It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take My People to the Mountains [End-Times]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Exactly the point - you have obviously not studied the linguistic cues used as a contextual safeguards while in transitional Hebraisms in guarding against a miss understanding of ‘who’ a verse is targeted to. Judah ben David (one of the first Hebrew grammarians to expound on the prophets’ use of a form of the past perfect tense in referencing future events) actually used this passage as an example of a section of scriptures that were NOT talking to the Jews BECAUSE of the “hiding my face” clause which means God here is NOT talking to Jacob. These verses caused great angst among the Talmudic Scholars for the reason that SEVERAL contextual cues meant these verses were NOT applicable to any area of known Torah inferences.

The “here I am with the children…” IS THE PERFECT EXAMPLE of a past perfect tense in referencing future event that happens RIGHT AFTER the events being discussed. WHICH MEANS THAT THESE VERSES ARE TALKING ABOUT EVENTS JUST BEFORE OUR GATHERING TO CHRIST.

This is the kind of doctrinal errors that occur with a six month course on Hebrew or Koine Greek given at the standard Seminary on a four year degree. Textual criticism TAUGHT BY RABBINICAL SCHOLARS on a Masters program would be of huge benefit before one claims to have any idea of context extrapolated from Hebrew scriptures translated into English.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Arguments like this are, I believe, the reason the apostle said, "I am determined to know nothing among you except Christ, and Him crucified".

And John says, "By this shall all men know you are brethren, by your love". Not by your doctrine, dogma, degrees or determination to be right but by your love.

I think it's shameful for Christians to argue (please, not in front of the unbelievers) regarding issues that are not essential articles of the faith.

What was the topic? End times and heading for the hills?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Not arguing, rightly dividing the Word. Always willing to teach and hear. While some let such things anger them, I find them invigorating – the very reason I studied under University of Jerusalem Talmudic Scholars. How else to learn the Hebrew point of view?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I will say it again ...yall just go on and head for the mountains .....I will see you in heaven ...........you may feel the need to go ...I do not ...I wish you well though ....really

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join