It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN National parks In The US

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
When you go to a bank to get a loan, most the time you have to put up something worth about the same.

I was up flipping channels last night,for some reason I stopped on a public tv show, that a radio broad caster in texas made, Like I said it was late so I cant rember his name. It was about the US being sold out by the goverment. To the United nations, and China.

He want to talk to National parks around the the US, to see if the park rangers knew of the parks being Given to the UN as backing for our money. If we go in to default, the Parks belong to the UN. Including the Grand Cayon, Yellowstone..... He said this is the reason that parts of the parks where closing.

It was a pre Bush show. I Did some searching heres what I found on the subject.

OUR NATIONAL PARKS NOW BELONG TO UNITED NATIONS

Across this great land, our national parks, wildlands, forests, and lakes are being turned over to UN control. Joseph Urso, Jr., a friend of the ministry who hails from Knoxville, Tennessee, recently sent me a photograph of the entrance sign of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Notice the telling phrase on the sign: "AN INTERNATIONAL BIOSPHERE RESERVE."

This means that, under the United Nations Biodiversity Treaty, a precious resource_owned by American citizens for over 200 years_has been turned over to the UN's bureaucrats for control. Yes, you and I will continue to pay taxes for the maintenance and upkeep of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. But we no longer own it. Now, the UN has ultimate jurisdiction. This alone is startling evidence that the once independent nation-state known as the United States of America is going out with a whimper and not a bang. Our sovereignty is coming to an end.

As a consequence, across the U.S.A., our parks and wilderness areas are slowly being closed to the public. Roads inside the parks are being grazed over. Mountain passes and hiking paths are being blockaded. "No fishing," "No hunting," "No trespassing" signs are being erected everywhere on public lands. Entrance fees are being jacked up 100%, even 500% higher, to keep American families out of their own lands.
www.tetrahedron.org...

World Heritage Sites are designated under a treaty to which the United States is a party, entitled the �Convention for the Protection of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage,� which was adopted at the General Conference of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization in Paris on November 16, 1972. Although the United States no longer participates in UNESCO(1), the U.S. Department of State in conjunction with the National Park Service and other agencies, administers the program. Sites continue to be added to the 22 already-designated parks, buildings and other sites in the United States.
Both �cultural� and �natural� Heritage are protected under the treaty. Although national sovereignty is an issue of concern in all designations, the experience of private property owners indicates that it is the resource designations which pose the potentially serious detriment to their private property rights.
Under Article 2 of the Convention, �natural heritage� is defined
www.prfamerica.org...

Here is a list of all Propeties.
www.prfamerica.org...

UNESCO's WORLD HERITAGE COMMITTEE ACTIONS: Yellowstone National Park has now been designated as a "World Heritage Site in Danger." Adul Wichiencharoen of Thailand, head of the World Heritage Committee said, "certainly the forest areas around Yellowstone belong to the same ecosystem. All these lands must have protection so their integrity is not threatened."
Wichiencharoen stressed that he respected U.S. sovereignty, however as a signator to the 1972 World Heritage Convention treaty, the U.S. has a duty to preserve the Yellowstone ecosystem across administrative boundaries. Similarly designated were Glacier National Park and Carlsbad Caverns and its minerals.

In a "Bozeman Chronicle" report, Senator Conrad Burns of Montana is reported as stating; "It is astonishing that a group of extreme environmentalists can invite a few folks from the United Nations to circumvent laws that Americans and Montanans have worked hard for and lent their voices to." Burns expressed fears the committee "would also seek to put a halt to activities in the park such as travel by motor vehicles as well as to create a buffer zone around the park that would run roughshod over private property rights.
www.iahushua.com...

1972 Treaty Grants the United Nations Control Over American Historical Landmarks

The Founding Fathers would be shocked to learn that some of their successors have given control of key American sovereign territory to other nations.

Through an international treaty, the United States is allowing the United Nations and its member countries access to and control of American soil - in particular, our historic buildings and treasured wilderness.
www.nationalcenter.org...

LAND GRAB here.
www.warroom.com...

Undeterred by the will of the people, the Clinton administration continues to work closely with the UN to implement its secretive, pantheistic agenda of global governance through a host of additional programs�all designed to strip private property rights from landowners and revert much of the American landscape back to its natural wilderness condition. Only through prayer, factual documentation and direct action by citizens can this agenda be exposed, then stopped.
www.discerningtoday.org...

Looks like the UN is a major player.

Here is atleast one more link.for now.

Millions of Americans will flock to the country's national parks this summer. Dazzled by nature and history, will they notice the missing signs, crumbling roads, or disappearance of park rangers? Facing what some people warn is a "crippling" budget shortfall, many national park superintendents are being asked to consider cutting their ranger staffs, services, and visitor center hours�and possibly even closing down completely on certain days.

