It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do they ever call you crazy?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

you will be fine

and im very happy for you. its the right choice to escape this madness we find our entire race in.

to find peace sometimes it means ignoring all the "GUFF" we entertain our self with..

i dunno why but i feel a bit like spok from star trek..

its logical! : ) and it will make you and your hubby happy so keep going

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Your husband probably reacted in such a way because he doesn't want to face the possibility himself, and seeing what you've done, he has to put up extra effort not to think about it and so reacts negatively. It reminds me of the "shadow self" Jung talked about, our almost conscious repression of thoughts that are consciously presented to us, that we have to shove back down into our subconscious.

Do they call me crazy? I call myself crazy, then they usually don't know how to respond.

I guess no one knows how to talk to a crazy person.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

That's probably true. He doesn't want to talk about it, I'm not sure what goes on in his mind about it. I can do what I want as long as I don't tell him everything I do
I'm about to leave it to that....

as for the new house, no luck...
We went to the townhouse and where told that we can't go live there, the house wasn't build as it was on the approved plans and not meant for permanent living. If we do move in there then the town will sue us, if they sue, a new investigation to the house will be started with the chance that the court rules that we have to tear it down..... on the other hand, nothing may happen at all. It all depends on the person that is in charge of our case.
Either way, not a risk we are willing to take.

so back to where we started.... he still wants to sell the caravan :/

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Oh man ive delt with the same thing. I was filling our empty milk jugs with water one day just in case, and my boyfriend pretty much said to me it "was stupid."

I also feel much safer knowing in case anything happens that I could at LEAST be a little prepared.

He's one of those people who lives in his own world where he thinks nothing will ever go wrong.

I try to explain alot of the stuff on ATS to him but he really doesnt ever wanna hear about it.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

Last week my husband wanted to take a bath and nothing but brown water came out, LOL! Turned out there was a broken water pipe further down the street and they where working on it.
I asked him how I was supposed to cook with brown water and he said, use bottled water. I replied "what if I wouldn't have any in the house, he suggested to go buy some then... so I asked him 'what if all the stores are out of water? what if?"
hehe made him nuts....
You know what he did to avoid discussion? He took a bath in the dirty brown water! AS IF that proves his point....

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
LOL DID HE?! Alot of men just hate not being to prove theyre point and they will do the craziest things to win it.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK
reply to post by bsbray11

That's probably true. He doesn't want to talk about it, I'm not sure what goes on in his mind about it. I can do what I want as long as I don't tell him everything I do
I'm about to leave it to that....

as for the new house, no luck...
We went to the townhouse and where told that we can't go live there, the house wasn't build as it was on the approved plans and not meant for permanent living. If we do move in there then the town will sue us, if they sue, a new investigation to the house will be started with the chance that the court rules that we have to tear it down..... on the other hand, nothing may happen at all. It all depends on the person that is in charge of our case.
Either way, not a risk we are willing to take.

so back to where we started.... he still wants to sell the caravan :/

Madness. It sounds like you're from the UK, they don't want people building stuff on forested land and the like.
Tell him that he's being narrow-minded and needs to see the big picture.
Cities don't work as well as they did back in the day. Towns and villages are where it's at.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jess_Undefined
Oh man ive delt with the same thing. I was filling our empty milk jugs with water one day just in case, and my boyfriend pretty much said to me it "was stupid."

I also feel much safer knowing in case anything happens that I could at LEAST be a little prepared.

He's one of those people who lives in his own world where he thinks nothing will ever go wrong.

I try to explain alot of the stuff on ATS to him but he really doesnt ever wanna hear about it.

Sounds just like my wife. Her perception of our perfect little world is so blind. I had her seeing the reality of things for a while, but she just went back to her old attitude of thinking i'm a nut-case and nothing will ever happen.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Blame it on the economy if you can. Just tell him that food prices are skyrocketing and you felt it be better to be prepared if the banks start to crumble than to be thrown out on the street with nothing.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darthorious
Blame it on the economy if you can. Just tell him that food prices are skyrocketing and you felt it be better to be prepared if the banks start to crumble than to be thrown out on the street with nothing.

If the banks start to crumble? Man they started to crumble months ago. Our economy hasn't picked up, companies are still folding or filing bankruptcy, jobs are still being lost! If people can't see sitX in sight by now then they never will be and others have to prepare and be ready without them. The sheeple will die off and no one will be able to do anything for them. The last year has been a slow slide into sitX, and it might accelerate it's slide, or continue it's slow decline. Either way it's happening now. Be prepared to lose sheeple you care for.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Alot of men just hate not being to prove theyre point and they will do the craziest things to win it.

Pfft, I take offense to that.

But anyways to chime in, yeah people call me crazy for having a bit of insurance. I get the extra crazy points because I also moderate a survival board seperate from ATS. But I've been slowly talking to other people and they are starting to see my reasoning behind prepping, and are coming to see the light. Now I get at least one question a day about something that someone wants to pick up for thier bug out bag, or what we should do should an earthquake/other natural disaster happen.

My roomate gave me grief for quite some time but even the other day after watching the news for a while, he said that he is glad that I'm preparing.

A good thing to get people thinking is talk about a local natural disaster threat, I'm not far from a major fault line, so I use earthquakes. If you can prepare for a natural disaster, you're just a hop skip and a jump away from prepping for the system collapsing.

