It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montana Governor Signs New Gun Law

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+58 more 
posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

The USA state of Montana has signed into power a revolutionary gun law. I mean REVOLUTIONARY. The State of Montana has defied the federal government and their gun laws. This will prompt a showdown between the federal government and the State of Montana . The federal government fears citizens owning guns. They try to curtail what types of guns they can own. The gun control laws all have one common goal - confiscation of privately owned firearms. Montana has gone beyond drawing a line in the sand. They have challenged the Federal Government. The fed now either takes them on and risks them saying the federal agents have no right to violate their state gun laws and arrest the federal agents that try to enforce the federal firearms acts. This will be a world-class event to watch. Montana could go to voting for secession from the union, which is really throwing the gauntlet in Obama's face. If the federal government does nothing they lose face. Gotta love it.

www.gather.com...
law.rightpundits.com...

And it's official. Signed today.

I don't know exactly what will come of it....but I think we'll see much more of this in the future from other states as well.

The government has really become far too large.....I think states are doing the right thing by challenging the federal government.

Without the threat of SECESSION.....what good is there to have State RIGHTS?

video here of Tennessee considering the same thing!:www.wztv.com...

[edit on 6-5-2009 by David9176]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
This just solidified my mind of moving to Montana...Beutiful state,with BALLSSSSS!!!!!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Utah legislators eye Montana gun law

SALT LAKE CITY -- Utah lawmakers are considering following Montana's lead and claiming state's rights in the war over gun control. The Montana Legislature passed and its governor signed into law a measure making guns that are made and kept within state boundaries exempt from federal regulations. That means they're exempt from things like background checks, licensing and registration.

www.ksl.com...

Utah is considering this as well. All it takes is one....and Montana just did it.

We'll see what happens!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Come on Arkansas!!! Please be next!!!

2 lines...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Awesome. I really like to see things like this happening. Force thier hand. Almost always a good move. I can't wait to see if this is the beginning of other states doing the same. For some reason I think I might have to move.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

I suspect more will...although I wouldn't count on any dominant blue states doing it...or any other state for that matter who is in major trouble financially...such as California....but i could be wrong!

Edit to add:

And i was wrong...as the governor of Montana is a registered Democrat.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by David9176]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I say this to any and all states willing to fight against moronic gun laws. "GO go go." One day maybe D.C. will learn they can't scare people into giving up their guns and all their freedoms. Obama is starting to look like Bush Jr. the Second and people are starting to wake up. I can proudly say I for one didn't vote for this scum bag and can't wait for him to leave.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I'm going to have to do some serious digging and reading and see if the bill grandfathers in guns already owned, or if i have to shell out cash to buy all new guns. (or a way to stamp the ones i already have).
I would hate to think i would have to buy all new guns, but it would be worth it in the long run.
At least i dont have to worry about hunting season any more and the fed's taking away our guns.
Although that may come under fire next, cant get the guns, pull the tags.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
This is good action by Montana. It would lead you to believe they feared eventual gun ban legislation out of DC. Should we all be taking the fear mongering of 2nd amendment abolishment more seriously? I guess the Montana Gov. did.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I would like to see Michigan do this as well....but we have Granholm as governor.

Many people up here own guns...when she's out it would be a possibility...but it won't right now....not with the auto industry as it is especially.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ou_sooners_19
[mor
My sentiments exactly. It's time this state stood up to the Feds. God knows our senators don't!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I just wrote to Dan Itse (the rep responsible for the failed NH states rights bill) about this. Hopefully it is taken into consideration. He isnt my rep but my reps are worthless tyrant sympathizers.

I also read that Utah and Tennessee are considering similar measures to ensure they do not succumb to any more and possibly retract some federal level insanity.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Excellent!!!

I hope to see Texas following up with its own version very soon. Time to start writing my reps again, lol...

This will be interesting and I look forward to seeing where it goes.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Forgive my ignorance, but how is this possible?

1. Doesn't the US constitution override any law in a state?

2. What about the supposed North American Union? Aren't they supposed be creating a super-state, so the NWO can amalgamate all nations under a common umbrella of one currency, one governance.

Personally, this is absolutely fantastic news

Governments around the World should be broken apart into little pieces and each state/county should embellish their own laws and regulations, as deemed appropriate by LOCAL people.

Some fat f**k bureaucrat behind a desk thousands of miles in Washington, should never, ever tell a farmer how to milk his cows.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I always enjor reading your posts David because I can turn my BS filter off and get to the nitty gritty! Anyways here are some additional links that might help.

This is the text of the bill
HOUSE BILL NO. 246

This is the vote count and other pertinant information
Laws detailed information page

-E-

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

To the best of my knowledge, which could be flawed, the constitution does not grant the Fed the right to institute gun control laws. Since the constitution does not give that right to the Fed then the right falls to the states.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I'm right

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Thanks for the info!

Most of the time i'm freaking angry with government..especially the federal government.

But this is something to be proud of.

I just want someone to stand up to the power of the federal government. States should have power over the federal government!!!!

The power the federal government now has is completely insane. Everything is forced down our throats.

As I stated before...for those who denounce secession....it's the only threat a state can impose to PROTECT THEIR RIGHTS!!!

I don't want secession.....but the very threat of it may get things under control!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I’m all for Montana holding it’s ground but worry about the consequences. The back door gun controllers just wont stop. I’m curious, as to what they will do about this, as well.

I understand there are several differences, however If we compare ourselves to the fall of the Soviet Union it may look like this. Many similar circumstances, besides losing the arms race.

Some even blame Reagan for bankrupting them. Here are a few comparisons. Does all this sound familiar?

No quality goods to export in order to balance imports, worsening market situation, economic indicators were routinely suppressed or falsified to the point that when the final economic collapse was imminent, they became more cynical about the propaganda of government controlled media, and the loss of the war in Afghanistan,

After coming in to power, Gorbachev implemented domestic economic reforms, nationalism spread throughout the entire Soviet Union, their nation was soon ripped apart by separatist movements.

Next I expect to see a new flag flying in our states and Countries.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Its about time a state actually stand on its own and not get suckered into letting the rights of their citizens get taken away by some loophole.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This is an awesome point in history where the states are taking their power back as dictated by the constitution.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join