It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

possible attack on Dutch Royaltys

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   

possible attack on Dutch Royaltys

www.nu.nl

AMSTERDAM - All festivities in Apeldoorn which is organised for the royal visit to the city, have been annulated by directly. A private car which drove straight through the mob and afterwards to standstill came against a pill ear, 14 victims has caused.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-4-2009 by ressiv]

Edit - Babelfish translation from Dutch to English.

[edit on 30/4/09 by masqua]

Link to subject article in English

[edit on 4/30/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Mob

The royal family drove at that moment correctly in ' historical optocht' on the Loolaan direction the palate and the streets stood full with public. Straight through the mob the car came collide, witnesses had jump litterally on the side. With a considerable speed the carriage, which was then already damaged, on the monument, banged.

Bystanders were touched, report donors people with open wounds and leg wounds have see lying. On the television was see how victims were reanimated. The carriage was controlled by a man. He drunk klem in the wreck and has been delivered by the brandweer. The driver has been brought to the hospital.

www.nu.nl
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edit - Babelfish translation from Dutch to English

[edit on 30/4/09 by masqua]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I'm watching it right now, horrible. 14 injured with children amongst them.
Press release at 16.00 local time

The official program is cancelled

[edit on 30/4/09 by locster]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
So, for those who can't read this, what's happened?

Is there a translator in the house? (please
)

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a car broke trough the fences injured 14 peopple and crashed on a monument... we celebrating qweensday today.. the royal family just past one minuted ago for the car broke trough...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
The bus carrying the royal family was missed by just a few yards. I'm convinced this is no accident. There's no way a car could manage to crash through all the security barriers, drive straight through the crowd and crash into the monument right next to royal bus by accident in my opinion.

Hopefully no one was seriously injured, but eyewitnesses are already stating some who have been hit by the car have died.

Footage of the crash (it was live on tv) here:
www.youtube.com...

Live footage here:
www.nos.nl...

edit to embed video:

[edit on 30/4/09 by Symer]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Possible one dead. Eyewitness saw they put a white sheet over a body.

A reporter say there was a 7 year old girl laying injured on the ground with weird twisted legs.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by Dutch_Girl]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Just watched the footage and wondering why was the roof crushed? Is this as a result of hitting the barriers?

It didn't seems that it was heading for the bus as just carried on in a straight line so wondering whether the driver was shot or injured when the roff was crushed and just carried on in a straight line

No matter what it is awful, hope there are no fatalities?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   

AMSTERDAM - Alle festiviteiten in Apeldoorn die georganiseerd zijn voor het koninklijke bezoek aan de stad, zijn per direct afgelast. Een personenauto die dwars door de menigte reed en daarna tot stilstand kwam tegen een pilaar, heeft 14 gewonden veroorzaakt.

AMSTERDAM, all the festivities in the city of Apeldoorn who where organised for the royal visiting to the city are immediately cancelled.
There was a car which drove obviously after the videos with a high speed straight true a crowd of people and game to a stand still against a pillar.
There where 14 victims of whom I just heard one died.

The members of the royal family saw the car crashing against that pillar and where deeply shocked.

I have no words for this, it is terrible indeed.

[edit on 30/4/09 by spacevisitor]

[edit on 30/4/09 by spacevisitor]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
1 fatility confirmed.. 3 reanimated

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ressiv
a car broke trough the fences injured 14 peopple and crashed on a monument... we celebrating qweensday today.. the royal family just past one minuted ago for the car broke trough...
Thanks
(I forgot i could use google to translate it for me, I've done that now)
Wow, I wonder what that's all about. it's not like a car is going to do too much to a bus. So, unless the car is packed with explosives, it's a rubbish attack on the royal bus. It looked pretty mangled up in the last shots, could it have got that beaten up from driving through people? people are quite soft at the end of the day, compared to metal.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Photos of crash during Queensday.

Crash during queensday

source: nu.nl

[edit on 30-4-2009 by Dutch_Girl]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Dutch_Girl

When were these photos taken as it appears there is noone in the vehicle? Was the driver removed and taken away although I'd imagine anyone in a crash like that would have to be cut out the vehicle

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

Originally posted by ressiv
Thanks
(I forgot i could use google to translate it for me, I've done that now)
Wow, I wonder what that's all about. it's not like a car is going to do too much to a bus. So, unless the car is packed with explosives, it's a rubbish attack on the royal bus. It looked pretty mangled up in the last shots, could it have got that beaten up from driving through people? people are quite soft at the end of the day, compared to metal.

the damage you saw before hitting the monument was the result of hitting 14 humans...:-(

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

I imagine crashing into a crowd of people at great speed will damage a car quite a bit. It also broke through 2 lines of fences.

Initial reports state that shots have been fired, it is unclear whether those were fired by police or by people in the car. A passenger supposedly jumped out of the car shortly before the crash. Also, eyewitnesses state the car increased speed at the end in an attempt to hit the royal bus.

edit to add:

The driver tried to drive into the parade earlier but was stopped and turned back. He drove into another street to try again.

edit2: 4 unconfirmed fatalities, driver was a white male roughly aged 25.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by arnold_vosloo
reply to post by Dutch_Girl

When were these photos taken as it appears there is noone in the vehicle? Was the driver removed and taken away although I'd imagine anyone in a crash like that would have to be cut out the vehicle
In these hires photos the driver can be seen slumped over against the steering wheel, I guess that makes him difficult to see:

Warning: these photos are of people being hit by the car, very graphic:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
4 dead according to Sky News website

news.sky.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Symer

awful just awful seeing that poor little girl in the second photo

I'm partially blind, being a bit stupid and British looked on the wrong side of the car!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Dutch tv is now reporting that the driver admitted this was a deliberate attack. Also the car had been spotted at different parts of the parade route. Everything is is pointing towards a planned attack.

The question is what his motive and goal were. Driving such a small car against a bus (where the Queen was in) won't do much. So far no report of explosives in the car but police are investigating.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by arnold_vosloo
reply to post by Symer

awful just awful seeing that poor little girl in the second photo

The girl seems to be reasonably ok on this picture.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join