209
GO BE PARANOID SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!!!!!

Wow arent you very polite. I have indeed been censored to a degree. This issue is not completely resolved. When I search google I often get 1 out of 50 results, when it used to be 1 of 507,000. Most apply to top secret “unclassified” or “Classified” or conspiracy issues.

I never knew Gaurdian Angels got so angry?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by GuardianAngel7209

P.S I see you are new here and dont follow ATS rules on all caps. If mods were watching you could get a warning. I still dont know why a new member would tel me to go be paranoid somewhere else and not on ATS. Have you been around a while using a different user name.

I see you have post 5 replies and only wonder if they are ALL angry ones?

[edit on 16-5-2009 by wonderworld]

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join