It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All The Pro-Homosexuality People Please Enter!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
So that means that natural and old fashioned reproduction is a perspective that you are willing for your child to live without? No problem at all?

Well having kids isnt for everyone . Assuming my Son and his partner wanted a child there options would be fairly limited . Myself I support Gay adoption . Surrogacy(SP?) may also be an option .

You have a birth child, you are okay with that not being the case ever for your son?

Well if he doesnt want kids of his own then I have no problem with that notion . Hopefully by the time any kids of mine where ready to give me grandchildren Gays will be able to adopt kids .

[edit on 3-5-2009 by xpert11]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

So that means that natural and old fashioned reproduction is a perspective that you are willing for your child to live without? No problem at all?

You have a birth child, you are okay with that not being the case ever for your son?

No problem at all. Why would it be?

I know plenty of people who reproduced the "natural and old fashioned" way who are terrible, awful, parents. It isn't the key to a child's happiness, nor is it the key to good parenting.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Never really got why people make such a big deal over them. I think you should let people do whatever they want in the bedroom, it's their choice.

Many would argue that it doesn't always stay in the bedroom, and that's the issue...

Personally, I don't agree with (nor even comprehend) homosexuality for males... For females, I get it
(they like what I like, so eh...)... While seeing two guys together nauseates me
(and my brother is gay, so know a little something about this)...I still support their right to make that choice (even if I don't get it). That said, there is still some social decorum to observe when in public...(i.e. no making out in public...please)... As for gals, my wife's history is that of both teams, so hey, can't knock her for liking what I like...hehe....and seeing two women together is a beautiful sight... (Double standard? Sure is...but hey, my choice right?)

If I ever had a son, and he told me he was gay, I'm sure I'd go through the "what did I do wrong?" stages...but in the end, he'd still be my son, no matter what. For me, blood is blood, and family is family (even when it isn't blood)...and we all stick by each other (even if many others in my family don't feel this way)....

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I would love them all the same.

As for the reproduction, well first homosexuality is as old fashioned as heterosexuality is. There are ways around the issue my child(ren) felt they needed it.

I used to be anti-homosexuality but that was because I was dealing with internal issues of my own - I'm bisexual.

The only real issue is that they are likely to be picked on and bullied for it, so you have to try and help them be strong and to be themselves, but apart from that, I can't see my parenting having to change towards them.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Myself I support Gay adoption . Surrogacy(SP?) may also be an option .

Have to disagree (personally) with Gay adoption (whether guy/guy or girl/girl)...only because of my own experiences with gay couples I've known/observed.

Again, this is based solely on my personal observations of more than a few gay couples, (and thus, personal stereotypes), but gay couples seem (to me) to be more prone to breakups (only two of those I've witnessed are still together, and each of them had long periods where they broke up), do not have the same view of marriage, stability, or coupledom as heteros, and quite frankly (again, just based on observations), tend to be somewhat elitist in attitude. Throw a kid in the mix, and I (personally) don't think it's a great idea... What happens to the kid if/when they break up? (I've personally seen some dark results to this...)

Now, once gay marriage is approved as legal (and inevitably, it will be), and we see gay couples become more recognized and accepted (by society, as well as by themselves) (and, with the finality of marriage, maybe their own attitudes towards coupledom changed), those same tendencies may be self-correcting, but as things stand currently, my own personal view is that this isn't a good idea at present.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

But homosexuality has nothing to do with that, it's the couple themselves that is the concern. Some hetero couples should not be guardians of kids, but that doesn't mean they all aren't. It's the same with gay couples, a lot of them are truly caring loving people who ought to be able to have children.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
it his problem not mine

hes still my kid even gay

but whatever long as hes not liberace gay and dress like a jak i could care less.

then again liberace made a lot of money and i wouldnt be the one to stop that gravy train i can tell ya that!

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

All The Pro-Homosexuality People Please Enter!

Enter what?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
If someday I have kids and one or all of them turn out to be homosexual, then that's fine by me. Who am I to tell them to change who they are? They have their own lives and they will live it by their terms. I never understood the big deal about homosexuality, nor can I understand the blatant animosity towards gays, it makes absolutely no sense! Plus, what is with the, "oh I'm cool with gays, but they better not try to turn me gay" attitude? Everytime someone says that I ask them if they are that insecure about their sexuality if they are world about being turned or "infected".

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Never really got why people make such a big deal over them. I think you should let people do whatever they want in the bedroom, it's their choice.

Many would argue that it doesn't always stay in the bedroom, and that's the issue...

Personally, I don't agree with (nor even comprehend) homosexuality for males... For females, I get it
(they like what I like, so eh...)... While seeing two guys together nauseates me
(and my brother is gay, so know a little something about this)...I still support their right to make that choice (even if I don't get it). That said, there is still some social decorum to observe when in public...(i.e. no making out in public...please)... As for gals, my wife's history is that of both teams, so hey, can't knock her for liking what I like...hehe....and seeing two women together is a beautiful sight... (Double standard? Sure is...but hey, my choice right?)

