It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House calls for $17 billion in budget savings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

White House calls for $17 billion in budget savings

www.latimes.com

Reporting from Washington -- The Obama administration plans to deliver to Congress today a guide for saving about $17 billion in federal spending next year -- as part of the $3.55-trillion budget for 2010 that President Obama has proposed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
While this is a good start, it just isn't enough after what has already been spent. All of the things they are planning to cut under this proposal need to be cut, but there is still so much wasteful spending that could be stopped. This is a step in the right direction, but it's a very, very small step. Hopefully, they will find a little more fat to trim.

TA

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Wow $17 billion. That is a lot of money. How does President Obama do all these wonderful things for us? So what is $17 billion/ $3.4 trillion anyway. It must be a lot.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Hmmm, here's a good way to save some money for the Govt. Shut down the IRS, DEA, ATF, FDA, FTC, FCC and outsource it to kuala lumpur, or Guam or something, might even get something positive done.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by dashen

Dont forget shutting down the post office and letting UPS and/or FedEx handling it. Then we could just think about mailing a letter and our friend would recieve it instantaneously.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
reply to post by dashen

Dont forget shutting down the post office and letting UPS and/or FedEx handling it. Then we could just think about mailing a letter and our friend would recieve it instantaneously.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, but that is probably true.
If private industry can do something better and more profitably than the Government, why not, unless they gang up and ream the public.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
oops, double post wasting bandwith........

remove please oh mods.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by dashen]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by dashen

No i am not being sarcastic. I dont even understand why the government subsidizes the post office when we could privatize it and make a profit. I also think its unfair that the USPS can get subsidies but they are allowed to compete with FedEx/UPS on overnight shipping. That is ridiculously unfair.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
The bottom line comes down to the bottom line. The government wants people to think that it is always going broke, and THEY NEED YOU to help fix this mess. Then the money goes G-d knows where, to outrageously wealthy men, for shiny missles and secret bases all over the world, and maybe beyond. $17 Billion, ha, let them sell some B2 bombers to Luxembourg, that out to get us off to a good start.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Wow $17 billion. That is a lot of money. How does President Obama do all these wonderful things for us? So what is $17 billion/ $3.4 trillion anyway. It must be a lot.

17,000,000,000/3,400,000,000,000 = 0.005

Thats right! 0.5% of his budget!
(Just threw up in my mouth a bit)

-E-

[edit on 7-5-2009 by MysterE]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE

17,000,000,000/3,400,000,000,000 = 0.005

Thats right! 0.5% of his budget!
(Just threw up in my mouth a bit)

-E-

[edit on 7-5-2009 by MysterE]

You know the Obamaman's work is never done. Maybe he will keep plugging away and get all the way to 1%. He is saving the country .5% at a time.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
While ASKING for 92 billions more for the Iraq-Afghanistan war...and emergency funds for Pakistan... Obama is ALWAYS about distractions, deceptions, lies and PR.

Seriously, this is ridiculous. Asking money on one side while saying he cuts the budget... HAHAHAHA

top topics

join