It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fast food chain KFC converts eight London restaurants to halal-only menu

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1

Originally posted by FredT
I have more faith in food prepared to centuries old religious guidelines than I do food inspected by the USDA

You really think that's the case, it's not. All that crap is produced in tehe same type factories like all foods.

I bet you are right.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith

Mind you I went into the Lavs at a MaccyD's lately and there was a member of staff cleaning up Puke from the floor, He had on the back of his t'shirt " I'm loving it" but his face told me a different story.

PMSL!

That's sheer poetry! Oh the cruel irony!

Thanks for brightening my day DataWraith! Kudos my friend!

IRM

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1
You really think that's the case, it's not. All that crap is produced in tehe same type factories like all foods.

True enough but with halal and Kosher at least one aspect of the processing is alot more stringent than it would be otherwise.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Mmmm yes, you must really enjoy your food knowing it's been executed with as much distress and pain as possible, Bravo Super Mod

You people make me sick

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
But yeah. Having a multicultural policy can cause that country's own culture to be swallowed up.

sorry, just had to.

KFC is who's culture now?

KFC are only doing this because the halal chicken shops are taking all their business in muslim areas, ffs, who cares. mcdonalds has halal only branches aswell.

Ironic no? A HAMburger made from halal meat.

Do macdonalds still offer the bacon double cheeseburger in these places I wonder.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

Yum?

Yeah, I agree Kosher beef is so much better than regularly slaughtered cattle.

At least under the more humane way they are usually either shot in the brain or hit with an air hammer so as to render them completely unconscious or brain dead prior to the knives and cutting. Sounds bad enough but it is far better than the kosher methods.

What is it with Kosher anyway?

Do they need to know that their meat came from such unnecessary pain and suffering?

very graphic

This IS kosher:

Google Video Link

Better than USDA controlled slaughter?

If you could ask the cattle and they had to choose which do you think they would go for?

Please give me the quick painless death please.

Moo!

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by matsplat
How can you eat from a bucket with your Hijab on?

Seriously though.
I am sure I read an article years ago about why KFC are not called 'Kentucky fried Chicken' anymore. They had to remove the word 'chicken' from their brand name as they don't use chicken.

It sickened me to read that they adopted a method of growing an 'organism' that's origins came from the humble chicken. Without a head and other useful body parts, multiple rows and levels of these would grow on a production line all feb specific growth ingredients via tubes.

This being the case, how would these be "sacrificed" I wonder. It really would be farcical - ah well, as long as the kids are happy!
Actually, I don't like to think about it - I was put off eating meat years ago by someone who worked in abbotoirs.

LOL I can't believe you actually believed that... its not true at all. I didn't think there were people who actually do believe that silly rumour... it has been debunked many times over. The Snopes article in particular is an excellent one that shows how ridiculously silly this rumour is:

www.snopes.com...

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
Some of the comments of like minded people from the same site:
Halal slaughter houses make a mockery of the practice of ritual slaughter, the only prayers said are a on a looped recording played through loudspeakers.
- Steve, Bedford, 06/5/2009 15:53

This has got to be the funniest thing I have seen in a long time. Like preachers pushing "Holy" tap water from Jerusalem. Very funny. Like the out of control use of the term "hand made".

Anyway wow. A long way from Kentucky for sure.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by Logarock]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
reply to post by Donnie Darko

How the hell is a privately run business providing alternatives to another customer base our country "bending over backwards"?

It's no different to a restaurant providing a vegetarian option.

This is all about xenophobia and racism, and nothing more.

Well then why isn't it xenophobia for the muslims that didn't like it the other way? Its a wonder that they even eat at an american based eatery to begin with. Catering to this hockus pockus does have ramification on both sides.

Soon all traffic in London will have to stop during prayer time and muslims will refuse to even speak to a western women without her face being covered.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by On the level

I agree with you totally - and I have seen the same happening to many areas.

In a way I can understand both sides:

If I were muslim in many areas, I would probably stick with my own to some extent-possibly because the small few of us white brits can be very caustic. And yet in many ways the majority of brits are very open to, well generally other people.
Many Brits don't complain about much, it's a british tradition I guess.
Sarcasm is often the release for most of us!

It gets to a point though, where as a brit it gets annoying when people just won't integrate, speak english or stop trying to bring in islamic culture and law !

What also seems to happen, well it does in Birminham anyway, is that more and more muslims get into positions of influence, so much so that things may change from the top down.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Man, where to start on this one, the xenophobes or the PETA crowd?