If I ever had a son, and he told me he was gay, I'm sure I'd go through the "what did I do wrong?" stages...but in the end, he'd still be my son, no matter what. For me, blood is blood, and family is family (even when it isn't blood)...and we all stick by each other (even if many others in my family don't feel this way)....

Ok, why should gays not be allowed to make out in public? Everyone else does, and many are uncomfortable with that. Don't like it, keep walking, I say. Plus, there are many people out there that are still disgusted by seeing inter-racial couples together and making out in public, so should they follow decorum and please those that are offended by not doing it?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Making out in public is a violation of social decorum regardless of hetero or homo...
Slight displays of affection are fine (from a social standpoint)...just saying some decide to try and make a spectacle of themselves...

But homosexuality has nothing to do with that, it's the couple themselves that is the concern. Some hetero couples should not be guardians of kids, but that doesn't mean they all aren't. It's the same with gay couples, a lot of them are truly caring loving people who ought to be able to have children.

Yes, but without the addition of the legal obligations that come along with marriage, there isn't as much keeping a gay couple together, and this poses a big risk to children, and even the legal system into determining visitation, support, etc. in the event of a breakup. This is more clearly defined in a hetero couple. Again, I was going from my own observations of seeing this go wrong with more than one gay couple with kids involved (from when they were previously hetero or grandkids, etc.)... If you read again, you'll see that I do favor it once gay marriage is legalized and accepted (and that's just a matter of time), and with an overall change in attitude towards the permanency of a relationship....but I just don't feel society is there yet..... I just want the additional protections of the institution of marriage to be in place before adding kids to the mix.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by berenike
If I had a gay son I wouldn't think of it as a problem, even if he was a 'screaming queen'.

I've heard so many people express support for gays but go on to say that they don't like the more flamboyant ones. Even some gay people say the same thing, the implication being that they somehow 'spoil it for everybody else'.

Let me step in here for a moment as a member of teh gayz, I personally make this above statement at times, for me the reason why I hold that they "ruin it for everyone else" is that they are a lightning rod for anti-gay protesters. When you see media coverage or tv shows 9/10 times it tends to be focused on the on what I cal "extra or super gay" population and in reality, they tend to be a small quotient in the gay male population. Most of tend to just be normal guys who happen to like guys. I personally loathe the focus on this group of gays. Don't get me wrong one of my better friends is one of the "super gays" but he is a great guy and I wouldn't trade him for the world. However, I do not like to see the example of homosexuality being hallmarked by that group as it is unfair and tends to pigeonhole all gay men into one group.

I can say for a fact that I cannot cook anything that doesn't go into a microwave, cut hair in any way that doesn't use a set of shears or decorate a room in anything but "geek chic".

I know this was kind of a rambly rant, but it's early yet for me but I think you get my point. ^_^

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Itachimaru

I'd like to live in a world where there is a place for everyone to express themselves as they see fit. So long, of course, as they are not harming others.

The problem, as I see it, isn't the flamboyant gay men. It's the anti-gay bigots.

My best friend, when he was alive, was a gay drag queen. He wasn't very obvious most of the time but I had palpitations when he teetered up to me in a nightclub wearing stilettos, fishnets, and a black ensemble which included a black biker cap. I've never in my life seen anyone look so gorgeous.

I wouldn't want to deprive the world of spectacles like that

My serious point is that homophobia is a blight on society and I wouldn't want to see anyone being discouraged from expressing themselves because some thugs are always looking for an excuse to oppress others.

PS - I'm not much of a cook, my idea of decorating is to chuck curtains or throws over everything to hide the bad bits and you definitely wouldn't want me near your hair with a pair of scissors. I suppose I let 'my' side down a bit too.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by berenike

Don't get me wrong I agree with you, any form of oppression is something the world can do without, I was just giving you my take on why there are people that have that mindset. Most times it's hard enough to get along being gay, and like I said, when popular media portrays a group as a certain way it doesn't matter its really a small demographic of that group, it tends to be how the whole group is seen. It's and unfair stereotype, but then again all stereotypes are unfair.

I believe that you absolutely have to be who you are, my complaint is more with the media and people who use our more flamboyant brethren as the poster child for their hate campaigns and less to do with the actual people themselves. Although there are times when I have zero patience for drag queens and the like but it tends to be the "worst of the bunch" I don't end up getting along with. S Florida can really make you hate them pretty fast sometimes.

I also agree that there are some that are amazingly pretty and low key as well, I had a friend who out of drag me and him used to get boozed up and go barhopping/fighting ( I know, I know ) but it was fun at the time ( I was young and impressionable ) but in drag he amazing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join