It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll Results: "What is your opinion of Swine Flu?"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This is the first poll here that went exactly as I thought it would.

I selected "it will die off but thousands will die" Just because I was thinking of the regular flu. 36,000 died from that alone last year. I figured that if it did become some kind of pandemic that it would hit the poor countries hardest.

It seems to be showing signs of slowing. If I recall correctly Mexico has said that it is slowing down and other organizations are saying now that it appears it wont be nearly as severe as they originally thought.

Good poll.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a very interesting poll

what i find intriguing is that it could be argued that the top 3 results all could be lumped together and considered a distraction technique, the fact that 75% of those polled believe something that could be argued that the media is misleading us, is very telling of our way of life and culture

it could obviously be slight of hand, while we're all looking over here at swine flu something bigger is going on which could be filed as "the media is hyping it in order to distract us"

but hyping it the way they are could also be their way to distract us from the true dangers of the situation, maybe it is worse, "it is much worse then any of us could imagine " but by covering it the way they are, they are knowingly distracting us from the truth, as there are those who are saying it is truly devastating and could be very deadly, but the voices of those people seem to be drowned out by the media version of events taking place.
these boards are filled with "insider information" talking about how either devastating this virus can be, or how over-hyped the media is playing it

and then there is "its not serious and will soon fade", if that is the case, then the media is misleading us again.
they are now reporting 2 BILLION people could contract this virus and all other sorts of horror stories leading us to the conclusion that this could be a tough pandemic to deal with but "should be over within a couple years"

but if its not that serious then why is the news hyping it to such the extent that they are

its interesting that all top 3 views accounting for 75% + can be argued that the conclusion is that the media is misleading us either willingly or thru ignorance

i know we all know the media is powerful but in my eyes this gives it a good perspective

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I really think its a pawn in the big game, its just a little piece of the bigger pie.
pretty soon everything will just fall into place and well all be sayin"Icant believe we didnt connect the dots"

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
According to Steve Quayle it was a race-specific bio-weapon that was under beta testing.

The "real" flu will hit later this year, maybe in South America, or next year anywhere. That will kill many thousands/millions during alpha testing.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by seabisquit]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Thanks for doing this, really great to see. Everyone get their colloidal silver.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Voting trend would indicate that Main Stream Media's propaganda is working... Perhaps on more then one story. If it can show Propaganda for the case of Swine Flu is working, perhaps propaganda for the Economy is working, for the job Obama is doing, for the case for Bail Outs is working..

IMO, it shows the institutions we so often talk about here on ATS still have an iron grip over our minds.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
What frightens me the most?????????????
Is that only 9% of us have enough brain cells left to figure out whats really going on. Which means we have ony 9% of the population to fight off the Satanic group manufacturing this #@ in the laboratory...HELLO???? EARTH to those 92% floating in outerspace.....
ASK yourself these questions
Why does this virus have no pedigree?
Don't Virus's start in Asia????
Why is the virus starting in Mexico?? (1st time in history)
While Obama's meeting there in Mexico??
Why is the virus season starting in May???
Why did Baxter get caught sending contaminated vaccines with live flu viruses????
The same company that has a contract for the vaccines????
Why would the government threaten to lock down cities at LEVEL 6 but won't shut the borders??? (because it's a excuse for martial Law!!)
Why was Fema digging mass graves for the past few months???
Why is Fema investing and stockpiling so many coffins?
Why did the UN sign contracts for mobile incinerators?
OH MY GOD PEOPLE WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO WAKE YOU UP?????? REALLY????? COME ON!!! You 92% are the ones that frightened me, you are the ones that are going to march right into their death camps thinking your going to Disney Land... The mass population is seriously brainwashed or there is a MASS mental illness.
Are your minds so childish that you can't count dots? 1 + 1 = 2
What really KILLS ME????????
Half of these questions were discussed as topics on ATS
But..What KILLS ME THE MOST???
Is this poll 's results take place on "A CONSPIRACY WEBSITE"!!
I can only image the results of rest of the population.
You would think that this site would attract brilliant minds...but it leaves me saying WOW!
My God We are Doomed!