As was pointed out earlier, you have probably been eating Halal for years. The birds are hung on a line. The first thing that happens is that they are stunned using electricity. Then they are bled a certain way. Muslims are often used and they pray for the food. It doesn't have to be a Muslim though to still be considered Halal. It just has to be prepared in the same manner. As humane a way of killing the chickens as possible.

Secondly, as Fred stated, Halal products ARE superior, even moreso than Kosher. Kosher food is good, especially compared to ours but Halal is even better. So if you think that a way of killing chickens will in some way be the downfall of western civilization, please, go out there and do a little research and you will find that YES, this does impact your life, in a positive way.

Edit: To add link to the place I used to work for. They place "Halal" prominently on the page. Why? Because it's a good thing:

www.sargentfarms.ca...

[edit on 7-5-2009 by intrepid]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Gee, hate to get all cynical on y'all at the Daily Mail but...

Maybe this was a financially-motivated move by KFC??? Their stores in Muslim 'ghetto' areas might have been losing business to local chicken houses and kebab shops that do halal, so they're moving in on that territory... I don't like Halal practice (or Islam for that matter), but this isn't a 'moral' issue.

This is typical Mail reporting - I can see the sad country-bumpkin farts writing in with their quills and parchment now "political correctness gone mad? what's this government up to now?"

Not the government, old sort. A private enterprise catering to their demographic. The only thing worse than the Mail is the Guardian... and the BBC. I hate the insidious BBC...

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
People should see all this 'Kosher' or 'standard' murdering.
Then let it wrestle with their consciences.
I expect most people wouldn't give a cr.p about animals or other humans anyway!

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, everyone would be a vegetarian" (said by a Beetle!)

I could go on, but this is the wrong thread for that, right?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I think the OP is worried about more important implications than where his/her fried chicken was killed.

April 27, 2009

An EU plan calls for family courts across Europe to hear cases using the laws of whichever country the couple involved have close links to.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

That is a lot of information to digest. Reminds me that the USA is still a good place to live, we may get some screwy laws handed to us but at least they are OUR laws.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FMLuder

Maybe this was a financially-motivated move by KFC??? Their stores in Muslim 'ghetto' areas might have been losing business to local chicken houses and kebab shops that do halal, so they're moving in on that territory... I don't like Halal practice (or Islam for that matter), but this isn't a 'moral' issue.

Perhaps your right. Maybe we should see KFC as a good will extension of a western private enterprise willing to adapt thus adding to the general feeling of well being and acceptance toward all people and their ways. Just as long as its good old KFC coming out of the steamer in the end.

Americans are good to talk but there are Chines restaurants in this country in the most far out places and all points in between and we eat the heck out of that food. Some day the White House will be a Chines restaurant.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by FMLuder

Perhaps your right. Maybe we should see KFC as a good will extension of a western private enterprise willing to adapt thus adding to the general feeling of well being and acceptance toward all people and their ways. Just as long as its good old KFC coming out of the steamer in the end.

Americans are good to talk but there are Chines restaurants in this country in the most far out places and all points in between and we eat the heck out of that food. Some day the White House will be a Chines restaurant.

I don't understand.

Are you saying that KFC should start selling Chinese food because there are Chinese people in far out places selling Chinese food?

Or are you saying that the Chinese restaurants should start selling KFC?

[edit on 8-5-2009 by NightSkyeB4Dawn]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

If i were to own a chain of restaurants, i would certainly review the demographics of my customer base and try to make product offerings that would gain more of their business. For example, i live here in West Texas. In my town, there are only three types of places that survive: hamburger joints, chicken places, and Mexican food. And just about every place in town offers some sort of Mexican fare (even if it is only some salsa and chips). Our Schlotsky's sells hamburgers for crying out loud.

To further this, i would likely also look at what types of people were NOT frequenting my establishment, and figure out how i could gain their business. If it means offering Halal or Kosher, so be it. Being a businessman, my primary interest is in improving profit margins and growing my business. I could care less if someone feels that I am overly catering to a group that they don't like. Their bigotry and racism should not have a place in forming my business decisions.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I would also do the same to gain more business
After all, when it comes to businesses
Business is business right?

[edit on 7-5-2009 by sybiss0705]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sybiss0705
I would also do the same to gain more business
After all, when it comes to businesses
Business is business right?

[edit on 7-5-2009 by sybiss0705]

Well, you shouldn't sell your soul to make a buck. But improving product offerings to include the cultural preferences of a particular demographic is not only harmless, but could possibly be a good thing (if one dismisses feelings of xenophobia).

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I agree!
(I didnt mean that I would do ANYTHING/sell my soul to make a buck)

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join