It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama on Tea Party Protesters "Let's not play games"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
"Tighten our belts"

I've heard him use this phrase over and over and i believe i've deciphered the meaning: the productive element of society is going to have to work harder and pay more taxes to cover a pork barrel budget and socialized medicine.

I'm honestly glad i didn't watch this farce.

Hurling insults left and right is one of the predominant signs of an inferiority complex. I hope he realizes that.

In any case, this doesn't surprise me.

TA

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
The whole point of the Tea Parties were for the silent majority to voice their opinions that they weren't being listened to. Here is the way I look at.

If your goal is to keep the current system (economic, political, corporate, military) then everything that Obama is doing is the only thing they can do.

I much prefer to go back to the basics though, let the rule of law work, follow the constitution on everything (not just for torture, but for the role of government as well), and allow all privelages be made equal.

We all know on this site that crimes have been committed by people in high levels with more proof available that if tried in courts by the standard our own government tries it's citizens there would be a lot of people in jail right now that occupy those high positions.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

No, this is what "tighten our belts" means:

"Our country is functionally insolvent. We're going to default on our debt before the end of the year. If you want to see what's it's like to live in a bankrupt country, go look at Argentina. It makes Compton looks like Disneyland. The game is over, and this is a formal warning."

The very possible end-game is a 50% reduction in all government spending: social programs, infrastructure programs, military, etc.

We will be lucky if there is a "productive element of society" as we knew it just a few years ago.

Anybody who's worrying about tax rates, on themselves or their children/grandchildren, is severely underestimating the current crisis.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by theWCH]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I really can't stand this guy. His ego knows no limits. He is snide and arrogant... and yet can't even complete a sentence without a freak'n teleprompter.

How about this Obama ... 'lets not play games' with the Taliban. There are no 'moderate taliban' ... so quit asking to talk to some and quit ******* around with them.

Moron.

Who the heck voted this wingnut in anyways?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by theWCH

50% reduction in all government spending: social programs, infrastructure programs

Sounds like more of a solution than a problem.

TA

top topics

<< 1   >>

join