It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 Reasons to Abandon Christianity

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Yah, Republican08, ive been to WhywontGodhealamputies.com. Its so funny.
and the strapping a bomb to your self and blowing up people to Prase Allah is so stupid. That is a contradictive death. Allah hated violence more than anything.

Solar.Absolution is right, but the NWO would turn the world into a heavy chistian planet.

Thanks for the comment sticky. and the largest fath thin was in my second post.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
First off,

Most of these points are your opinion, and everyone has one and is entitled to. So this does not bother me.

There are many different beliefs on this Earth from many different people as to the origins of man. Some choose the bible's explanation others choose Science's best attempt with the big bang followed by evolution. Still others believe in other Gods, or even Aliens as our creators. None of these other explanations bother me nor do the people who believe them. Heck, even I am looking for answers. So I see no reason to get on people for choosing their belief.

Christianity is only one of many. It is true there are good things and bad things in the bible, and also good people and bad people. There were periods of good and periods of bad. This to me is a good representation of life. If the bible was only filled with fairy godmothers, sugar plums, pink hearts, yellow moons and green clovers I would be concerned. But it is about life, the good and the bad.

The bible has many life lessons with in it and it is up to the reader to figure out what they are.

Some of you certainly have some issues when you take such great offense to peoples belief in christianity. I have no problem if you choose not to follow this religion or any other, that is your choice. And I won't judge you.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Which all due respect, you have sovled your own case ther by saying that they were probely fundemenals and there were behaveing most unchristian.

My personal view, is that there was a man called Jeasus, but he just preached love and peace to all kind. Somewhere the message got lost. i dont beleave that you have to go to church every sunday for example.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Personally I think half the Christians belong on the funny farm, and the other half of them belong in Jail.

Thats quite a statement to make.
I have to make a couple of assumptions here, one is that you don't know of the good that christian charities and aid workers do to help those less fortunate than us and the other is that you must be about 12 YEARS OLD.

Grow up and go spout your venom somewhere else.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012

I have no Pagan beliefs for your information. I believe in the one true GOD and that's it. Not man, not myth

OK then, prove your God exists...have him ressurect George Burns and Bob Denver and I will believe you!

If you actually read not your bible but the history of your religion and the history of the region it comes from and the history of the people who conceived it to you and the history of the people who have rewritten and rewritten your bible...we could have an intelligent conversation regarding your paganism...

The only thing 'true' about your pagan god is you truly believe him!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Yah, it's the thing that they do to make african people believe.
"No food until you accept Christ."

Also why should a religion even care if I don't warship it like they do?
more heaven for them, haven't they ever thought about that, hmm?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I am a Christian, and I am not offended. Believe what you want, but I am not going to debate my beliefs against yours.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jon1

Personally I think half the Christians belong on the funny farm, and the other half of them belong in Jail.

Thats quite a statement to make.
I have to make a couple of assumptions here, one is that you don't know of the good that christian charities and aid workers do to help those less fortunate than us and the other is that you must be about 12 YEARS OLD.

Grow up and go spout your venom somewhere else.

Well the reality is you have made quite a few assumptions to take on faith alone the nonsense espoused in your religion.

I have seen the good charitable works the Christians have done in decimating the indeginous populations of cultures around the world that they insisted spreading the word or god too while they just so happen to plunder and steal every natural resource for trade and commerce to enrich themselves in the process.

These god fearing humble meek Christians are the first people to either march off to a war, or support a war through political acceptance of it and paying taxes to it, all it takes is for the people the war is being fought against is for them to not be Christians and then well...let them burn.

There is more blood on Christian hands than any other group that has ever formed a group.

If you pay taxes to our unconstitutional government then you have blood on your hands too.

By the way you understand so little about religion the world you live in and it's history you don't even know that the Hebrews have tricked you into dedicating every prayer to Amen-Ra which is why you say Amen a lot or that they don't worship a god named Yahew but Yahishew the Cananite Patron God of Theives and Mercanaries and Pirates.

When they write G-d to spell what you think is God and they only refer to as Our Lord, they aren't leaving out just an O but an OL as in Gold is their Lord.

You been duped! Because you assume too much and read too little!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

My religion comes from within my heart, not a book. The Bible was written by men. I don't have to be taught or preached to to know there is a GOD. I see GOD everytime I look into my dog's eyes, everytime I see a tree, everytime I hear a bird sing, everytime I look into space. The whole entire universe is so perfect in design, it can't be coincidence. There are not enough numbers in existance to explain the odds of all the universe coming together just so perfectly just for us humans. I don't buy for one second.

I don't have to prove anything to anyone, all I have to do is believe, and I do.
GOD can only be realised in the human experience

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Wow!! Do you know nothing about Christians!!! Where do you guys hear this stuff? no wonder other countries hate us with this crap being taught.

