It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fast food chain KFC converts eight London restaurants to halal-only menu

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Quite frankly, I don't like the idea of someone praying over my food.
If I want that, I will say Grace at the table with my family over the food after I've prepared it in accordance with my OWN BELIEFS.

This is what happens in countries where we are easy going about peoples religious beliefs and practices.

We end up getting THEIR BELIEFS shoved down OUR throats en masse.
Religion is supposed to be a private thing not something you force onto others.

If I agree and relate to Islam, I'll become a Muslim, otherwise please bugger off and leave our food alone.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Well, once again I see that the Mail sinks to new depths in its "reporting".

Chicken is chicken. Last time I checked saying a prayer/incantation/performing a ritual for a particular religion didn't change it in any way, or poison it at all.

The world is going mad. People die from starvation and malnurishment every single second, and yet the Mail and people in general want to bicker about how a chicken is killed.

Halal suits the beliefs of muslims, and allows the chain to retain its existing customer base and expand it at the same time - and that apparently is a problem for some people?

Seriously - think about it - how pathetic is that?

Is peoples abject hatred so blind that an issue has to made about a company making a simple business decision?

Why is the mail not running a campaign against Chinese restaraunts? Or Indian ones, or god knows what other traditional food outlets are out there?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
i have a question :

do the halal branches still serve the ` Original BBQ Bacon & Cheese Combo ` source ?

if they do - no moslem i know will eat there - for the simple reason - that they will not trust the staff to adhere to segregation of utensils / surfaces and hands that they require to avoid " contamination " by bacon

if not

it does seem to be pandering - as it removes the coice to have a burger ` with bacon ` - yes i KNOW i can go to another KFC franchise - but thats likley to be > 1mile walk or 10 mile drive

there are already countless moslem run fast food outlets with a variety of chicken dishes - none of them use any bacon EVER - and TBH i have eaten at several - and the quality from a family run independant shop be it halal / koscher / english is far higher than a franchiesd chain 99% of the time

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Actually thats a good point.
There are heaps of Muslim kebab and fast food shops around already.
It's obvious this is just a ploy to get us used to Muslims having their own way.
Especially considering KFC is as Western an eating establishment as you're going to get.
If anyone thinks this is benign, then I don't think they can see the bigger agenda.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
i have worked in the kill department of a chicken abatiour (slaughterhouse, i know i spelt the A word wrong)

it doesnt matter how its killed, its all brutal whatever way .. most of us in uk have been eating halal chicken without knowing for ages as most of your little kebab shops, curry houses and fast food use halal meat ... i even know people who are starting to buy halal meat as its cheaper for some reason.

if for some reason your a person that refuses to eat halal (or kosher ) foods, then you really need to give yourself a shake!

i hate it when uk news papers pout out these storys which are subversive towards the muslim population, but without directly insulting them.

and no, im not muslim, im a scottish dude which no intrest in religion whatsoever .. their all the same thing to me, i just dont like uk papers trying to slyly make people hate each other, wether its the classic scotland vs england battles (just read the sun in england and scotland on the same day and you will know what i mean) or uk vs muslims ....

its stuff like this that stopped me reading newspapers ... these days the only bit of teh sun i ever read is their wrestling section on their website! (its really good and doesnt try to encite some sort of hatred every day)

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

Hey Boaby,

A couple of well good points there. Majority of all uk meat is halal anyway. I used to live in Pollockshields in Glasgow, which is about 80% muslim. One of the best places i've ever lived. It's a really safe area, good takeaways, cheap shops.

I think it's only Christian religious nuts and those that are racist against muslims that refuse to eat halal foods. Majority of Christians and normal folk know that it doesn't matter. Maybe they think the Muslim prayer will cancel out their grace or something? I wonder if Christians that are against eating halal are ok with kosher?

At the end of the day it's the same thing with a different prayer.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Its called MARKETING in a free economy!!! Give me a break. I'm not sure where these 8 restaurants are located nor do I care but, I would be willing to bet that the stores are located in predominantly Muslim neighborhoods. So, why wouldn't KFC go through the extra step to cater to a market.

The stores have probably been in these neighborhoods long before the neighborhoods became Muslim enclaves. If I owned one of these particular restaurants I would do the same thing in order to stay in business.

Protect your investment.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
reply to post by On the level

How is it any different to them going Kosher? TO be frank, i will always buy Kosher or Halal products if avalible. They undergo a whole lot more scrutiny than the regular food chain. From sanitary conditions to packaging etc. Its simply a better product and safer.

I eat kosher dill pickles.
What makes a dill pickle kosher?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Why is the mail not running a campaign against Chinese restaraunts? Or Indian ones, or god knows what other traditional food outlets are out there?

Well that's a little different, Chinese is not not food cooked in order to maintain certain religious standards.

Although I don't care, I do care that we cater to one faith while we run Christians down every chance we get.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I eat kosher dill pickles.
What makes a dill pickle kosher?

That is an excellent question. Also what makes a hot dog a kosher hot dog? No foreskin?

EW
one
word,

Is ew a word?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Ahh..KFC - yummy.

Mechanicaly Separated Chicken:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/00ae51be7a7f.jpg[/atsimg]

Looks a bit like strawberry ice-cream:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5ab7da7b7d8e.jpg[/atsimg]

The only way I can see this becoming a problem is if 'popular' restaurants like KFC went exclusively halal.

