It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All The Pro-Homosexuality People Please Enter!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Okay, so i'm sure everyone here is pro-freedom
good!

Many are pro-homosexuality

which is fine
I didn't want to put the word straight in the title
But all straight people, but pro-homosexuality

How would you feel if your son told you he was a homosexual?

Disclaimer: i'm not making this thread because I expect only "I wouldn't support it" answers. Absolutely not.

But be honest please.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Unless my child told me they were doing something to hurt themselves, break the law or hurt others..........Id support.

I could care less who they choose to be in a relationship with UNLESS it was a bad relationship (abusive, etc)....and that can happen in straight or gay relationships.

Im straight and I have had numerous horrible straight relationships. Straight does not necessarily mean better or more healthy.

[edit on 5/1/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I don't think there are to many if any anti homosexuality on this site.

My wife and I are expecting a child in a few months and if he/she turned out to be gay. Then they are gay. As long as they keep it in the bedroom and not in public then all is well.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I honestly would not care one little bit, i have a child due in a month or so and i can say without a shadow of a doubt that i will always love and support my child no matter what decisions they make in life, gay or not, whatever religion they choose if any none of that will concern me just as long as they know i love them and hopefully they love me back.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I have a little boy, and thats something my husband and I have ran across once or twice while watching tv.. I think I would just be there for him. I have seen from personal experience that sometimes people are confused about their sexuality, and end up straight after experimenting. Then there are times where the person feels that homosexuality is the right path for them. I wouldn't love him any less or treat him any different. It would take some adjusting, but if he ever came to me and said that he found someone that makes his entire wold a better place I would be happy that he found some light in this world. Regardless on the sex of the person.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I'd be fine with it, but would explain to them, which they'd already probably know, especially with it being in the news so much lately with Miss Cali, that sadly, it's not socially acceptable everywhere.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Here's my view. I don't agree with the practice of homosexuality, but it's my belief that you can't take the right for them to be together away, who are we to do that?

I'm not a parent, and I'm not anywhere close to being one, but if my son told me he were gay, I'm not sure how I would react. I guess I would do my best to support him, and do whatever, just as if he were not gay.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jg88k
I'd be fine with it, but would explain to them, which they'd already probably know, especially with it being in the news so much lately with Miss Cali, that sadly, it's not socially acceptable everywhere.

There isn't anything in this world that is socially acceptable everywhere.

Doesn't matter who or what he becomes they will run into a form of prejudice somewhere. All you can do is teach him to live a good life and treat others with respect.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I would be fine with it and support him no matter what. I would keep him informed of the health risks and urge him to use protection and not be promiscuous.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Many are pro-homosexuality

What does that mean?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I don't have a problem with gays.

Never really got why people make such a big deal over them. I think you should let people do whatever they want in the bedroom, it's their choice.

But I'm not really the type of person to try and control what other people do.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I would love my son regardless of his sexual orientation.

Someone being gay does not mean they are any less a person. It just means they prefer the same gender as themselves.

There is nothing wrong with love. Love is a wonderful thing. When a person loves another a great power is created between them.

If my son turns out gay I would love him unconditionally. Who am I to judge another for who they find attractive?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I wouldn't really care about his sexual preference as much as i would care about the person.
People are still people.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I wouldn't be bothered in the slightest . Given that I would have raised any kids that I don't on plan having that being a homosexual is perfectly normal , I would hope that any kids of mine would be able to talk to there father about such things without fear .

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I'm pro! It wouldn't bother me in the least if my children announced they were gay. In fact, I hope I provide the sort of environment where a big announcement isn't necessary.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
If I had a gay son I wouldn't think of it as a problem, even if he was a 'screaming queen'.

I've heard so many people express support for gays but go on to say that they don't like the more flamboyant ones. Even some gay people say the same thing, the implication being that they somehow 'spoil it for everybody else'.

There's room in this world for everyone, with 6 billion odd you'd expect some diversity.

The important thing is for children to be brought up with manners and values - their sexual orientation needn't be given so much prominence.

I'll just put in a word for the girls here as we mostly seem to be discussing the boys. A gay daughter would be equally as welcome should I be planning a family, which I'm not. (You can all heave a sigh of relief
)

[edit on 2-5-2009 by berenike]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
It's not as if I'd wish it upon my children, but I personally would have no problem with them turning out to be homosexual.

But would I be concerned? Sure I would. Its not the "norm" societally. I live in the "Gayborhood" here in Philly and I know most of my gay friends dealt with a lot of tribulations growing up figuring out who they were, suffering self-hate, etc.

So would I care? Yes I would. Would it change my relationship with my child? Never.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Ok, so please nobody take this the wrong way
i'm just trying to extract a surgical opinion

Everyone in this thread says they would not at all mind

Despite what your opinion may be on this question, please answer it.

So nobody seems to mind, ok.

So that means that natural and old fashioned reproduction is a perspective that you are willing for your child to live without? No problem at all?

You have a birth child, you are okay with that not being the case ever for your son?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Santa Claus brings up a valid point, that would be one of the things that would concern me if a son of mine was gay.
The only other thing I'd be worried about is that he'd be afraid to tell me.

Modern Academia, I can't say I'm necessarily Ok with that part of it, after all I definitely believe it would be a experience he'd miss out on.

However, at the same time it wouldn't be right in any sense to force him to have a child with someone he didn't love.
That said, I know that there are women who would undergo in vitro for homosexual couples.

And, I see no issue with adoption and would welcome any adopted child.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

A lot of heterosexual people can do without children - we're not all (temperamentally) natural parents.

I've only ever wanted pets, I don't mind kids but I wouldn't want the responsibility of bringing one up.

There are a lot of experiences that we can't all have in life - unless the gay person concerned feels they are missing out by not having a family of their own, I wouldn't worry about it.

As far as carrying on the family name and genes goes, some lines are probably best discontinued. I'm not concerned about being the last of mine

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join