I love GOD and His Son. I am a peaceful, law abiding citizen that has never hurt anyone. I feel only love in my heart for the earth and all it's creatures and I don't even go to church. I don't have to, I worship GOD, Creator of ALL, not the church.

Actually I have studied every religion known to man in my quest to understand the human condition. Where I study it is from History and Archeology not some pagan book of fairy tales full of contradictions and hypocracies supposedly put forth by a self described and proclaimed "Jealous, vein and vengeful Lord" which by the way if he was the only God who exactly is he jealous of?

It's a little hard to love someone and his son when that someone and their son do not exist. It's like loving Santa Clause and the Tooth Fairy. Doesn't make you a better human being.

As I have stated elsewhere in this thread if you pay taxes to this unconstitutional government then you aren't peaceful because that money goes to buying bombs, bullets and other weapons that are used on little children, women and men practically every day of the week.

Hiding in circular logic, paying for a barbaric and warlike system doesn't make you peaceful, it just makes you complacent and guilty as charged.

Next!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
When a christian preaches, it's considered totally appropriate and normal - to attempt to convert non-believers into believers. When a non-believer (the OP) attempts to prove the case against god, they are labeled heretics.

America is brutally religious. Can you imagine any American politician declaring themselves as non-religious? No, it would alienate too many of the electorate, who, just like many, cannot accept that some people do not accept their supernatural belief.

The is OP spot on. Look at Joshua's god decreed genocide, a clear example of god's love!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Why do you hate Jews? i really want to understand were all this anti-semitism comes from.

Typical Christian nonsense, I did not say I hated Jews I said I did not want to economically support them or their idealogy or war monger on their behalf.

This is the typical foolishness of Christians if you do not bow to our way of thinking you are hateful.

Chances are you know nothing about the actual recorded history versus the biblical history of the Habiru/Hapiri which is the name they were going by 6,000 years ago.

To you they are just little darlings whose god gave you a son whom you worship who likes Jerusalem.

To me they are a despotic and tyranical people with a rich history that goes well and beyond the fabrications they put forth about themselves in the bible.

If you haven't read the Torah, the Talmud or the Jewish Encyclopedias, real history, and studied Archeological finds then all you know is a bunch of propoganda.

I reserve the right to think for myself and not like who I don't like for real reasons, I don't take things of faith or assumption I formulate my oppinions and conclusions on exhaustive study of all the pros and cons.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

where you abused as a child? Where does that deep hatred for all come from? I have to say, your hate make me nervous.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

My religion comes from within my heart, not a book. The Bible was written by men. I don't have to be taught or preached to to know there is a GOD. I see GOD everytime I look into my dog's eyes, everytime I see a tree, everytime I hear a bird sing, everytime I look into space. The whole entire universe is so perfect in design, it can't be coincidence. There are not enough numbers in existance to explain the odds of all the universe coming together just so perfectly just for us humans. I don't buy for one second.

I don't have to prove anything to anyone, all I have to do is believe, and I do.
GOD can only be realised in the human experience

I hope you explained this to your optomitrist and the person giving the eye exam at the Department of Motor Vehicles and you are not driving a motor vehicle on public roads!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by The Killah29

To me religion can be many of those things unfortunately, but being a true Christian is all about the opposite. Its about "love".

Its a sad thing that non- Christians need to rebel against a God they do not know. I understand many non-Christians may know about a religious organization, but they don't know God.

To me, you don't find God in a church, so to say. You find Him in the quietness of your room, in your heart, through Jesus.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
This postulation - what a crock!

If I really believed any of that, I'd just shoot myself.

What a miserable, completely mistake conception.

What darkness!

What you seek to see, you will see. What you believe impossible, so it is.

Damn.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The bible was written by men like you. I need no book to tell me what's right or wrong. All I need is the love of GOD I feel in my heart.

Anyone that believes every word in the bible is a fool, because it was written by MAN-HUMAN MAN. All the books out there were. Religion to me is faith, not the word of a HUMAN.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Really, that doesn't make any since to me at all. Just grasping at straws now I see.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

And your problem my friend is that you read to much.
I know that Jesus is real, not through faith alone but by what he has done in my life, through all the answered prayers and i'm not talking about trivial ones either.
i'm talking about using the gifts of the spirit given to us by God as and when needed.

There are so many things that you don't know about or could even comprehend happening in Gods kingdome. I't a shame you have chosen the path that you have because you are missing out on so much.
There's a whole different world out there that you don't know about, but that is your choice and because you don't know that you will try, but will be unsuccesful in your little ploy to bring people to your way of thinking.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

where you abused as a child? Where does that deep hatred for all come from? I have to say, your hate make me nervous.

Judging by your screen name and posts I would say a lot of things make you nervous!

No I was not abused as a child, no one forced me to believe in invisible men, or read contradictary books, or accept things on faith alone, or have to ask embarassing questions like "Why is that man dressed up in such funny robes?"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join