[edit on 8-5-2009 by Wideawake08]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wideawake0892% of you are going to march right into their death camps thinking your going to Disney Land... The mass population is seriously brainwashed or there is a mass mental illness. My God We are Doomed!

No we are not doomed... only the 92% is... so lets say we save 2% 0f those leaving us with 10% that are awake...

Since the population of Earth is as of June 2008 6,706,993,152, 10% still leaves us 670,699,315

Doomed? Heck no but it will be a lot more peaceful on this planet

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I think it's being hyped up to distract us, disarm us and to "test the waters".

I'm now waiting for "the other shoe (the real one) to fall.

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him.
- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected.
- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

In the practical art of war, the best thing of all is to take the enemy's country whole and intact; to shatter and destroy it is not so good. So, too, it is better to recapture an army entire than to destroy it.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War

[edit on 8-5-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I wonder what the results would have been if we were able to pick more than one response? The choices were not mutually exclusive. More than one choice could have been chosen as true.

Then again I always want more than just one piece of the pie.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
What I find most interesting is the pretty even results. If you consider the people that frequent and visit ats those that keep up on news from all fronts, and even we cannot find a significant consensus on the issue.

I agree with those who have stated this truly indicates the confusion the media and TPTB are perpetrating. With so many outwardly conflicting stories, even the most astute couldn't figure out the truth. Given that, imagine what the uninformed masses are thinking...if they even bother...I hear American Idol and Dancing with the Stars are heating up....

Such is life in this world in which we live.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
1)Why does this virus have no pedigree?
2)Don't Virus's start in Asia????
3)Why is the virus starting in Mexico?? (1st time in history)
4)While Obama's meeting there in Mexico??
5)Why is the virus season starting in May???

1) there is a long pedigree attached to this virus. H1N1 is a subtype of Influenza Type A

2) Virus start wherever they can get a foothold on the host population.

3) Hemorrhagicgic Fever wiped out most of the Aztecs in Mexico in the early 1500's, and again in the late 1500's. This allowed the spanish to conquer a nation of tems of million with only thousands.
We dont know that this flu originated from Mexico, what we know is it found the perfect conditions to spread in Mexico

4) coincidence

5) There is no season for a virus to start, but the spread of virus tend to occur in the winter months. Virus can lay dormant for hundreds of years before environmental and societal conditions provide the perfect situation for its spread.

The problem Viruses are still a mystery to science, the role they play and purpose on earth. Medical communities should over react slightly when this occurs, to avoid runaway desease and damage.

Ram

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Im glad i don't have TV..What can i say...
No matter what we do...

Start thinking about plantlife..!

Like - Start to understand things like... What is the purpose, of this plant, originally..??!
Why does it smell, like it does?..Or how come this plantlife is better than medicine?

Omfg - two horse-policemen just went past the window...wow!!.

Riding on living creatures..
They must love horses..

Thank god they don't use elephants.. OMG...

Roger out..
END OF TRANSMISSION.

[edit on 9-5-2009 by Ram]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
What is interesting is how the govt. is saying it is no big deal anymore.

This morning the local news said there were 3 more cases of kids testing positive with a variant of the flu, which they believed would be ultimately positive for the H1N1, But they are not shutting down the schools again and when another kid did test positive at a school here - they shut it down for one day only. That same school had 3 more kids tested positive - but no shut down. They are saying there is no need.

I have my child in another school just miles from both schools that have positive tested kids.

The media and govt. has done a 180 turn - first they hyped it to no end, now they are saying "don't worry about the kids at schools having it - it is no big deal".

Which is the truth - the hype in the beginning or the down playing now?

The sad thing is that most people don't even recognize it or see it.
They are just spoon fed whatever they hear outta the TV and don't even think twice.

How could it go from only 1 story... ALL day (Swine Flu) on all major news outlets.... to
Ehhh no worries about Swine flu, no biggie, back to celebrity divorces/rehab/sob stories basically overnight.