100777.com...

Keep the Statue of Liberty Free: An Argument for Congressional Oversight of U.N. Land Designations in the U.S.

by Amy Ridenour

This Independence Day more than most, our Statue of Liberty has special meaning.

With its flame of freedom overlooking the site of the World Trade Center complex, the Statue of Liberty eloquently symbolizes the characteristics for which Americans are most known: our love of freedom; our commitment to self-government, our resistance to foreign threats and oppression.

Too bad the Statue of Liberty itself is under foreign domination.

That's because the Statue of Liberty, like 17 other sites in the United States, has been designated as a U.N. World Heritage Site under the auspices of the United Nations Education, Scientific and Cultural organization (UNESCO). A U.N. World Heritage Site is a cultural or natural landmark that receives international protection under the terms of the 1972 World Heritage Treaty.1

Last year a United Nations-designated panel, at the behest of the Clinton administration, called for the creation of uninhabited "buffer zones" around several U.S. national parks. Since then roughly two dozen U.S. parks and preserves, covering millions of acres of public land, have been included in the plan.

Now, however, new plans to expand these zones are in the works, and the outrage has reached a near fever pitch among experts who say these U.N.-designated sites are merely attempts to "globalize" huge portions of the United States -- with taxpayers picking up the tab.
www.worldnetdaily.com...

There is no longer any doubt that the NWO ( and UN and Third Way) are taking over the United States. This is being done slowly and systematically through such coverts actions as destroying our Constitution through manipulation of Congress and taking control of our public lands. The extent is becoming alarming. Just browsing down the Uhuh Opening Title Page will provide a vivid and alarming scenario.
www.uhuh.com...

[Edited on 25-4-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
This Independence Day more than most, our Statue of Liberty has special meaning.

With its flame of freedom overlooking the site of the World Trade Center complex, the Statue of Liberty eloquently symbolizes the characteristics for which Americans are most known: our love of freedom; our commitment to self-government, our resistance to foreign threats and oppression.

Too bad the Statue of Liberty itself is under foreign domination.

That's because the Statue of Liberty, like 17 other sites in the United States, has been designated as a U.N. World Heritage Site under the auspices of the United Nations Education, Scientific and Cultural organization (UNESCO). A U.N. World Heritage Site is a cultural or natural landmark that receives international protection under the terms of the 1972 World Heritage Treaty.1

I found this to be one of the most shocking. Everything it means to this country and we dont have control over it.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Good find, spittin Cobra

I must say I'm not really shocked that we don't really own our country. The "crackpots" like Icke have been saying this all along. Of course, he thinks the Vatican owns us. But, hey they may be in on it, too.
And, remember, years ago, hearing that Japan was buying up our real estate. And, the British Crown buying us land.

Thanks for all these links...I hope I can get to most of them soon.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Thanks, DontThread.

In the show, I see why it was on so late. NOT one person is up. He had gone to the grand cayon. The top Lady said to him, right before they mad him turn of the camra," They told us there was going to be people like you. People that ask questions about the UN. Whats wrong with you are you a terroist?" Then he went to talk to some visitors, they all laughed at him, it was sad.

Peope dont believe it unless it is said by Big time NEWS.

[Edited on 25-4-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Our National Parks Now Belong to United Nations:
Across this great land, our national parks, wildlands, forests, and lakes are being turned over to UN control. Joseph Urso, Jr., a friend of the ministry who hails from Knoxville, Tennessee, recently sent me a photograph of the entrance sign of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Notice the telling phrase on the sign: "AN INTERNATIONAL BIOSPHERE RESERVE."

This means that, under the United Nations Biodiversity Treaty, a precious resource-owned by American citizens for over 200 years-has been turned over to the UN's bureaucrats for control. Yes, you and I will continue to pay taxes for the maintenance and upkeep of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. But we no longer own it. Now, the UN has ultimate jurisdiction. This alone is startling evidence that the once independent nation-state known as the United States of America is going out with a whimper and not a bang. Our sovereignty is coming to an end.
www.texemarrs.com...

