It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montana Governor Signs New Gun Law

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tatersalad

tatersalad, I had walked outside to have a smoke and was thinking the same thing.

These boys got testes.

And I have no idea how they can walk!

God! Gotta love it!

We have to get Florida on the wagon. Remember at one time here they allowed open carry anywhere until store owners started raising hell about it.

If they could do that - they can do this.

We get the gun thing fixed, and then we can work on only paying our States our income tax. Who will then dole it out for defense, maintaining the treasury, and a modified Social Security.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Question
reply to post by David9176

to hell with international law! Does the UN actually expect Americans to follow their garbage? What are they gonna do if we don't? invade our sovereign nation? Do they honestly expect americans to listen to so called "leaders" that don't even live here?

You know what? to hell with the UN, to hell with international law, and to hell with Obama!

Baby blue helmets make nice easy targets.

Oh, and DC can forget about calling up former vets and our military boys. The feds already made enemies out of them with their recent disgusting "terrorist" insults towards them.

At the rate DC is going they're going to be the lone goose up on that hill. They're making enemies at a record rate, even in their own backyard.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by Tyr Sog]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
I would like to see Michigan do this as well....but we have Granholm as governor.

Many people up here own guns...when she's out it would be a possibility...but it won't right now....not with the auto industry as it is especially.

Yep, Jenny is about as useless as they come. She's even more useless as late because she's all but slobbing Obamas knob for a federal job. I've got a feeling she's selling the State right out from under us to get one of those nice paying gigs.

Lets prey(and im not even religious) that the Ted Nuggent comes in and runs for governor.
We could really use a few years of someone who actually respects the state.

As far as gun owners in Micihigan. I believe it's 2 million registered gun owners in the State. So yes, as someone else said, even one State can be considered a standing army in it's own right.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Tyr Sog

I hope you're right, I hope that if they do call back our vets, that all of them reply by sending them a letter with the middle finger on it that says "Not on your life, we serve our country and our people, NOT you"

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I just hope that Montana doesn't see a "mysterious" rise in gun crimes. I wouldn't put it past our Federal Government, to create a crisis in Montana involving gun crimes - just so they could say "We told you so."

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
The international treaty circumvention of the Constitution is already in play; what this and other States right laws are useful for is in making all make a choice: stand for your Constitutional rights or kneel as slaves. For this reason I applaud Montana, Oklahoma, and Texas for leading the way.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I love that Montana has taken this step. I hope many states follow, by passing laws affirming their 10th Amendment rights, strengthening our Constitution against international rule.

I do, however need to remind you all of a dark spot in our nation's history that recently occurred.

Remember last week when our Federal Government, in the guise of the DHS, HHS, et al... Practically surrendered to the WHO... A UN entity?

Just want to put in to (obvious) perspective how easily our populace can be made to submit.

Hopefully through constituent action, We the People can enact laws that will prevent our federal government from bending to the edicts of the UN so easily.

For Montana, this is a great step in the right direction. The people are being heard up in our great north.

Great Thread!

EDIT: grammar

[edit on 6/5/09 by cbianchi513]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I live in Montana and I'm very proud of my state and Governor.

Brian Schweitzer also stood up to Michael Chertoff when he threatened to ban Montana citizens from flying on planes if he did not comply with Real ID.

For more info on that: www.shadowscope.com...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The Chief pudpuller is releasing interrogation data, is going after some of the legal advisors criminally, and in general, he is going to chase away all our intelligence service field agents.

The very idea of using a treaty to circumvent Constitutional law.

After all, if after years of doing something BY THE BOOK as an intelligence officer, and a new administration comes in and you discover that you are likely to face criminal charges, then you'll see our best agents retire or relocate where you don't actually have to do anything to earn your money.

Then again, maybe they'll go into firearm manufacturing. Or suppressor manufacturing. Or specialized ammo.

