It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama on Tea Party Protesters "Let's not play games"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Arrogance.

Playing games? Is this a freaking joke to you?

People weren't out there JUST protesting the stimulus bill.

They were protesting government spending in general...thousands were protesting the federal reserve and BANK BAILOUTS.

Keep mocking the public...you do it so well.

So go ahead and make it all about Fox news...who also tried to play it to there advantage, but then SAY NOTHING about how badly portrayed some of these people were portrayed in the MSM.

Sick.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by David9176]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

He just knows it's a game that we can't win. The government are going to do things their way and there is nothing we can do about it. I guess to them this is a game of chess and they are heavily favored to win.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/248d2a9982d6.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

OMG, did he just imply that Fox News isnt popular. It has more rating than most of the other news channels/shows combined. Like the Tea Parties were all about the stimulus bill. That is just part of it. It was also about government spending in general.

So I guess when him and Claire audit government spending maybe they should make note of the waste of flying Air Force 1 accross country for a photo op or for having pizza flown in from St. Louis for a party, and on and on and on.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Why is he always so worried about his popularity?

I think it is pretty sad for any President to criticize the protesting of his fellow citizens against government. :shk:

He wants to sit down and listen to Iran but prefers to stand up, criticize and ignore American protesters. Go figure.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
What a schmuck. I'm glad that I did not waste my time watching this speech. The arrogance is astonishing. He honestly can't accept the fact that people may not like him or that people disagree with his policies. The man is truly asleep at the wheel and has been out of touch with reality for the majority of his life.

There was a portion of that speech where he indicated that he would remake America. How does he think that he will "remake America"? He only desires an America according to Obama.

He aims to silence any opposition at any cost including the Senate. I wonder how much it took to sway Arlen Specter? All they need is one more to kiss the filibuster goodbye.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

He did say that he is willing to sit down and debate the issue.

Wonder if anyone will take him up on that offer.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

The problem with this is both sides try to use what we do and care about to their advantage whenever possible. It's a big nightmarish game of chess
and we're the pawns. What I'm hoping they don't count on is sometimes the pawn wins. Don't let these poor excuses for human beings rub our faces in their mistakes. Stand up and as for Obama saying let's not play games "Mr. Obama why don't you tell us where you were born and what your real goals are?. This guy and all his cabinet are truly useless. If H1N1
or all our new enemies don't kill us all these peons just might.

[edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum]

[edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Talk is cheap. Tell him to show up at a Tea Party or invite a Tea Party to his Wednesday night specials. So far, I haven't seen him show up to one to find out what the fuss is all about.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Yeah at least GW had the common decency to show some respect to the anti-war protesters and aknowledge their right to protest.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
It didn't took long for the Obama's dream to die out on the first day of this presidential briefing, when he found out that his powers goes as far as they are allowed to go by the powers behind his seat.

Remember how flustered and tire he looked after his first briefing, I guess the reality of how much power the shadow government really have left him speechless.

he will become more arrogant as the people starts to lose faith on him, after all is not his fault but he will take the blame regarless.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

When? People have been complaining about it for a long time, instead they are ignored completely by the government and the media for the most part....besides...it's not easy to answer spontaneous questions off the teleprompter..or to not have questions staged in advance.

He made it all about the stimulus package, social security, and healthcare. He didn't seem to bring up individual rights did he? The federal reserve? Bank bailouts?

Tax cuts for 95 percent of Americans? That's gone next year...as if it matters after INFLATION takes hold...which is a tax on everyone..rich/poor and everyone in between.

Obama will only listen to questions that he wants to answer.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by David9176]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
We already had our intelligent response Mr Obama long before the tea parties, you and your ilk never listened; you still refuse to listen.

As long as you can marginalize everyone to either side of an aisle you stick you fingers in your ears and sing "la-la-la-la-la"

[edit on 4/29/2009 by eNumbra]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
So he actually thinks this is a joke?
Does this guy not know anything about American History?
Does he not make the connection between the Boston Tea Party and the current day protestors?

For him to mention the tea party protestors m tells me they are obviosly doing something right.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Let's not play games?

Mr. Barack Hussein Obama I love playing games...

There is only one thing I love more than playing games...

Cheating my butt off at them...

No rules, no prisoners...

You in some trouble son...welcome to the big leagues...keep your insurance paid up!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
With his "Volunteer" program he is so wants so bad, stripping what few rites we have left from us I think it is clear how he wants to "reshape" America. It wouldn't surprise me if Obama is the last president we have for a long time.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Stabalize social security? How by taxing even more of the Social Security checks of the retirees? How by raising the age of retirement before social security benefits will be paid out? How by forcing retirees to do so many hours of community service in order to recieve their social security checks?

Tea bags? mr. obama you missed the point it is not about you it is about The People and this incredible country you are trying to dismantle. Your change you talk about can never hold a candle to the millions of tea bags held in the hands of many Americans that represent the truth, freedom, Liberty, hard work, voice of outrageous taxation, hidden taxation, a government gone mad with spending, a tyrannical government and elected officials that clearly put their own personal agenda first before The People.

mr. obama do not dance around what T.V. station you were talking about just come out and say FOX NEWS we are big boys and girls. Your administration dances around on too many important issues just say what you mean please quit playing games with words.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by amari]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

Yes and our new world coin slogan will be "In Obama we trust."

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

He said it in the video you posted.

I'm not defending him. I'm just wondering if anyone will take him up on the offer and if he will accept.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
reply to post by jam321

Yeah at least GW had the common decency to show some respect to the anti-war protesters and aknowledge their right to protest.

I really hope that is a joke.

I remember sheehan using her son as a reason to protest the war out front of his home in Crawford.

Funny how she started protesting the war only after her son had died.

How long did it take to get that headstone put on her sons grave after money was given to her for that specific reason?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beach Bum
reply to post by Ant4AU

Yes and our new world coin slogan will be "In Obama we trust."

The only difference is instead of the new world coin slogan being "In obama we trust" we use the slogan "with obama we go bust" because of the Trillions of wild spending that has taken place since obama has taken office. Do I see legislation that all this money borrowed must be paid back? I am sorry it is in the form of an I owe you that has to be paid back by generations to come. The real question asked should be how? More taxes surely not.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join