It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google locked my Internet browsing. A Freedom of speech issue?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
This is extremely weird. For some reason Google has locked me out of browsing freely.

They require I only search using a URL only. I did a virus and malware check and there is no problem. Maybe I’m getting a bit paranoid from being on ATS and hearing about agents watching.

I've searched for some very controversial issues on Google. I’m pretty computer savvy but have never experienced this.

This says “The Web site deliberately does not want you to browse directories” It also says “the 403 error is equivalent to a blanket 'NO' by your Web server - with no further discussion allowed”

Google also said my query is linked to suspicious server . The only other servers I have been on is MSN and ATS. Maybe Ive been reading too much about censorship.

I'm actually scared to post this and should probably follow my common sense but will post this despite my concerns.

Last night on CNN a guy said the internet is like a sewer and needs to be cleaned up. I also noticed all my post from ATS are visible on the Google search engine.

Am I being paranoid or have I truly been locked out? If I’m right the above topic wont be well received by Google.

I have heard of terrorists or pedophiles getting locked out but not a Consiracy Theorist.

One more odd thing; I have heard of people being encountered by people with hand held GPS devices at their door. Yesterday it happened to me. Some guy pulled in to my driveway and parked at the end with his GPS device and simply said he was here to verify it was a single family dwelling.

Anyone have any other ideas? Ive alreaded switched to MSN.com I simply need a logical explanation to this other than I have been censored and am considered a terrorist.

It may not be farfetched if our Veterans are also considered terrorists on the DHS and Homeland Security site.

This happened after typing in the words "CIPTA treaty and the marking of bullets"

HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden

Introduction
Your Web server thinks that the HTTP data stream sent by the client (e.g. your Web browser or our CheckUpDown robot) was correct, but access to the resource identified by the URL is forbidden for some reason.
This indicates a fundamental access problem, which may be difficult to resolve because the HTTP protocol allows the Web server to give this response without providing any reason at all. So the 403 error is equivalent to a blanket 'NO' by your Web server - with no further discussion allowed.
By far the most common reason for this error is that directory browsing is forbidden for the Web site. Most Web sites want you to navigate using the URLs in the Web pages for that site. They do not often allow you to browse the file directory structure of the site. For example try the following URL (then hit the 'Back' button in your browser to return to this page):

www.checkupdown.com...

[edit on 9-5-2009 by wonderworld]

[edit on 9-5-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
What browser are you using, also what operating system?

From what you have described so far it sounds like you are probably using IE with the Google toolbar setup, which will often attempt to 'protect' your computer from sites reported as malicious or dangerous. If you do have the Google toolbar installed try removing it and seeing if you still get these errors.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

So do you subscribe to this "checkupdown" service identified in your link? It looks to me like that's what's generating your problem.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
i have no problem here googleing your search, but i do some times get the same error, in my case it's firefox that is trying to " protect" my computer, oh BTW i cant acces your link ;(

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Not sure if this helps, but I got infected with the Conflicker, and that blcoks google-you can only search with no add-ons or scripts. You might want to hit up a conflickjer sight to see if you have it.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

I'm using IE with Vista. My PC has the google toolbar but my laptop doesnt they are both saying the same thing. The laptop is also Vista.

I cant count the times I have typed in the words "abovetopsecret.com" I have now added a shortcut to the desktop.

What is odd is each time I try to search on Google it requires a verification of my IP address on EVERY search. By typing in the characters at the bottom.

Somethings up and I hope it is rational.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Are your laptop and pc running of the same wifi signal?

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

No, Ive never heard of "checkupdown" service. I'm still trying to figure out what is is. Too weird!

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I would watch what you type... You never know who is watching! I wouldn't think it is any agency blocking your ip from searching. You would have to search something that is an extreme threat to them and t hey would stop you before you are on to something!

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
This is usually an error generated by trying to browse websites by directory.

A lot of people these days (actually for quite some time) disallow using their servers from anything other than from the main URL (ie., www.abovetopsecret.com versus going directly to www.abovetopsecret.com/forums/showmeyourhiddenstuff/default.html)

This is typically what causes errors like this. Not sure if that's the case for you or not.

AB1

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Sounds like the URLs you're attempting to access are for entire directories, as opposed to a particular file therein. If that particular domain has "directory browsing" disabled then that's the message you're going to receive.

e.g.
http://bullridemania.com/images/

-vs-

http://bullridemania.com/images/dmcr.gif

URLs to a particular file that exists within said directory will work fine, they're just not allowing you to peruse the entire contents therein...

not uncommon at all, in fact more the norm.

Just the same as typing an IP address into your browser's address bar, if that IP (domain) has "directory browsing" disabled and doesn't contain an index file (.htm, .html, .php, .cgi, .whatever), then you'll receive a similar message.

Access Denied

Hope this helps.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
"CIPTA treaty and the marking of bullets"

Did you mean: "CIPTA treaty and the making of bullets"

okay...

No results found for "CIPTA treaty and the making of bullets".

Results for CIPTA treaty and the making of bullets (without quotes):

Search Results

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Kalomar

www.checkupdown.com...

I hope this one works.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I have to say I don't understand exactly what is happening (as mentioned earlier, it sounds like you use some kind of toolbar - this would not be the same as surfing to google.com and entering your search query there).. But have you tried Firefox yet, to see if it acts the same?

How about a screenshot
?

[edit on 9-5-2009 by scraze]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

My laptop is directly connected to the modem and the other 2 computers are using the same wifi signal, netgear. So yes they are.

It may seem backwards having the mobile laptop connected. Long story.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by scraze

2 computers do not have the toolbar but are all doing the same thing. I can search on any search engine but Google. the more I read that link it concerns me that all sites can be restricted, if they wish to do so. I guess I took it for granted it was.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DohBama

Yes I think you have it correct. The last thing I typed was "CIPTA treaty and the making of bullets"

I hope I'm not considered a terrorist now.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

If I click on the Google news link and type from there it works but only pops up news articles. I dont want only news articles but permission to search freely. I dont think my settings are missing any page files, HTM or anything.

I also checked all the running processes and didnt find anything unusual. I'll check system config but it's not my computers.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The only way to be sure if something is infecting your computer is to save your pictures, video and text files, and any important LAN driver installer(s) so you can reconnect to the internet after you install your OS, etc on an external storage device then disconnect the external storage device to physically isolate your saved data before deleting your C: drive or whatever the drive your OS is on, then reformatting it with a fresh install of your operating system, or take it to the shop if you want to spend some $.

When i got infected by a google link re directer bot recently, I just reinstalled my computer because it took less time for me to reinstall my computer than it was to look for the virus, which couldn't be found anyway.

When ever you buy or make a computer be sure you have the proper OS installer with you, a backup software, whichever does the job of vaporizing any viruses.

Never type in or store any financial information with a computer that you use as your main workhorse unless you're sure you couldn't possibly get a virus.

You could always call your internet provider and ask them what's up.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shade
I would watch what you type... You never know who is watching! I wouldn't think it is any agency blocking your ip from searching. You would have to search something that is an extreme threat to them and t hey would stop you before you are on to something!

Yes that is what worries me. Ive typed things such as "Civil War 2009" lots of controversial things regarding certain conspiracies. I’m a mystery junkie.

I find it suspicious, to say the least.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join