It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll Results: "What is your opinion of Swine Flu?"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
The results are in, and after a record 18,172 votes (for single topical poll) nearly half of you think the swine flu is either not very serious, or is being hyped by mainstream media as the distraction du-jour. However... the largest single vote-result is a stunning 26% (4,725 votes) of you who feel the virus is "much worse than any of us possibly imagine."

Here are the complete results...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9a5312f62444.jpg[/atsimg]

As I watched the numbers come in, and for anyone else who looked in on the poll-results shown on the board home, the "much worse" category was building over time. In fact, the number of people picking that option began to rise significantly as the overall news settled down late last week and into the weekend. On the other hand, the two "not serious" and "distraction" categories took-off fast, then saw fewer and fewer votes over time.

I'll leave it out to our members to speculate on what the voting trend might mean.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Wow, that's split fairly evenly between the two polar opinions.
Wonder who will be right?
I'll guess we'll know over the coming months if this virus gets a second wind or fades into obscurity.

Interesting results.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Wow, three definite trains of thought.

Much worse, not serious and mass hype.. Could this be because of the possible future 'strength' of any new attacks?

Is this really saying "This time it's not to bad, but it really is much worse than we can currently imagine as this is just the first wave, and yes, we are over hyping it because we need the Tamiflu sales to promote the global economy but that wont save you when the virus strikes again later
"

Time will tell...

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
What is interesting is how the govt. is saying it is no big deal anymore.

This morning the local news said there were 3 more cases of kids testing positive with a variant of the flu, which they believed would be ultimately positive for the H1N1, But they are not shutting down the schools again and when another kid did test positive at a school here - they shut it down for one day only. That same school had 3 more kids tested positive - but no shut down. They are saying there is no need.

I have my child in another school just miles from both schools that have positive tested kids.

The media and govt. has done a 180 turn - first they hyped it to no end, now they are saying "don't worry about the kids at schools having it - it is no big deal".

Which is the truth - the hype in the beginning or the down playing now?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

I think the hype and closing of schools in the beginning was a attempt to contain this bug, but those attempts have completely failed.

Im in the 26% that think that this will be really bad next winter or round 2. They know they can't contain it, so the next best thing is to downplay what ever it does or whatever potential it has.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The poll seems to have forgotten the answer

"This is a test run to test out spread and speed of spread, the real virus will be released soon under the guise of a mutated form of this swine flu"

I hope anyway, I can't wait to test my immune system.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Where are the voting screens for these polls? I've missed the last ~4 so far and I visit this site nearly every day. Is it always on the right hand side of the screen along with the advertising banners? It's probably because I have no interest in reading the advertising that I keep consciously missing them.

Is it possible to have a U2U sent out when a new poll is available? or some other kind of attention grabbing method?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Durrilll

You have to load the board home page, it's on the right. That's where I've found it everytime so far..

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

What I am surprised with is the lack of belief it was an assassination attempt on Obama.

I mean what do they do with him. They cannot shot him like Kennedy, look at what happened there. There are no towers left to send him to a meeting and them blow them up.

What is better for the guy to get a bad case of the flu in that Country Mexico who is unruly and doing their own thing and even told the world about UFO's. Take out the swine industry at the same time. Way to go Obama, I am proud of you, you got someone upset.

To me, the assassination attempt is a slam dunk, pretty inventive Cabalists, NWO, or whomever you were. Best get your shots in now, because soon the vibration of the planet will drive you to insanity, and you will be hanging from your neck, you have lost control, you are on the way out, or you can join us in the shift now, and save your life. Your choice, it is all about freedom of choice.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
A highly commendable and superb effort and act on ATS's part. Thanks for a super job by all!

I gave it a Digg as requested.

The poll though is highly flawed because people in the know, really know it was all about McDonald's scaring the public with yet another return of the McRib Sandwich!

Drastic measures did have to be taken and those martyred to the cause, shall be remembered in the fast food hall of shame!

Let's cross our fingers this goes away and never comes back and think Happy Meal thoughts!

Thanks again.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Could we answer more than one response?

I would have answered those:
GREEN + ORANGE + GREY + PURPLE.

It's a media hype for now with a fake virus. For now. But later they will release more deadly virus that will kill millions and it's done by the NWO.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Estharik
reply to post by Durrilll

You have to load the board home page, it's on the right. That's where I've found it everytime so far..

Ugh.. I only go to myATS every time I come here. I'll try to remember that. Thanks for answering my gloriously stupid question.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
i think it means none of us really KNOW.

and never will

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Isn't hyping something just saying that people make it seem really important, even though it might not even be as important as a fraction of it.

The way I see it the 3 major votes are 2x "Not as serious as people make it seem" and 1x "More serious than we currently imagine".

Regardless, I think the seriousness is due to the hype it receives, people speak of it as if it's a new plague, but so far it doesn't seem to be anything like the plague.

Seems a lot of people seem to think otherwise, let's just hope they're wrong.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoulOrb
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

What I am surprised with is the lack of belief it was an assassination attempt on Obama.

I mean what do they do with him. They cannot shot him like Kennedy, look at what happened there. There are no towers left to send him to a meeting and them blow them up.