Isn't Barrett in Tennessee? I'll bet he's pushing Tennessee to adopt a similar measure.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Always nice to find some common ground with my right wing counter parts. Yes, a liberal who is ex military AND pro gun! Shocking, isn't it? There's a lot more of us than people realize.

So good on Montana, hope other states follow suit.

Although, I do not think the new administration has done anything other than mention the possibility of reinstating the assault weapons ban. I don't think there's any plan to do much on the table yet, but it's still early. Well, regardless...From my cold dead hand as they say.

And, the cat is kind of already out of the bag. Recent statistic show that Americans have bought enough guns and ammo in the first 3 months of 2009 to outfit the Chinese AND Indian armies combined. Local gun shops can't keep guns and ammo on the shelves. We bought a little 22 to plink around with last weekend..but we had to wait a couple of days because they were out of the background check forms! Ha!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Wow that is utterly amazing. And for those that don't know the exact card that Montana is actually using it is as follows:

The Constitution grants the Federal Government the right to regulate, restrict and oversee ALL interstate trade. The main reason the Federal Government can regulate guns is that it is quite often transported across state lines, making it an item Federal Agents can enforce. By stating that as long as the gun is made in Montana, Sold in Montana, Kept in Montana.. the Federal Government has absolutely NO legal grounds to regulate it.

It would appear someone in Montana's Congress is a constitutional Lawyer!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

I don't see how a treaty can usurp the constitution

Exactly. It can't, if we don't allow it. Have you taken a look at this SgtChas thread? www.abovetopsecret.com...

By the way. Welcome home!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Looks like people in the state of montana finnaly got there act together and did the right thing. I maintain that before I left montana or at least some parts of it were close to going to war over this very issue. Now all that needs to happen in the state of virginia needs to follow this example.

Falcon

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
OK, I'll go ahead & be the pariah of this thread... OK I'm a city kid who simply does not understand this cultural imperative & reverence of gun-ownership. Now, I'm not interested in taking away anyone's rights to own guns (AT ALL) but I just don't understand the fixation.. it seems like an adolescent hold-over that some people never grow out of. I guess most people (not all) who are REALLY INTO THEIR GUNS are living in a local culture that as a whole, never grows out of it either, so it's easier to maintain the collective fixation?

Personally I see guns as nothing more than a tool.. essentially a tool that makes killing things a lot easier.. or the threat of killing easier & so therefor a good defensive/intimidation tool (I'm discounting hunting weapons, as that seems to be a minority of the type of guns most people love to own).. but frankly those who need it to truly defend themselves tend to live in a city & most city dwellers don't really care about guns.

The whole idea that having guns is somehow going to scare the government from 'coming to get you' is a cultural vestige & frankly seems silly.. the days of David Koresch-style take downs is SO last century.. if they want to take you down (like seriously NWO style take-down) they will just point a red laser-dot on your roof & you go bye-bye.. people don't need to be involved anymore, other than the people who remotely control the unmanned drones..

I know this will seem elitist esp. to this crowd, but again, it just comes across to me that this is an adolescent fixation with things that go 'POP!' & gives the illusion of power to those who wield said 'power'.. & on a more archetypal, subconscious level, it seems like something that is meant to make other people think you have a bigger penis.. there, I said it. (I'm SORRY!) Same as the what makes the jerk on the road blow past another driver even though he is not in any real hurry, & innumerable other similar acts & 'trophies' of juiced-up manhood.

Basically, again, I just don't get it.

I should say, I live in St Louis, very high on the dangerous-crime list nationally.. & I love to party downtown until the late hours & luckily NEVER been mugged or even intimidated. But again, most city-dwellers (not all) aren't really 'into' guns. Seems like more a rural phenomenon, where hold-ups & muggings don't tend to be that common.

That being said, I have NO PROBLEM with you having your guns, & talking about your guns, & showing off your guns, & posing with your guns, et al.

To me it's just an alien culture that holds no appeal to me.. though I'm totally interested in hearing a real explanation as to why gun ownership is so important. Again, considering that your gun collection will most likely not even slightly intimidate a truly military force that may, for whatever reason, want to 'take you down'.