Jess, I hope it is not just water you have stocked, make sure to get some canned goods with high caloric and/or protien content, and some form of home defense.

Good job everyone, keep it up, and stay salty. You can never be too prepared.

*edit because I type too fast, I skip whole words

[edit on 4-6-2009 by DropInABucket]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I have thought i was crazy. like everyone els who feel s the way i do and you do. but do your research on what your stocking up on...and what's healthy anyways.? i'm on the verg of being locked up i think. it' just depends on how you play the game....and this game is real. but , you can still play, but it's not XBOX360... ReHaB

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Thanks again for the new replies

To Watchrider: No I'm not from the UK but from Belgium

update: so my husband pretty much stated that I must do what I think I have to do, it doesn't bother him IF I don't "bother" him with it, so far so good

The caravan issue: he knows I'd like to move out of our appartement and into a low populated area and he thinks that is actually a good idea, so the caravan won't be sold untill we find a house (one that I feel good about).

And while I am searching for this house I get one disapointment after the other. There aren't much low populated areas here in Belgium and the ones I did find are in the middle of reforming. At this time no one is allowed to live there permanently, if you do then you get sued.....

It bugs me that you can't just live whereever you want to live, it's not like I'm going to cut down a whole forrest, no I just like to buy an existing house and live there. One person at the cityhall actually told me to go find myself a nice house-in-a-row and live there like all normal persons do! heh!

A new set of laws are implemented starting september 1st making things even harder...
One option is to move across the border to the Netherlands but then I would really be making things difficult.

So for now I'm on a house hunt, wish me luck

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Jess_Undefined,

It is good that you are thinking along these lines. Dont let anyone dissuade you from your preparations. If nothing happens you are fortunate and blessed. Count your blessings. If something happens and you are not in any way prepared...you are in dire straights. One needs to learn to think outside the box of what we so take for granted.

The people down in New Orleans found themselves in dire straights ..so have many others caught in the aftermath of a hurricane. Hurricanes are common here on the Seaboard of Virginia so preparations are just common sense. However ..it is very interesting how many people here in this country can prepare for tonights game on the television but not hard times. I dont want any of these people around me when and if hard times arrive.

I dont worry or care what others think of me. I ride a scooter to and fro work and have been doing so even back when gasoline was inexpensive. Rode mopeds back then. Taught myself how to make them go faster if needed as well. You do things to expand your knowledge and capabilities. You teach yourself. Dont let the bobbleheads discourage you.

It was very interesting the number of people coming up to me when gasoline rose over 4 dollars a gallon to ask me about my mopeds and scooters. Some of them the very people who used to laugh at me.
I own a two cars and a truck but still drive my scooters and mopeds about. Save my gasoline in my four wheelers for other needs.

Jess_Undefined....a television reality or television values will not help anyone when things take a bad turn. Look carefully at the people around you who have mostly a television education. They cannot even describe a thought or moral value outside of some television program or movie they saw some time back. Their thinking and values are someone elses thinking and values. Their emotions the same. To these people...televison, movies, and video games are in fact realilty. Do you want to be stuck with a bunch of these boneheads when the Stuff hits the Fan???
If you look carefully..you realize that outside of television, movies, and video games these people dont actually know much. Oh they know enough to do thier daily jobs ..but not much else.
Seriously Jess...take a look at them. Do you know many of these people?? I do. I dont want to be stuck with people who know mostly how to work a telephone keypad, a I Pod/MP3 player or a remote controller.
People who can run thier mouth ....but when hard times come they expect to default through with others taking the RISK for them. To flashdance them through difficulties. Think about it..they are all around you.

Just some random thoughts.

Dont worry about people telling you you are crazy. I dont!!

Orangetom

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

I fully agree! All everyone in this house does is watch television and play video games. Its quite disturbing. If you asked them the score of the game they know all about it, you ask them about anything slightly political or anything about the world and they either dont wanna hear it or dont know what im talking about at all.

Theyre completely clueless about anything involving the real reality of whats going on in the world.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

Ok Jess,

Well at least you understand enough to see the template in those around you. That is good. The problem is that it is so close to home. It is in fact right in your home. That presents a huge problem in what one could term as High Maintenance people.

My actcual term for them is "wildlife in its natural habitat."

While I realize they are your faimily...my particular nightmare is to be stuck on a deserted island with about 400 surviors of exactly the template we are describing. High maintenance wildlife.

I know alot of them too.

I dont watch sports with the exception of, once in awhile, a fishing program. I like to catch and eat fish. No interest in trophys. I want and prefer dinner. A photograph is about as far as I would go with a fish or such. If I cant eat it I am not interested.

I know lots of people ..particulary males who are good at sports and a point spread...and can do thier jobs ..but when they start speaking of the gods of sports...point spreads et al....I leave. Not interested in "Dancing with the Stars or American Idol as well. No thanks.

I prefer to be "Mused" not "Amused."

A-without. Muse-thinking.

Without thinking-Amuse or Amusement.

A powerful drug used to prevent people from thinking or only thinking along authorized lines of thought. Amusements!!

Well you get the point ...Once I understood this I began looking at people close to me as well as the people with whom I work. Alot of people out here on drugs..so to speak. Even people who are "educated."
Dont let these people imprint their slackness on you.

Thanks,
Orangetom

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join