It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FARK poking fun at ATS UFO community

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
FARK is having a contest where users create fake UFO videos. I guess we really are regarded as a bunch of crackpots in the interwebs

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Phlegmi]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

In this advanced age of computer-generated graphics, isn't it cute how some people still believe we can be taken in by 'authentic' UFO video footage? This one is just precious

What about the photos from the 50's, 60's, 70's, and before then, which surfaced a long long time before photoshop and legions of bored geeks.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I wonder if FARK is a disinfo agency, or aims to make disinformation acceptable.

People shouldn't be creating intentional fakes, period. It's just silly and wrong, and don't they care that there are legitimate cases out there, and that its well, just wrong to lie about some things?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Am i missing something?

I don't see ATS mentioned anywhere.

I see them taking the piss out of liveleak..... but no mention of ATS.
Am i blind?

[edit on 1/5/09 by blupblup]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I'm glad some of those people are not on ATS. They would even get flamed by the major skeptics just because they are so dumb. It's refreshing to see the people here at ATS have at least some intelligence...

Proof that all UFO vids are fake? HA! That only proves some are fake and we already knew that... What do they take people like us for? Just because we beleive aliens visit this planet does not make us total idiots.....

[edit on 1-5-2009 by DaMod]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

If you go to their main page you will see the title of the thread:

Create your own fake UFO video. Difficulty: A year from now, someone from AboveTopSecret will link to it with message "OMG, this is totally REAL"

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlegmi

www.youtube.com...

I like this one they made, obviously fake, but cool nonetheless.

They should atleast make them for a new movie or something, put the talent to good not nonsense.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlegmi

They probably will, and it will get debunked. What they don't realize is a lot of people here are really good at analyzing stuff like that.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Yeah the Haiti ufo is pretty well made. About as good as you can get I think. I really like this one. It really freaked me out even though I know it's not real, actually it was never claimed to be, but man its a scary thought. If you haven't seen it, watch the whole thing.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlegmi

If you go to their main page you will see the title of the thread:

Create your own fake UFO video. Difficulty: A year from now, someone from AboveTopSecret will link to it with message "OMG, this is totally REAL"

Ah OK......i got ya, cheers.

What a bunch of dicks.
Have they nothing better to do?

What's the deal with this site anyway...I'm not familiar with it?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Just a case of one website trying to piggyback off anothers poplularity to further thier own.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

We should keep this thread open to monitor their progress so that we can just throw them away as they come out.(or make fun of them for trying to fool us)

Actually I think there should be a sticky with all proven CGI hoaxes. That way we can keep track of them and people will know not to post them, and / or be fooled by them.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Well, the thread title says:

"Create your own fake UFO video. Difficulty: A year from now, someone from AboveTopSecret will link to it with message "OMG, this is totally REAL"

It's not like they're wrong.

I'm actually surprised that some take this as an insult ...

Isn't that what we do here? You know share information and evaluate it.

And as I understand it, if someone hoaxes a video deliberately and posts it here they are no longer welcome.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlegmi

dang some of the comments are nice, but some of those really poke at ATSer's as a whole ... one says we're all 'thick'?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Originally posted by DaMod

What they don't realize is a lot of people here are really good at analyzing stuff like that.

What they do realize is that a lot of people here consider Youtube to be "research" or "proof" for propositions that are patently false or otherwise insupportable.

The 'analysts' will be met with demands for proof of their positions; called deniers, fringers, debunkers, disinfo, Bushies, sheeple, et c.

It's sad that so many outside of ATS see it generally as the cradle of gullibility it often becomes.

I heartily endorse intelligent discussion and legitimate skepticism of the popular consensus foisted on us by TPTB and MSM.

Sometimes, though, we hurt ouselves with our credulousness.
Deny ignorance.

jw

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Well, the thread title says:
"Create your own fake UFO video. Difficulty: A year from now, someone from AboveTopSecret will link to it with message "OMG, this is totally REAL"
It's not like they're wrong.

That is actually so true.... that's it's sad.

Someone here really will believe some of these and undoubtedly post them up as "OMG..real proof of aliens"

A sad fact indeed.

They are still *bleeping* idiots for being so brazen about it.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
C'mon guys. Can't you take a joke anymore? To be honest Im sure those videos will be shown here very soon and I will be called disinfo bastard when I'll scream fake.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

You need to read all the words on that site. ATS is mentioned repeatedly, post after post, poking fun at all the conspiracies.

Create your own fake UFO video. Difficulty: A year from now, someone from AboveTopSecret will link to it with message "OMG, this is totally REAL"...

Richard_Feynmans_Big_Toe: Abovetopsecret is hilarious. Also the headline is true.

I just set up an account there today. Once I saw this post this morning:

People Don't Be Fooled, When You Get The Vaccination You Will Get The Chip. If You Refuse The Vaccination You'll Be Sent To The FEMA Camps.

This is how you will get the chip implanted in you when you go to get the vacination, how else do you think they'd get Christians to get the chip?

Also FOX News is already talking about jail time for people who escape quarantines or refuse mandatory vaccinations aswell as Martial Law.

Also Obama and ACORN are Marking EVERY Front Door in America with GPS co-ordinates and the workers doing it don't even know the reason they're doing it.

I decided they were just too much fun to pass up. I'm "reynoldswrapchapeau," at least until they ban me.

/Richard Feynman props.....

Paul-Angelo
People can do a pretty decent job making believable looking UFO footage using cheap off the shelf software yet our government spent thousands of dollars to send Air Force 1 to scare the fark out of New Yorkers to get updated photos near the Statue of Liberty and Ground Zero.

I included the last post because it was interesting.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Oh yeah....i know that.

The first link the OP provided linked to a page with no mention whatsoever of ATS.

He has subsequently changed it to the right one...

Give me some credit.....I'm not that stupid

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Oops, I didn't see your last post.
Sorry.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join