It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guns bought this year in the U.S. could outfit 2 armies...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

f22's and assorted fancy weaponry are all but useless against a well run insurgency. We discovered that in Vietnam, and got lessons again in Iraq for a while...

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
"Guns bought this year in the U.S. could outfit 2 armies"

That's why we now have back door ammo laws in place. If we cant buy ammo we cant use our guns.

I'm sure we will hear more about this in the 2009-2010 Senate session.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by daddyroo45

The militias back in the 18th century were just as well equipped as the armies.In the 21st century its a different story all together.

That is by design.

Dropping bombs would lose them the fight faster than anything else. As for tank, and other armor, fire turns them into ovens.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
You can never forget American ingenuity.

The jets and tanks would be trouble but if push came to shove we would figure out something .

One example one of my great uncles was in the army corp of engineers during WW2 in the south pacific . Many times they would be ordered to build a airport under fire . To alleviate the common occurrence of getting shot while operating a grader , dozer or other earth moving machines the squad he was with cannibalized plating from Japanese tanks and armor to plate the heavy machinery with . You ended up with dozers protected as well as tanks were . He had some old photos of em they looked like something out of a mad max movie . In times of need us Americans can be very resourceful .

Also considering the amount of welders machinists mechanics and fabrication plants in the USA almost anything can be manufactured if a reasonable idea of how it works is known .

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

Yep, people don't realize that nothing is fireproof. All military equipment is useless after being roasted in gasoline for 10 minutes. Abrams tanks, humvees, bradleys, t-72's, f-16's, predator uav's, ICBM's. All can be neutralized within minutes.

They aren't going to carpet bomb american cities with b-52's. That won't happen. They are not going to drop lazer guided jdam's on American cities.

So where does that leave us.

It leaves a bad situation for the gov't if they don't get back in line.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Lostinthedarkness

Yes Sir, we will figure it out when the time comes. I'm sure that if it ever came down to it, most of the military would be on our side.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
"Guns bought this year in the U.S. could outfit 2 armies"

That's why we now have back door ammo laws in place. If we cant buy ammo we cant use our guns.

I'm sure we will hear more about this in the 2009-2010 Senate session.

Well, many of us saw this ammo situation coming. I have been saving my brass for years, for just this sort of situation.

Trust me, the people that know what is going on have been stockpiling ammo for decades.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join