Yet no body finds that sketchy?
Blind

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Having talked to an uncle in the Pharmaceutical industry last week, I fear the worst.

To begin with, the combination of the Avian and Swine strains of flu (H5N1 and H1N1) is not as far-fetched as it has been told. The conditions for this to happen aren't very strict. Although not highly probable, it can happen. And it already has.

Now this is where it gets interesting. For the new strain of Avian + Swine flu to be combined with the Human strain, to happen in nature it would have to happen in a host with a body temperature of 25ºC. Well my friends, that is humanly impossible. The Human's ideal body temp is 36.8ºC, and if it drops to close-30ºC's, it means the body is dead, it's a corpse. In no way Flu strikes a dead person, and consequently it can't be alive to combine with the Avian + Swine strain and mutate.

So, how can a new Avian + Swine + Human mutation of the strain happen? Exactly folks, a VERY VERY controlled environment, with PRECISE temperatures and pressures measures during the procedure, and in a TIGHTLY controlled space.

To sum it all up, it's Man-Made, and due to all the huss and fuss around the perfect environment, it was premeditated, with a specific use to a specific cause. The corporations behind this, and political figures, banking figures, HAVE to be accounted for, and be condemned for Genocide by penal code of a variety of countries, Constitutions of both the countries where people got killed and country(ies) where the virus was manipulated, and to end, mass violation of the Bill of the Human Rights.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Toorop

I have thought about this as well. I have questioned how can these viruses mix together naturally. It just did not add up for me. The CDC is really more like disinformation agents at this point. I am not getting real answers from their web site or 800 number. I don't want to know symptoms I already know those. I really believe that this could have been contained early on. What if the government doesn't want it contained? What if they want it to spread? Fear is a lethal weapon. I think the main threat from this virus is the fear and mass confusion is causes not the virus itself at this point. What if we turn our head only to find out there are 1 million with this flu and 10,000 dead! Less and less information is put out there. If I were to follow the news it would believe it is in the decaying phases. I am not a sheep who believes what I am told yet no one is sick here or are they keeping them in seperate areas of the ER and hospital?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Toorop

a lot of us have been experiencing LOW body temps at the beginning of illness's this past month. We have all the swine flu symptoms and LOW body temps for the first few days. Your post makes perfect sense.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by Toorop

a lot of us have been experiencing LOW body temps at the beginning of illness's this past month. We have all the swine flu symptoms and LOW body temps for the first few days. Your post makes perfect sense.

But your body temps haven't reached 25ºC right? I'll answer it for you, they won't reach it, it's too low for you to even be alive. 25ºC is the temperature that H1N1 may mutate with surrouding familiar viruses.

Since Summer is arriving here in Europe, the virus won't find cold bodies to drop in and host itself. Come Winter time (end of October), we'll just have to see.

However, the H1N1 virus has shown that it doesn't necessarily need to mutate with the human strain to actually show up and affect a human being. Just like the Asian cases in the late 90's and early 00's. These are highly adaptative viruses.

All I'm saying is: if there's a mutation of the three strains, that's when SHTF. And that # is a man-made dump

I haven't caught a flu for 3 seasons. Just mild colds, but I'm always careful when the first sniffs manifest. The recepee is always the same: plenty of fluids (peeing is my favourite hobby in those days), a few Vitamin supplements, 1000mg Aspegic every 8hrs, and 4 glasses a day of 100% natural orange juice from biologically grown oranges (taken from my own orange tree).

The key to not test your chances is not letting the season change (Summer -> Autumn) get the best of you. A t-shirt when it's warm, a nice jacket when the nights start getting chilly.

PS - Never took a flu shot in my entire life. Phuck it.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

Several months later. We're still here. Yep, I think that this was the saddest attempt by the evil NWO to kill us all. LOL at you guys

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
By the way I should add that I had it and I felt bad for one afternoon and i felt better the next day. And im a person who seems to catch every single non-killer strain of the flu every single year.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join