Frankly I just find it fascinating, similar to the fascination I feel for other cultures that baffle me. Except this one is in my own backyard!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety
Forgive my ignorance, but how is this possible?

1. Doesn't the US constitution override any law in a state?

2. What about the supposed North American Union? Aren't they supposed be creating a super-state, so the NWO can amalgamate all nations under a common umbrella of one currency, one governance.

Personally, this is absolutely fantastic news

Governments around the World should be broken apart into little pieces and each state/county should embellish their own laws and regulations, as deemed appropriate by LOCAL people.

Some fat f**k bureaucrat behind a desk thousands of miles in Washington, should never, ever tell a farmer how to milk his cows.

This idea was first proposed and and than people saw how when the Confederacy broke off from the Union. It turned out to be a bad idea because than you have people from different states breaking the rules of others states if they are in the neighboring states(countries0. Also if the countries are broken into little pieces than there would only be local militia and police forces to defend any oncoming threat. as well as relying on total import because places like alaska can only export oil and snow, and who buys snow?lol

[edit on 6-5-2009 by Iron-Ghost]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by KSPigpen

I suspect more will...although I wouldn't count on any dominant blue states doing it...or any other state for that matter who is in major trouble financially...such as California....but i could be wrong!

Edit to add:

And i was wrong...as the governor of Montana is a registered Democrat.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by David9176]

Your right and wrong, 20 states have made similar moves, all have failed in the house.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So Montanas passed huh? Good news to hear!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ou_sooners_19
Come on Arkansas!!! Please be next!!!

2 lines...

Already been to the house my friend. Failed miserably.

www.scribd.com...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CepheidVariable

Basically, again, I just don't get it.

I should say, I live in St Louis, very high on the dangerous-crime list nationally.. & I love to party downtown until the late hours & luckily NEVER been mugged or even intimidated. But again, most city-dwellers (not all) aren't really 'into' guns. Seems like more a rural phenomenon, where hold-ups & muggings don't tend to be that common.

That being said, I have NO PROBLEM with you having your guns, & talking about your guns, & showing off your guns, & posing with your guns, et al.

To me it's just an alien culture that holds no appeal to me.. though I'm totally interested in hearing a real explanation as to why gun ownership is so important. Again, considering that your gun collection will most likely not even slightly intimidate a truly military force that may, for whatever reason, want to 'take you down'.

Frankly I just find it fascinating, similar to the fascination I feel for other cultures that baffle me. Except this one is in my own backyard!

I don't even know what to say. Every person has a right to own a weapon and defend themselves. I've been to St. Louis many times because my mom is from there and hopefully in your life you will never have anything bad happen to you. If you can't understand why people want to own a weapon for any reason and historically its been the latest and greatest technology. If you can't understand why somebody wants to protect their family, even if they never ever use it or can't get to it in time to use it. The point is its there and ready(hopefully). I guess you never had anything or been with somebody worth fighting for. I personally like to defend my family, myself, my way of life (who are you to judge?) and my country. You can't do that without a gun and the ammo to go with it. People show off their cars all the time and I bet you have no problem with that. Cars kill more people than guns do. People like to show off their computers, their cell phones, mp3 players and even other people. I'm sure you like to show off something too. Who cares what it is?

If you don't get it, you just don't get it and most likely never will.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by 31337]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CepheidVariable
OK, I'll go ahead & be the pariah of this thread... OK I'm a city kid who 4

To sum up, protection from the government, the extreme right wing wackos, and home defense is why I have my guns. I'm not a huge gun nut, but I like having them, especially in this day and age. For a good idea of what can happen to a country with extreme gun control just look at the UK...becoming more and more like V for Vendetta every day. An armed populace gives the people the ability to overthrow and or protect themselves from a corrupt government.

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will end up plowing for those who did not." -Anonymous

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Come to Texas, PLEASE.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join