It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fast food chain KFC converts eight London restaurants to halal-only menu

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Its actually been there for a long time

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Look for the capital letter "K" which designated something is Kosher. Snapple is as are many products. There are also many others

www.hanefesh.com...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by matsplat
How can you eat from a bucket with your Hijab on?

Seriously though.
I am sure I read an article years ago about why KFC are not called 'Kentucky fried Chicken' anymore. They had to remove the word 'chicken' from their brand name as they don't use chicken.

It sickened me to read that they adopted a method of growing an 'organism' that's origins came from the humble chicken. Without a head and other useful body parts, multiple rows and levels of these would grow on a production line all feb specific growth ingredients via tubes.

This being the case, how would these be "sacrificed" I wonder. It really would be farcical - ah well, as long as the kids are happy!
Actually, I don't like to think about it - I was put off eating meat years ago by someone who worked in abbotoirs.

I heard the same thing a while back! Not sure if its true. I heard the reason they switched to "KFC" is they didn't want to use the word "fried" anymore. Maybe they could call it "KEM": Kentucky Engineered Mutants

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Rabbis do the same thing, they slit a cow's throat so the food is kosher, and other cultures do the same thing to be closer to the food they eat, to give it respect.

Not everybody has a state-of-the-art slaughterhouse facility.

Kind of like Kosher hot dogs.

Only the best cuts are set aside for kosher hot dogs and the nib bits go in the regular hot dogs you find in non kosher supermarkets.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Thanks for bringing a shot of sanity to the thread FredT.

OP, why don't you spend your indigance on something worthwhile, like the actual conditions these chickens are kept in, rather than some airy-fairy ultimately unimportant issue?

If Halal meat is any better than what I see in the following video then it's
a step forward.

PROTIP: Why don't you use the fact that Pamela Anderson narrates this video as an excuse to ignore the uncomfortable facts it presents!

[edit on 15f20093pmWed, 06 May 2009 14:55:15 -050015 by HiAliens]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the level

Fast food chain KFC converts eight London restaurants to halal-only menu

www.dailymail.co.uk

Fast food giant Kentucky Fried Chicken is to launch a halal-only menu in eight of its London stores in a move which could be extended to other areas of the UK.
The menu, which will form part of a trial, will see the stores selling chicken products which have been fully approved by the Halal Food Authority for the first time.
KFC has 720 stores across the UK, and bosses said the move was designed to ensure the company was catering to a broader range of customers, following a growing demand for halal products.
It is the latest fast food chain to introduce a halal-only menu after Domino's lau
(visit the link for the full news article)

What do the chickens pray to mecca before they are slaughtered or something?

A chicken is a chicken is a chicken. Nothin more nothing less. Tastes the same either way.

The chemical compound does not change simple by " blessing it " or whatever is happening.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Anyone lazy enough to eat fast food and disrespectful enough to their body to eat mass produced deep fried production reared meatbags surely has little true interest in it's killing.

And why shouldn't the muslims suffer dietry problems too? It's called equality.

"Buckit", that's what I think!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Surely it's one thing to accept and accommodate other cultures but to change the way the majority has known things to make the minority happy is wrong, right? I wouldn't mind but has anyone addressed the fact that Britain is becoming more and more a Muslim country? Especially with the decline in Christianity, the majority are losing control! Britain is in danger of becoming an extension of the Middle East and losing any identity it once had.

!Someoneyoumightknow!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Someoneyoumightknow

First...welcome to ATS

I think Christianity began fading in the UK long before muslims began arriving en masse and to be honest, I recon 99% of british nationals don't care how their fast food fix is killed, it doesn't enter into the "feeed meee nowww" scenario.

This is more of an advertising ploy to broaden the customer base and to project the "PC" image.

I truly believe anyone who eats that garb just doesn't give a damn. They are victims of a non existant figurehead (The Colonel) and a magic recipe that contains who knows what.

cheers...nerb

[edit on 6/5/2009 by nerbot]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Lets face it 90% of the chickens we eat, Kosher, Halal, KFC in the supermarket etc., come from the same intensive farming. No blessing or prayer will have made the animals life better.
We in the UK applaud ourselves because our farming methods are, so they tell us one of the best in the world.
All the blessings and prayers, or the person with a pet who says 'look at me. I am an animal lover' reek of hypocracy because they do not care how the animal got onto the slaughter house or onto their plate,
Farming of animals has joined the ranks of the car or furniture factory.

Factory farming www.youtube.com...