On March 6, 2001, Congressman Don Young introduced H.R. 883, the AmericanLand Sovereignty Act. H.R. 883 requires congressional approval to add any landsowned by the United States to the World Heritage List, a UNESCO-administered listestablished by the 1972 World Heritage Convention. Two years ago, on May 20, 1999,the House passed (by voice vote) an identical bill also numbered H.R. 883, but thelegislation did not pass in the Senate. Sponsors of that bill expressed concern that addinga U.S. site to the U.N. list, which is currently done under executive authority, might notprotect the rights of private property owners or the states. The Clinton Administrationand opponents of the bill argued that the designation has no effect on property rights anddoes not provide the United Nations with any legal authority over U.S. territory. Inrelated legislation, P.L. 106-429, in which H.R. 5526, the Foreign Operations, ExportFinancing, and Related Programs appropriations act for 2001 was referenced, containedlanguage prohibiting funding from this bill for the United Nations World Heritage Fund.The FY2000 contribution to the Fund was $450,000. The World Heritage Fundprovides technical assistance to countries requesting help in protecting World Heritagesites. This paper describes the operation of the UNESCO Convention and will beupdated periodically. This legislation would also affect U.S. participation in theUNESCO Man and the Biosphere Program, which includes some of the same sites
66.102.7.104...:OKLhgRCKz_oJ:hutchison.senate.gov/Environment8.pdf+UN++national+parks+in+US&hl=en

Coeur d'Alene- A 24-year old treaty with the United Nations has been dusted off and brought to the forefront of an age-old battle over management of America's natural resources.
Through the treaty, known as the World Heritage Convention of 1972, environmental groups and the Clinton administration have brought in an arm of the United Nations to help 'protect' Yellowstone National Park.

The groundwork has been laid to do the same in several other sites across the nation, including Glacier National Park near Kalispell, Montana, and could eventually have a direct effect on North Idaho.

While environmentalists and National Park Service (NPS) officials claim the U.N. involvement is merely in an advisory capacity, key congressional members and two western state legislatures say it's an effort to gain control of this country's natural resources.

"This is part of a plot for centralization, and, in fact, global-type control," said Representative Don Young, R-Alaska, chairman of the House Committee on Resources. "There are people who say as population increases, the only way to keep anarchy from occurring is through centralized control by government. In this case, world government."

Young said if the U.N. is allowed to gain control of U.S. natural resources, it can control the nation's economy and, therefore its people.
amprom.org...

I Know there is alot of info here, I Know it might be overwelming. PEOPLE have to know that we ARE being sold out. How long until The UN plops Armed Forces in our LAND.

I understand If YOU dont care. Why should I Its not going to effect me? Because it might, if not you, your kids.
WAKE UP people.

[Edited on 26-4-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
thats about the most craptastical thing i have ever heard in im whole being of exsistence. I mean dont we own other parts of the world to sell them instead of our own land, its sad truely sad an sick. (o_O)

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
yeah, i heard about this, mostly from www.Infowars.com and from alex jone's tapes... they are very interesting if any people are interested to watch them, very disturbing and very true.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
It was my understanding that the National Parks were offered up as collateral against the U.S. National Debt - money owed to the Federal Reserve (a private bank), not the U.N.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChefQuix
It was my understanding that the National Parks were offered up as collateral against the U.S. National Debt - money owed to the Federal Reserve (a private bank), not the U.N.

You are wrong, it is the UN. Have you read any of the links?

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I'm just wondering what exactly this all means. Like most folks who have seen those international type of signs I just assumed it meant it was on some kind of list of the earths great natural areas etc. Until today I had never heard anyone express the idea that the ownership or administrative control had been transfered to a body outside of the United States. At this point I'm not really sure how much of this is just conspiracy, and how much is real nor whether it really changes anything if it is.

As a consequence, across the U.S.A., our parks and wilderness areas are slowly being closed to the public. Roads inside the parks are being grazed over. Mountain passes and hiking paths are being blockaded. "No fishing," "No hunting," "No trespassing" signs are being erected everywhere on public lands. Entrance fees are being jacked up 100%, even 500% higher, to keep American families out of their own lands.

Where is the evidence that these consequences have been caused by these designations. Where I live many roads have deteriorated because of lack of funds due to budget cuts & less revenue from logging as well as battles from wilderness folks who don't want you driving up to cool areas, so only the hard core can hike for days to get there.

Many of the roads in my area were created with government funding for the purposes of selling the timber to logging companies, as some areas have become off limits due to no more logging or won't be loggable again for 30-50 years so the roads are allowed to deteriorate. Many of these wilderness areas are steep rough ground and maintaining roads that get washed away ever few years gets to be a major budget drain.

I really don't like having to pay to get into parks that I once got into for just paying my taxes, but I want to go in and share with others the beauty I've enjoyed all my life so I pay. I assumed that the bloated govenment agencies like tha natonal forest service overlogged the forest to the point that they no longer had the revenue coming in & thus cut the budgets of the park services & forced them to charge fees in order to continue staffing entrances etc. I hadn't reallized they sold some parks as well - again I'm not so sure I believe this yet.

I will continue to look into this & explore the links later - have to work now.

[Edited on 26-4-2004 by outsider]

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
One reason cited by the resolution is of particular interest: " UNESCO, through a memorandum of agreement with the Department of State, has designated 47 United Nations biosphere reserves in the United States covering more than 70 million acres, without congressional consultation or approval."
www.unwatch.com...

