It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hurt my bottom ...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
ok, yes, I too have a buttache story.
While carrying a tray of cups of coffee, glasses of old milk, and plates of dried food from upstairs....
I slipped about midway down....
So while I thought I was dead... there was the nagging reality of being covered in grossness to help me realize that at some point I was going to have to try and get up... to keep on living.
And once I could stand it... I had to then begin to clean it all up...

oh yeah, and giving birth.... that hurts the tailbone as well.

Word up on the giving birth deal , that hurts like hell. and the last time with was twins OUCH

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
What is it about carpeted stairs and socks that makes us thing they can be compatible? I did the same thing at about your age, only I was carrying a cat in my arms because we wanted her to have Thanksgiving with us.

You know, cats really fly well, when they're properly motivated -- decent glide path too.

So sorry to hear about this SDog. I didn't think mine was busted, even though it hurt like hell, but I went to the docter. He x-rayed and proclaimed that I had a "cracked coccyx", and the rat had a wee bit of a hard time saying it too!

What do they do for that? Prescribe a $75.00 ring that you could buy yourself for about $8.00. Oh, and about $150.00 for the Dr. visit. No extra charge for making you wait sitting on a pointed bowling ball.

Feel better matey. You might get some relief reclining in a hammock, IF it is at the right height that it's easy to stick your landing on the dismount.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
If you don't carpet the stairs, then when you fall you fall on hard wood! Trust me! You slip because of Murphy... socks usually...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
If I I fall, I'm usually drunk and can't remember the word "coccyx".

Peace

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Yes that's right ...

I was at my parents' apartment last night (strange thing to say for a 41 year old) and I was walking down the carpeted stairs with my sockies on and I slipped and fell right on my coccyx.

And it hurts like a mother lover!

So now my ego and my bottom are extremely sore and I needed to vent about it cause I don't like it one bit.

No sir ... in fact I hate it so MUCH!

That's it really.

Ohh SD, you are truly funny and I can think of a million jokes right now, but I will just leave it at that.

Hope your bottom feels better.

Ice now, heat later

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Pimping this thread has literally backfired.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Pimping this thread has literally backfired.

Come here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And pimp it, as long as you post in it lol.

~keeper

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Mine's been hurtin' since the Banker bailout, the stock crash, the unpatriotic act, Bush jokin' at the white house press dinner, the change I can't believe in, health care reform ... sorry I had to vent too. I really am sorry about the old tail-bone though.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

why don't we have a 'trying very hard not to laugh' emoticon?

:-)

I'm so sorry to hear SD

I broke my butt (or coccyx) once too - it will hurt for a very long time - sorry to say

also - never walk down a very long flight of stairs with both hands in your pockets

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I am sorry SD!

I have heard of people having a bruised tailbone and it is extremely painful.

MIght want to have it checked out just in case.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
You pimped this thread elsewhere so I came.

In fact I ended up doing exactly the same thing almost exactly the same way right around the same time of 2009 at my parents' house. I was carrying a bag of clothes downstairs. It hurt like a mofo for months. I never bothered with a doctor; I could still move but with pain. It's all better by now though.

Hope you're all healed too. You have my full understanding on the matter.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
My wife had her coccyx mangled courtesy of a new years eve drunk driver.

The only bright light in all of this was the downright laugh riot at the doctor's office when he had to say coccyx for the entire appointment. Sometimes he'd ask her How's Yer Coccyx just for fun.

Trust me, you do NOT want pain medicine injections in your coccyx, or much of anywhere else. Grown men and women have cried just watching it.

SD, I hope your coccyx heals well and permanently.

Needless to say, it's a real pain in the bum.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

In retrospect pimping my bottoms was perhaps not the wisest of courses ...

Mentioning this thread in another was probably equally ill advised.

Though I wouldn't wish the predicament on anyone EU, I do appreciate the commiseration ... we of traumatized coccyges are a fine group of semi functional members of society who are often unfairly stigmatized!

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

why is there always so much reading here?

I never think to look at the dates - in my head everything is happening now

I hope your hiney is all better now SD

and you can put this well behind you

:-)

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

The laws of thread pimping entropy state, in short, that a thread cannot be unpimped except by further introduction of energy into the system.

Did you get air time, smack your head when you landed and slide down a couple more stairs? I only feel comfortable asking this to another coccyx dysfunctional who can empathize with my plight.

Also, I am considering pimping my matatarsal story from August. I will think about possible consequences of that first.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Don't be so butt hurt there are worse things that could happen

Know what I mean.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I fell on a car battery once, god did it hurt! :shk:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Well I have a story.

Its 5am and I'm in a hurry to get to work by 7. I am going down the stairs to get some clothes out of the dryer, my foot slips out from under me and I fall on my ass. It doesn't stop there, oh no that would be too easy. My other foot also comes out from under me and I slide step by step all the way down. I hit my tail bone on every single step, twisted my ankle and my wrist and hip hurt for days.

Best part is that I was in my underwear. My parents came out and asked what happened and by that time I had gotten up. The asked me what happened and I blamed the cat cuz I was embarrassed.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about that. I bet that hurts. You might want to make sure it's not cracked. No pun intended. One of my friends decided to jump off a 70 foot cliff into a lake. He hit the bottom and cracked his tail bone on a rock. Maybe you can get one of those inflatable doughnut things so it won't hurt so much when you sit down.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join