It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ECON: Lets have a huge party because we are all going to die!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
[pressimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ddb277e5143b.jpg[/pressimg] As I read through the news these days I have come to the conclusion that we are all going to die sometime in the next 50-100 years. SO LETS HAVE A PARTY!

We are either going to be broke, enslaved by the PTB, taken over by aliens, die from the flouride in our water, keel over from the swine flu, or the devil is coming in a few weeks. Therefore, I figure we might as well go out with a bang. We could get all the biggest bands together, and invite our friends from Columbia and Mexico so they can bring the party favors. We can even use it as a charity event to raise money. Money which we will promptly put into a giant pile and burn because in a few months it wont be worth anything anyway.

So lets not get depressed. Lets turn the world on its head and throw the biggest bash known to man. We can even invite the Naked Wizard just to add to the fun. This would be the best form of protest we can choose, because even if it fails at least we had a little fun and relieved some stress.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
We can even invite the Naked Wizard just to add to the fun.

Pin the tazer on the Naked Wizard, anyone?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidLight

Excellent. Maybe we could do it on a per donation basis. You know like how you can kiss the pretty girl or hit the car with the sledgehammer. Thats mo' money to throw in the burning pile.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I'm down for a big bash, but who's coordinating it and where is it going to be? I can only fit about 50 people at my place comfortably and I don't want to be in charge of organizing this

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I just put the beer in the cooler...

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Dude, there have been several times in the last 60 years that were WAY worse than what they are now, both economically and stability wise. Party? Yes but things aren't that bad. In the words of Wayne Campbell, "PARTY ON!"

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Estharik

We are going to need a huge place where there is no cops to hassle us (except we will bring a few of our own just to hassle the Wizard). Its gotta be huge because I want this to be a worldwide bash. So maybe we should just use Africa. I always wanted to drunk drive an elephant.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

Hah I never thought about driving an elephant drunk... I'd have a hard time bringing any of my cars to Africa

If you get the elephant, I'll get a cheetah Harold and Kumar style!

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

You are right things probably arent that bad, but its always good to get together and build relationships with the rest of the world. We could invite all the good guys and the bad guys. Nothing would bring world peace faster than a bunch of rednecks getting wasted with the likes of Kim Jong or Azmybreathisbad. Maybe we could even hook those two up with a couple of the chicks from The Girls Next Door so they could let the boys come out and play

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Star and flag for this post!......by far the best thread on ats at the moment!

I will drink to this 1!

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

There is some merit to the idea.

My Depression-wary grandparents have lived in the same house for 45 years. No vacations, no extravagances, just save, save, save. Now, this year, they have lost A LOT of their money due to this financial debacle. My boomer parents on the other hand lived it up by trading up houses and playing the markets. They're all in the same boat now - running out of money and about to die from the flu and if they survive that then terrorists or 2012 will surely get them.

We shouldn't live life afraid. We shouldn't be stupid but we don't have to be scared either.

BTW, we can't afford a party, futures are down due to flu. Plus if we all congregate, we'll just get each other sick. Maybe next month.

[edit on 26/4/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Think of the possibilities. We could play animal demoliton derby just to get the enviromentalists worked up. Maybe light a couple of oil wells on fire just for light. But we have to be responsible and preach save sex, because you know a couple of dudes will get so wasted they will wake up next to a monkey the next morning.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Dude the US has been stockpiling Tamiflu for years. We could talk Obama into donating that in a second. All we have to tell him is you get to spend more money and create more jobs because you will have to buy a whole new batch. He will love the idea. Right after that I am going to tell him its him and me man on man in a game of speed quarters.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

demolition derby sounds great, I think I'll have to stop off in India and pick up some of that old elephant armor.... cheetah for the cruising, elephant for the derby
can't pit a cheetah against an elephant ya know! As to the mod post above, I know the feeling now. I'm not that old but I got laid off from my job a couple weeks ago and money blows fast. I wanted to get back in school and get a piece of paper to say I can really do the job but I think I'm better off just doing what I've always done and make the money.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I know we dont have any money but I have it covered. The columbian lords got tons of cash they cant spend. So they can front me some cash. I will just tell them I will pay them a week after the party. I always wanted to go out Scarface style.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
So what kind of bands are we going to invite? We have to have REM, so they can do "Its the end of the world and I feel fine."

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Got to make the money if you want to keep your honey.

I think this will actually solve the worlds financial crisis and global famine at the same time. Everybody will be buying elephant armor, and you have to have both a cheetah and an elephant because that is like having a hummer and jaguar. Plus we will make it so all the men have to wear pimp clothes and bring their own pimp cane. I always dug that look.

We can make it potluck and have everyone bring a dish so we can feed everybody. We will invite Jesus too if revelation kicks off before then, because then he can do the miracle of the fishes and loaves.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Even this post is prophetic you know ..

Isa 22:12 And in that day did the Lord GOD of hosts call to weeping, and to mourning, and to baldness, and to girding with sackcloth:

Isa 22:13 And behold joy and gladness, slaying oxen, and killing sheep, eating flesh, and drinking wine: let us eat and drink; for to morrow we shall die.

Isa 22:14 And it was revealed in mine ears by the LORD of hosts, Surely this iniquity shall not be purged from you till ye die, saith the Lord GOD of hosts.

Sorry to ruin the party ....but hey do what you think you gotta do ...
Myself I am just not in the mood to party ...
I cant afford it anyway lol ..............

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Well then let's not forget to invite God, so he wont feel like we didnt care. You can be in charge of that. We dont want to leave anyone out.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I've never been big on hummers (no pun intended) but my dad has an old jaguar xjs with a v12... it might not be big outside but lots of beef under the hood

As for me I have a corvette and an eagle talon tsi awd... amazes me how much faster a 4cyl is on takeoff compared to a v8 at times. I guess that's my hummer and cheetah

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join