It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FARK poking fun at ATS UFO community

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Well, the thread title says:

"Create your own fake UFO video. Difficulty: A year from now, someone from AboveTopSecret will link to it with message "OMG, this is totally REAL"

It's not like they're wrong.

You're completely on the money mate! We see that kind of thing here all the time. It's always been my opinion that the government don't need dis-info agents because the fringe elements of the UFOlogical community do a great job of it discrediting the movement themselves.

IRM

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
People shouldn't be creating intentional fakes, period. It's just silly and wrong, and don't they care that there are legitimate cases out there, and that its well, just wrong to lie about some things?

People can do as they damn well please. The day that you or anyone else tries to tell them what to do is the day that freedom is truly dead. Screw censorship, star in a jar! Don't promote it, destroy it!

If I had the skills, then I'd be trying my hand at creating a few fake UFO videos. Naturally, I would not upload them to or promote them on ATS, as that's against the T&Cs. However, I would upload them on to the internet in other ways and get a chuckle over the responses.

Many of us on ATS have stated in the past that we would sift through thousands of fakes in the search for one real photo/video.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I'm with Schdog and JustSomeBoredDude, who cares? Everything is infinite joy and lulz. The paradigm is shifting so fast that when a site is attacked, in the long run it just ends up turning more people on to this stuff. They'll come to scoff and end up staying. Some of those bored geeks with hyperactive minds will eventually turn their minds away from fake UFOs to ancient mysteries and gov corruption.
Disinfo sites and agents actually end up shooting themselves in the foot a lot of the time... people say to themselves, "why is this getting attacked so hard? Maybe there's a reason." Alex Jones talks about this a lot. Whatever you think of him, part of the reason his audience has exploded recently is because of all the attacks he gets from fake conservatives.
Secondly, the silly topics and nonsense on ATS serve as an effective natural barrier to screen out lazy or impatient researchers. There is gold on this site, but you've got to dig hard to find it.
If reaching critical mass is an important objective then ultimately this stuff helps us.

[edit on 15f20096amSat, 02 May 2009 05:12:17 -050017 by HiAliens]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
reply to post by blupblup

We should keep this thread open to monitor their progress so that we can just throw them away as they come out.(or make fun of them for trying to fool us)

Actually I think there should be a sticky with all proven CGI hoaxes. That way we can keep track of them and people will know not to post them, and / or be fooled by them.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by DaMod]

To be fair, i don't agree labelling anything a hoax, afterall, the only reason we say it's a hoax, is because we think it is a hoax, we don't know. how many real cases could we have branded a hoax over the years?

I agree with keeping them together, but under 'Possible hoax's' or something else, I've seen people cry hoax because it's 'looked to real'?! WTF? people need to be aware of the band wagon effect.

EMM

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I love it
. I especially love the one pic the have.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/896aa85b797c.jpg[/atsimg]
This should be ATS's new motto.

Here are my fave quotes.

I like to keep a somewhat open mind; but not so open that my brains fall out.

Abovetopsecret is hilarious. .

Now, the truly looney ones I feel sorry for...yet strangely aroused amused by.

There is a lot of tinfoiley craziness on there.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by da_beast_666]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Who the fark is FARK? Can someone tell them to fark off?

Oh darn! I think I've had a Budweiser too many!!
Jeeez!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

If I had the skills, then I'd be trying my hand at creating a few fake UFO videos. Naturally, I would not upload them to or promote them on ATS, as that's against the T&Cs. However, I would upload them on to the internet in other ways and get a chuckle over the responses.

Many of us on ATS have stated in the past that we would sift through thousands of fakes in the search for one real photo/video.

Incredible .

So you would`nt take a dump on your own doorstep , but you have no problem dropping your pants on your neighbours yard ?

Do you only deny ignorance whilst you are on ATS ?

===========================================
posted by tezzajw

If I had the skills, then I'd be trying my hand at creating a few fake UFO videos

posted by tezzajw

However, I would upload them on to the internet in other ways and get a chuckle over the responses.

To get a chuckle over the responses ....?

posted by tezzajw

Many of us on ATS have stated in the past that we would sift through thousands of fakes in the search for one real photo/video

Thanks for giving me a chuckle ........

Troll or not.
[edit on 2-5-2009 by UmbraSumus]

[edit on 2-5-2009 by UmbraSumus]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Fark is a website, devoted to publishing news stories, etc from all over, and having people make fun of it. It's basically a news parody site. Lots of news of the weird, etc.

I just take them with a grain of salt and go on. Not worth dwelling on, or getting feelings hurt over.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Who the fark is FARK? Can someone tell them to fark off?

Oh darn! I think I've had a Budweiser too many!!
Jeeez!

Hi Mike,

The time stamp on your post is around 9am.

I thought "Budweiser for Breakfast" was a thing of the past? (Unless you've pulled another "all-nighter" again looking for more tantalizing artifacts.)

Hey if FARK can poke fun at ATS I suppose we can attempt bad humor!

Toodles...KK

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
The time stamp on your post is around 9am.

I thought "Budweiser for Breakfast" was a thing of the past? (Unless you've pulled another "all-nighter" again looking for more tantalizing artifacts.)

Toodles...KK

Hey KK. I've rushed to India - one of the few places not affected by alien flue...errr...I mean swine flue!!
And therefore it was beer before a late lunch!!

Cheers!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Wow that's awesome now Fark is feeding the disinfo machine.
I love how they are making everyone that researches UFO's to be a complete total, gullible idiot.
Talk about stereo typing. *shakes head*
Not that you can or should expect any more than that from Fark, thats why it has lost popularity over the past few years, its total crap.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by NephraTari]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

If they actually knew anything about the ATS community they would know this site contains the smartest people in the world and the best analyzers in the world as well.

I too have never heard of fark and quite frankly I am glad I havent. I don't want any of ther mornic idiocy to rub off on me.

ATS= open minded intellectuals Fark= close minded morons..... simple as that.

hy·poc·ri·sy (h-pkr-s)
n. pl. hy·poc·ri·sies
1. The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.
2. An act or instance of such falseness.

From one side you bash Fark.com for generalising Ats. You claim they do not grasp our magnificence, our superiority, because they are ''moron''
And on the other side you admit that you know anything about them and generalise this website and called them moron without knowing them at all.

How can I remove a star already?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
If this site has some of the smartest people in the world then we are totally screwed. I think maybe we have a slightly inflated perception of what we are. We are a bunch of people hanging out on a blog site. If we were the smartest people on earth we would have something better to do with our time.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
We may not be the smartestest but we are damn sexy ...

... so there's that.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072

In this advanced age of computer-generated graphics, isn't it cute how some people still believe we can be taken in by 'authentic' UFO video footage? This one is just precious

What about the photos from the 50's, 60's, 70's, and before then, which surfaced a long long time before photoshop and legions of bored geeks.

Are you implying that people were not able to 'doctor' photos until photoshop came along?

[edit on 5/2/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
When the debunkers are debunking the debunkers, you know you have them worried! "They" try to discredit, when they know we are right and they're worried!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

What a bunch of dicks.
Have they nothing better to do?

Like hang out on ATS all day?

/farker there, and ATSer here
//yeah, same handle
///slashies FTW!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
That's absolutely ridiculous and absurd. The site is poking fun at all of ATS and it's users and we can't do anything about it? Oh well, I'll see that it stays down for GOOD now.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Deus Ex Machina 42

Good luck. FARK, Slashdot, and ATS are probably in the top 20 heaviest duty web servers out there. You'll need to turn it up to 11.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join