It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Jmurman
You're delusional, and obviously have something against Christianity...so be it.
I am a Christian am offended by your post...however you have the right to say what you want, as do I.
Originally posted by The Killah29
20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity
Try these reasons if your not convinced.
1. Christianity is based on fear
2. Christianity preys on the innocent
3. Christianity is based on dishonesty
4. Christianity is extremely egocentric
5. Christianity breeds arrogance, a chosen-people mentality
6. Christianity breeds authoritarianism
7. Christianity is cruel
8. Christianity is anti-intellectual, anti-scientific
9. Christianity has a morbid, unhealthy preoccupation with sex
10. Christianity produces sexual misery
11. Christianity has an exceedingly narrow, legalistic view of morality
12. Christianity encourages acceptance of real evils while focusing on imaginary evils
13. Christianity depreciates the natural world
14. Christianity models hierarchical, authoritarian organization
15. Christianity sanctions slavery
16. Christianity is misogynistic
17. Christianity is homophobic
18. The Bible is not a reliable guide to Christ's teachings
19. The Bible is riddled with contradictions
20. Christianity borrowed its central myths and ceremonies from other ancient religions
Originally posted by sickofitall2012
I will never understand why people that do not believe in GOD even care. Why are people always trying to turn others into atheists like themselves? Is it because they want to justify themselves because they feel guilty? I just wish everyone would mind their own religious business.
Originally posted by stoo82
What is wrong with people beleaving in something, however wrong you may think it it is?
Religion, in general gives hope to people who are hopeless. It is no wonder why 'poor countrys' have a high rate of religion and 'rich countrys' have such a low rate.
If you dont beleave in God, then that is your choice. Plus, some of those 20 reasons are purly your opinion anyway.
A little more respect is neaded.