This would then bring up the broader issue of organised religious cults/sects imposing their superstitious opinions on secular society.

If theres always a choice, then I can't see the problem...other than the inhumane 'cruelty to animals' aspect that is.

Fast food chicken is toxic sludge anyway.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I don't get this story , or any other stroy like this sometimes, ALL the 'chicken huts' ( fast food joints like KFC) round my area all serve Halal anyway , and there hasn't been any 'problems' or complaints about them.
So what makes KFC any different?

The problems with KentuckyBurgerMacHut and all other fast food places that serve processed food , HELLO its ALL bad for you anyway, so why the hell are you complaining if the chicken or beef or whatever dogmeat / roadkill goes into your Donar kebab has had its throat slit?
You'll still eat it won't you? and you know why? Because your told it's good for you and "I'm loving it" and all that bollocks.

Mind you I went into the Lavs at a MaccyD's lately and there was a member of staff cleaning up Puke from the floor, He had on the back of his t'shirt " I'm loving it" but his face told me a different story.

[edit on 7/5/09 by DataWraith]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

Well it is obvious it is all about marketing.

I can't stand fast food,

and after watching Gordon Ramsey clean filthy restaurants, no thanks.

At least I know what filth is in my kitchen.

I am obsessive compulsive anyway, I have to wash already washed dishes before I will eat off them.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nammu
reply to post by On the level

If your not Muslim, what does it matter to you if the meat is halal/kosher, whatever? It makes no difference at all, apart from letting you have a gripe at Muslims.

Exactly Im an athiest and yet I look for Halal and Kosher foods. I could care less about either religion, but I do care about the conditions in which my food is porcessed. You almost never hear about contamination issues with Kosher or Halal foods. I agree people are making this into a Muslim issue when as noted almost nobdy cares about how the chicken got to thier plate anyway.

Harris ranch is a huge producer of Beef on the west coast and they have an extensive Halal line

harrisranchbeef.com...

Is it a Muslim conspiracy here in California????

Now if they could just produce Kosher or Halal bacon

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
Quite frankly, I don't like the idea of someone praying over my food.
If I want that, I will say Grace at the table with my family over the food after I've prepared it in accordance with my OWN BELIEFS.

This is what happens in countries where we are easy going about peoples religious beliefs and practices.

We end up getting THEIR BELIEFS shoved down OUR throats en masse.
Religion is supposed to be a private thing not something you force onto others.

If I agree and relate to Islam, I'll become a Muslim, otherwise please bugger off and leave our food alone.

No offence, but this post is quite silly, it only becomes YOUR food, if you buy it and eat it!

The solution is quite simple, go eat at the hundred other kfc's in london and don't buy halal meat.

This has nothing to do with forcing religion. In fact I've seen plenty of crappy news reports like this about muslims, there's a lot more forcing propaganda views about muslims to the population. Than any muslims even complaining or forcing their views on you in the UK. Fact.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Actually thats a good point.
There are heaps of Muslim kebab and fast food shops around already.
It's obvious this is just a ploy to get us used to Muslims having their own way.
Especially considering KFC is as Western an eating establishment as you're going to get.
If anyone thinks this is benign, then I don't think they can see the bigger agenda.

Oh come on, another post....

I know MANY muslims, and they sure don't have a ultimate plan, or ploy LMAO

They are all normal family guys, who do normal things, watch football, have hobbies, meet up and have coffee.

I have never had a conversation about any forcing views on people, or any of these silly opinions people have about muslims, I have also never heard anything of the complaining all the time in this country like people claim.

What I DO see is a LOT of propaganda and people who like to judge muslims without getting to know them.

Do you guys remember the whole archbishop thing about sharia law, plenty of people expressed their hatred for muslims because of this, but the funny thing was, it was the archbishop who mentioned sharia law, NOT muslims haha.

Do you guys remember that whole deal about muslims not liking nude beach and it should be closed to please them. That was also a non muslim making that statement!

There are countless propaganda news reports making people feel fear and hatred towards muslism, but most of them are created from an opinion of a non muslim, and no sign of actual muslims opinions!

Real muslim opinions barley ever make it into media!

It's no wonder people are confused about muslims views. When the media is full of non muslim opinions.

One thing I have heard a LOT of muslims complain about is the rising culture of people who harrass them, who say nasty things to them, who give them dirty looks, these are people who do not know them, judging them based on their over active imagination and ignorance.

Back to the topic. This is NOT an obvious ploy to get people used to muslims having their way. This is simply GOOD BUSINESS.

If people love chinese food, they sell chinese food. If people Love Italian food they sell Italian food. If people want halal food, they sell halal food.

Nothing more to it.

A more likely bigger agenda we should all be more worried about is the rising hatred of peaceful good muslims in this country.

Hatred NEVER leads to good things, history has shown this time and time again.

Love thy neighbour...

[edit on 7-5-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
I have more faith in food prepared to centuries old religious guidelines than I do food inspected by the USDA

You really think that's the case, it's not. All that crap is produced in tehe same type factories like all foods.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
To those poo pooing this. I guess, but your logic, every chinese restaurant in every Chinatown in every city in the world is bending over backwards and catering to a people and it's somehow infringing on your rights?

Get a life.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by rogue1

I couldn't agree more, it is similar to buying bottled water for premium prices with the illusion it is better water, when in fact it is simply filtered tap water and in some cases has been found to be nothing more than just tap water.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join