What is better for the guy to get a bad case of the flu in that Country Mexico who is unruly and doing their own thing and even told the world about UFO's. Take out the swine industry at the same time. Way to go Obama, I am proud of you, you got someone upset.

To me, the assassination attempt is a slam dunk, pretty inventive Cabalists, NWO, or whomever you were. Best get your shots in now, because soon the vibration of the planet will drive you to insanity, and you will be hanging from your neck, you have lost control, you are on the way out, or you can join us in the shift now, and save your life. Your choice, it is all about freedom of choice.

Alex Jones, is that you? I didn't know you were on ATS, that is so cool!

Seriously though, I kinda agree, at least with the possibility of it. I like when people care instead of being apathetic, too.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

CHAPTER 1: SWINE FLU ANOTHER MEDICALLY-MADE EPIDEMIC

"Take the profit out of the manufacture and administration of serums and vaccines and they would soon be condemned even by those who are now using them"—George Starr White M D

At the present writing, October 1976 a group of medical opportunists have taken upon themselves the dictatorial authority to declare the threat of a sweeping epidemic of SWINE FLU which they said was similar to or related to the 1918 epidemic of Spanish influenza which wiped out 20,000,000 people world-wide This declaration was supposed to scare all the people into their vaccination centers to be shot full of experimental vaccine poisons, while they, the promoters, raked in the profits During the big polio vaccine drive, a spokesman for ParkeDavis one of the five drug houses making the vaccine stated "Our company will clear over $10,000,000 on Salk vaccine in 1955 " Before they were through they had fleeced the people of over $4 billion dollars on the Salk racket (See the chapter on POLIO CAUSED BY VACCINATION)

Most of the people had their eyes opened during the polio vaccine fiasco so now when the same poison pushers started to beat their drums again for swine flu vaccine customers, they were smart enough to see through the hoax and refuse the shots, even though the scare-head propaganda slogans said swine flu is contagious and you can die if you don t get the shots

However, the scare techniques and perhaps other inducements, worked on (the then acting) President Ford who has since been voted out of office—and none too soon When the high pressure sales committee, Doctors Salk Sabin, Sencer, Mathews Cooper, etc marched into Ford s office in March (76) and told him to hand over $135,000,000 to support their private money making racket, he handed it over like a simple child without even bothering to ask them for a guarantee that their unproved vaccine would not kill the people—as it did in other vaccine drives—or that their claims were justified.

Their claims of safety, effectiveness and need have all been proved to be false during the past few weeks when the vaccine killed 113 people, nation wide, and paralyzed 75 in California alone. We do not have the reports from all 50 states, but if it is the same as in Calif. that would add up to 3,675 cases of paralysis. Many coroners have been given orders by the doctors not to give out the swine flu casualties. So, we don’t know all the facts yet, and we may never know unless we have a "Watergate" investigation.

www.whale.to...

The above is just the beginning of the 50 page article/pamphlet written by doctor Eleanora I. McBean, Ph.D., N.D. This is from the alleged epidemic in 1976!!!!! So what do you think they are trying to do today? Please.

I posted it elsewhere several times and apparently no one reads anything this long. EDUCATE YOURSELF DARN IT!!!!!! Read the damn paper and understand what is going on. I am so sick of people posting bull and then when someone posts something of value it is never considered or read. WTF?

This world is going in the trash so fast and all the people on this site seem to care about is arguing or trivial crap. There are so many actual good information sites out there and do any of you belong to any of them? RestoretheRepublic, LibertyforLife, CampaignforLiberty, WethePeople and so on.

Lets get this straight and lets get it done with. Are WE going to wait until THEY fire the first shot or what? Educate yourself and then educate your family and friends. It's really pretty simple.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
Which is the truth - the hype in the beginning or the down playing now?

Well what ever happened to SARS? Or the pandemic producing Bird Flu? Seems we never get a follow up on last months scare of the century...

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Personaly i opted for the "Its not serious and it will fade soon" option.
Thats what i believe at current.

However the wide and dispersed distribution of the chart propably means that we do not yet know about it enough so as to draw safe conclusions.
Its in the nature of the future for it to be quite unpredictable.

So comming to a conclusion, even the panic prospect of such an incident has yielded a reserved and spread result, backing up alltogether my beliefs.

Thats prety much my views in very few words.

Farewell and Take care!

George TG

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
The results are in, and after a record 18,172 votes (for single topical poll) nearly half of you think the swine flu is either not very serious, or is being hyped by mainstream media as the distraction du-jour. However... the largest single vote-result is a stunning 26% (4,725 votes) of you who feel the virus is "much worse than any of us possibly imagine."

Here are the complete results...

SkepticOverlord, I have a serious request regarding future presentations of new polls.
The ATS team did an excellent job regarding the coloured presentations of the polls so far, but here is my problem with them.
I am to a certain degree colour-blind [ I am not joking] and I assume there are perhaps some other members also who have that same problem.
Therefore, it is difficult for me to see which text belongs to which part of the “apple-pie” so to speak.
So my request is, if it is possible to use numeration in the presentation if you understand my saying.

Thanks in advance.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Honestly, I think the whole thing has beeen blown out of proportion. There are thousands and thousands of deaths caused by the common flu every year and people have taken this "swine flu," which has only killed a few hundred, and turned it into a fear mongering escapade.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

<<   2  3 >>

join