In Philadelphia recently, I stopped by to revisit Independence Hall, the cradle of our republic where the Declaration of Independence was signed and the U.S. Constitution was written. Something new has been added since the last time I saw it: a large bronze plaque with a peculiar inscription under an unidentified insignia.
"Through the collective recognition of the community of nations expressed with the principles of the convention concerning protection of the world's cultural and natural heritage, Independence Hall has been designated a World Heritage Site and joins a select list of protected areas around the world whose outstanding natural and cultural resources form the common inheritance of all mankind."
texaseagle.org...

Is the United Nations truly a threat to U.S. sovereignty? Congressman Don Young thinks it is and his efforts to build opposition to UN land grabs are beginning to grow into a strong Congressional force.

One of the biggest debates concerning the United Nations is whether UN World Heritage and Biosphere Reserve programs infringe on American sovereignty. Those supporting the programs correctly point out that UN documents specifically state that each nation maintains its own sovereignty.
www.americanpolicy.org...

Outsider, I understand your disbelief, Its hard to believe that our own goverment is selling us out and has been for over 25 years. I have given you some more links. I dont know how I can spell it out any more plainly.

You have to go into the links and read them.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   
In the same way, we can stop the FCC. We can stop the land grab. Let try to get our land back. SIGN IT
www.petitiononline.com...

People of this free nation, I urge you to remember your history.
Too much power corrupts. It has corrupted every government that ever took too much power.

Common Socialistic Thinking is to Share the Wealth. This means to take from America and give to the other nations.
To do this, they also want to control Americans. Part of this plan includes a new world religion set of laws to govern your faith. Not only your faith, but your children, your home life, and your land is planned under the new U.N. Global Governance Plans! Do you want to allow this? You need the truth that is not taught in school, nor much published in the mass media.
www.christianparents.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
I was up flipping channels last night,for some reason I stopped on a public tv show, that a radio broad caster in texas made, Like I said it was late so I cant rember his name. It was about the US being sold out by the goverment. To the United nations, and China.

His name is Alex Jones. You can check his site at www.infowars.com... & www.prisonplanet.com.... He has several documentary films available for purchase.

Edited to add: I just saw that agent23212 posted this.

[Edited on 4/27/2004 by Bangin]

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Whom will come to collect? Nobody, the world will fall in shambles and those of us left here in the states, all of whom own guns and lots of ammo, will most likely keep the UN trash at bay or stack their dead bodies up as cord wood.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I guess now the question would be, How do we get the land back? Judging from the amount of responses this thread has recieved, people don't believe it or just don't give a #.

I browsed and signed the petition (not that I believe it would do much good) to stop the land grab.

Damn, they even own Thomas Jeffersons home (Monticello), why not Mt. Vernon?
Another GRAND reason not to trust the Government.
This makes me sick!

Thanks for posting this Cobra! I'm out of way above votes this month, but you will definatly get my vote next month.
BAKED

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Who is going to keep us from using it?

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by baked
I guess now the question would be, How do we get the land back? Judging from the amount of responses this thread has recieved, people don't believe it or just don't give a #.

Its very frustrating, I dont know why people refuse the believe the truth if it is spelled out to them.

The first place is the to sign the petition.

[Edited on 27-4-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
well cobra im going to give you my last wats vote and even though you and i have had some disagreements i can tell your pissed about this and im not happy either....i knew our country was being bungholed for a world take over ....oh and for you morons and agents of the NWO or for you who dont believe it even exists....i could name names but i wont cause i dont need to....ive got one thing to say>>>>

Theres no NWO.!!!...can you show me some proof

The masons are just an old mens club....there is no illuminati.....the Rothchilds are just some rich people....Kissinger is just an old man ....you know him and Rockefeller.....yeah you just keep on propagating that line of crap and living in your fantasy world of there is no conspiracy and watch your arse get written out of the book of life.....you are either ignorant ....an unknowing agent of the globalists or a knowing agent...
you think people who believe in global conspiracy are whackos well let me tell you that is the same stinking line of crap that all the kooks of the past said to men who told people the world was round or the earth was not the center of the universe and the enlightened men of those times and others were burnt at the stake or put in prison....
well ill tell you what ...you just go on living this one life because thats all there is gonna be for you.....

Jesus wept

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Yes, thanks Cobra, for this info. This was something I was unaware of.

Just what right does our govornment have to put up our national parks as collateral anyway? I believe they belong to US, thus, WE need to be asked for permission to take them, not THEM.
I think we should put the white house and capitol hill up as collateral, that way, if we default on our loans, we wont care if they take it. Throw in the IRS building for good measure

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Im glad I could open some eyes. Thanks for taking the time to read and post.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join