[edit on 6-5-2009 by dizzylizzy]

[edit on 6-5-2009 by dizzylizzy]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I do not have a problem with embracing other cultures to an extent however I have been very concerned about the Islamic influence on the UK as a whole. It make me really mad when you consider the way the irish where treated during the troubles and their campaign of bombing on the UK Mainland yet we get suicide bombers and day to day hatred from them and all we are told is that to speak out would be racist. Please do not take me to be a right wing BNP fanatic as I am catholic raised, from a mixed religious family. I have multi cultural friends and have a very open mind however the attitudes of this particular religion really grinds my gears. And I am not tarring the whole muslim population with the same brush however having visited places like Bradford and Birmingham and seen what concerntrated muslim culture brings really worries me for the future. To get to my point I feel we have become used to bending over backwards in the UK to the point we are now on our backs and being walked all over. No wonder the likes of the BNP are getting votes from the layman with the way this country is been run, we are headed right down the #ter, bring on Nibiru

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

The moment the BNP gain any kind of power in this country is the day I leave for a more intelligent nation.

By those criteria you should be able to choose any nation then.

What does PETA make of Halal style killing? So all the chickens have to have their throats slit while still alive, how civilized.

The very best kind of conflict is generated when 2 forms of political correctness come into opposition, namely, the love of animals versus the love of Muslims.

The British howver are the very best at complaining, but the very worst at actually doing anything about it.

Your fears of a BNP resurgence are now calibrated using a British scale. The worst you can expect if they gain power are re-runs of Alf Garnett and Love Thy Neighbour.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I do not understand this thread. Who cares what KFC does, or any other major food chain for that matter. If your eating that stuff you already know that its a mixture of genetically modified garbage combined with who knows what.

So saying its blessed makes some people who care about their religion happy. So what?

If your really offended that it is halal, let me go out on a limb and guess that chances are good that it is not halal anyways. I wouldn't be surprised that they would just say that to expand their profit.

KFC says they practice humane practices, as do most other food places, it does not mean they do.

Cheers.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I really don't have an opinion one way or the other about what KFC sells or does not sell.

I do question why people move to a place that they know is different from where they came from and then try to force the new place to be exactly like the place they left.

If they like the way things are then stay.

If you choose to go to another place then you have to respect their customs and either accept them or find another place like the place you left.

If you want to hold on to your customs; fine. But it is not fine to force others to convert to your ways.

It is just as bad when people move to a place like Arizona knowing that it is a desert like environment and then lay down grass all over the place.

If you want grass go to a place that has grass.

I don't get it. It just does not make sense to me.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4Dawn

I don't get it. It just does not make sense to me.

I imagine most of the staff in the mentioned KFC branches aren't english.

I'm sure they have influence and have helped bring this about.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
Hmmmmm.

What percent of England is Muslim now?

But yeah. Having a multicultural policy can cause that country's own culture to be swallowed up.

About 3%, roughly the same as the USA.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Kernal Sanders was a Christian, who also fed the homeless. Did you know that you use to be able to go into KFC if you had no money and ask for chicken they had to give it to you?

It is true, and have had known people that have done it.

He would be enraged were he still here.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I demand to have Kosher food on the menu as well then.

This is so ass backwards in a lot of ways.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by On the level

If your not Muslim, what does it matter to you if the meat is halal/kosher, whatever? It makes no difference at all, apart from letting you have a gripe at Muslims.

How can a chicken be killed humanley if it is done by a muslim cutting its throat and draining all of the blood

Nah, i guess some non-muslim guy cutting it's head off while it's still alive is better to you in some way? I'd be interested in what you feel the difference really is? The only difference I can see is:

- one's a Muslim guy and one isn't

- in halal slaughters, a prayer thanking God is receited

- in halal the animal must be alive and fit when slaughtered

So do you have a problem with the Muslim guy, prayer, or just how the animal's killed?

Cause they all suffer the same way in the end.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by Nammu]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
Knee-jerk tabloid BS, designed to rile up the BNP fanatics of England.

Quite right my good man... After all this is from the Daily Mail.

Who really cares if the chucks were slaughtered while a looped recording of a prayer was being played? So long as the chicken in my salsa twister is dead and not crawling with bacteria and germs then I really don't give a hoot.

And those who say there should be a choice... Get real, it's a shop that sells chicken products, how do you rework one shop to sell 2 types of the same thing and still make money?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
But yeah. Having a multicultural policy can cause that country's own culture to be swallowed up.

sorry, just had to.

KFC is who's culture now?

KFC are only doing this because the halal chicken shops are taking all their business in muslim areas, ffs, who cares. mcdonalds has halal only branches aswell.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join