It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Napolitano's "Uh" Press Conference

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
At just after 3:30 today Homeland Security Guru Janet Napolitano gave an interesting press conference on the "Swineflu 2009" epidemic or "Shared Worry Experience." I gotta say after seeing the interview I'm not entirely impressed. What I want to know is "What does everyone else think about it." Looked like a hurried C.Y.A. response full of uhs and nothing useful except if your sick stay home and maybe eat some chicken noodle. It kind of makes me think of a government released epidemic to get our minds off certain topics that we all actually care about.

[edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum]

[edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Zero confidence.

The only upshot is that she didn't seem all that concerned. This is one episode I would gladly like to come out of being called a paranoid tin-hatter. Lots of worry and prep for no big deal would make me VERY happy and I wouldn't criticize anyone or any agency for measures they took.

Darn, I am a sheeple! I almost forgot about the FEMA trains and the mandatory shots... What was I thinking! Forgive me ATS, I must be suffering from cognitive dissonance and emotional overload. What to do...what to do?

[edit on 27/4/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
This is Hurricane Katrina all over again.

I swear people in Washington must be "special".

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

It's funny you mention the trains and the camps. All of us here should be able to look at the last four or five months in general and see something strange was about to happen. I think the tin hat might actually be our best armor against certain politicians have to find me one.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Beach Bum,

Thanks for posting about the conference. The coincidences leading up to what is going on today, well... I got to say, I am not bored by the news lately!!

Takes a little bit of thought to distinguish between all of the news sources reporting different bits and pieces than each other.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

Thank you LostNemesis for that follow up. I used to not care about any of these thing but like you said when you read between the lines things add up that nobody will be liking.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The way I am seeing it lately, privacy is taken with every 'threat' the government comes up with - whether real, or imagined (by them).

Now, as one of those greedy bloodsuckers said "Never let a good crisis go to waste."

With every "good crisis' comes them demanding more power and control over us (for our own good).

The really bad thing is, the more of these laws and executive orders they add to their already huge arsenal of powers against us.... None will ever be reversed. Can only imagine what THAT leads to, (even if the threats of pandemic and terrorists are all imagined by those in power.)

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I agree with you. As i said in the other thread.

I was wondering when the media would begin to bring up bio-terrorism. Seriously if they try to call this a terrorist attack then i am not buying it. Heck, going a bit crazy here, but knowing the government they'll probably pin it on Iran somehow and then Israel get to strike Iran like they've always wanted. Then again if this was a terrorist attack, aren't they just shooting themselves in the foot. Because a disease spreads and it isn't localised, but then again perhaps they wouldn't care.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

No matter what it is going on right now, they are definitely going to make sure the crisis has been used to their full potential. They will make sure that it plays into what they wish to accomplish.

Whether it's martial law, more powers for FEMA and DHS... or even a war.

I do not care about this virus. It's my own government I am afraid of!!!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I just posted this in two other threads but i'll post it here as well.

Does anybody from the UK, remember a tv show a few months back on the BBC called Survivors? Wasn't that about survivors from a pandemic or bio-terrorist event? Pretty creepy now i come to think about it...although i never actually watched it. Considering the circumstances i am glad i didn't.

Anyway just another "coincidence" you can add to the list about this whole affair.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Remeber though it should be the other way around. Governments should fear their people. One day we will find what it takes to get these so-called educated people to remember who put them where they are. Unfortunately some of us are people with money and issues of our own.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Beach Bum

Well they have already made it quite clear that they do not care what we think, whatsoever. Does not matter how we vote, how many of us flood our reps with E-mails and calls... And it does not matter how many millions of people hold protests... We are just an annoyance to them.

And they seem to be throwing labels around about us being terrorists if we try and have a word about what happens in this country....

They know we all have money issues, along with many others. I would say it's been orchestrated. It is probably in their best interest to silence us at this point.

Whether with fear, disease, or laws that say we cannot speak out. They know what they are doing.

(Paranoid rant end. Time for school.
)

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Yes, but even the tiniest of annoyances can make a difference. If they don't listen we speak louder. They want to back us into a corner and beat us. But here's the thing you back a dog into a corner they're gonna bite.

As for school time. hehehe

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
At this point, Napolitano should be immediately removed from office.
thehill.com...

Napolitano: Closing border not the answer to flu By Bridget Johnson Posted: 04/27/09 04:05 PM [ET] Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano defended the government's response at a press conference Monday afternoon as reporters asked her about the risk of asymptomatic swine flu carriers entering the country. Napolitano said the strategy of identifying and isolating those who seem ill and try to cross into the United States was adequate given the circumstances, as a reporter asked if closure of the border had been considered.

They have NO CONTROL over the border. How the heck can they "isolate" those with the flu, when millions of ILLEGAL Aliens from Mexico flood the border!

God, this woman will be the DEATH of America.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Good Lord! After hearing her talk (if you call it that) I wouldn't be suprised if she puts public speeking on the terrorist list! Uhh Uhh I Uhh Uhhh duhhhhhhh

-E-

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Yeah well you know if we wait long enough I'm sure breathing and walking would be put there too. Don't you just love TPTB.

top topics

join