It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you want you or your loved one cloned?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I was recently watching the news and they reported of a doctor who was practicing cloning. So far, all people implanted have had miscarrages. But the doctor said its only a matter of time for a woman to be able to carry a cloned human being full term.

My question is, if you had a deceased loved one, would you want them to be cloned? Would you be willing to carry the baby yourself?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Im not sure where im at on this issue as of right now.

My cousin recently passed away 3 years ago due to a car accident at the age of 16. We were really close and I miss her more than anything.

So at first I was all for it, I loved to see her again!

But a friend of mine pointed something out.

He said "If you were to have her cloned, it would be no different than a walking picture. That person isnt born with memories, nor do they even know who you are. In the end, it would probably cause emotional pain for you."

So it made sense to me. I wanted her to be cloned because I missed her. But the fact is, you dont love someone for they psychical body. You love them because of there spirit. Because of the memories and experiences you share together. And the clone would have neither.

A person is who they are to you, because of what you gone through together. You simply cant re-create it.

Im interested in all your opinions!

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Nope. While it may look like you or your loved one. What made them who they are is their mind. Kind of like a twin. While they look alike they have differant personallities.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
If my spouse died and cloning was availible then I would have her cloned, onlu I'd want to "tweak" the results a bit
use your immagination. Then I'd be like " see you make my life hell so now I'll never let you evevn rest in peace"

[edit on 25-4-2009 by alyosha1981]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Oh I definetly know what you mean there

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Genes are only one part of what makes us, us. The clone may look the same but the life experiences that affect us would be different. Kinda like the same person only one would be a 70's child another Gen X. Totally different. There is only one original.

In a nutshell, no, I wouldn't want that.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
If any other people passed away in my life I'd let them go because I wouldn't want to be sellfish, plus it'd be always in the back of my mind that the clone isn't really the person at all. Freaky I don't know if I could sleep right.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

If you had your spouse cloned wouldn't you have to wait a while till she was legal age to marry you again? What would you do in the meantime? Just something to think about.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Yes exactly. It would get a little bit creepy because your going to constantly refer to that person as if they never passed away. Part of the healing process (especially for me) is learning how to let that person go. Cloning them would be a major set back for that process. They would look like them, but they would not and ever be THEM.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by oneinthesame

Ok I got a luagh out of that
I believe I was assuming that the cloning refered to was like instant or fast in the sense, so depending on how long it would take I suppose I probably experience freedom again
and then I'd be like " hey page me when she's done" like when my car's at the shop and I leave for a few hours.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Genes are only one part of what makes us, us. The clone may look the same but the life experiences that affect us would be different. Kinda like the same person only one would be a 70's child another Gen X. Totally different. There is only one original.

In a nutshell, no, I wouldn't want that.

I have to agree 100% with this. While you could make someone who was our genetic clone, we are for better or for worse the sum of our life experiences. My genetic duplicate would never be able to recreate my unique set of experiences that make me me.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jess_Undefined
I was recently watching the news and they reported of a doctor who was practicing cloning. So far, all people implanted have had miscarrages. But the doctor said its only a matter of time for a woman to be able to carry a cloned human being full term.

My question is, if you had a deceased loved one, would you want them to be cloned? Would you be willing to carry the baby yourself?

This is very scary and frightening.this doctor should be arrested

A doctor called Panayiotis Zavos has transferred cloned human embryos into the wombs of four women. Dr Zavos claimed in an interview with The Independent that he had created 14 cloned human embryos and transferred 11 of them into the wombs of the four women, who wanted to give birth to cloned babies.

This is very worrying as it is only a matter of time before Hitkler will be cloned.

Although Hitler cloning has been discussed before it was not realistic but this development brings it nearer to reality.

Also something people have failed to realize if you can clone 1 Hitler why not clone 10,000 Hitlers or 10 million Hitlers or even a super army of Hitlers?

The Aryan Brotherhood and other white supramists are desperate to clone Hitler as it would lead to a massive rise in their membership and Nazism would rise like a phonenix from the flame in Europe and in America the Ku Kluc Klan, to again cause a massive race war between whites and blacks leading to a world war fought with nukes.

As the white race has vastly more nukes and blacks hardly any it would be a massive victory for Nazism.Also the blacks in White countrys would not fit and would be enslaved again or killed.
The remaining blacks having no recourse would then fight a gureilla war against whites.

The British BNP leader Peter Griffen is already in Europe wanting to call British Asians foreign racials.

the kkk will rise and takeover America killing all non-whites..this will mean a massive civil war as white kill blacks kill whites and the inbetween chinese kill every one.

This would mean African Americans would be called foreign racials too.

Nazis on your doorstep dragging you to the gas chambers again.also disbled people and anyone outside the perfect aryan range will also be gassed.

I am white by the way.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by esecallum]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

Clones are just twins. If I got cloned the main benefits would be not only being able to predict and prepare for similar medical problems.. but being able to predict and nuture talents and strengths. They'd have a better head start than the original.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by riley]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I agree so far from the animals that has been cloned, they are not even alike, because we are a combination of genetic material passed on by our parents and parents before us, the chances to even have a clone that looks just like the original are to0 hard to predict.

And like others said you may be able to get a "twin" if you are lucky but is the soul what makes that person unique, if the soul of the original is not available then you will end up with a different person that has nothing to do with the original at all.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by intrepid

I agree so far from the animals that has been cloned, they are not even alike, because we are a combination of genetic material passed on by our parents and parents before us, the chances to even have a clone that looks just like the original are to0 hard to predict.

And like others said you may be able to get a "twin" if you are lucky but is the soul what makes that person unique, if the soul of the original is not available then you will end up with a different person that has nothing to do with the original at all.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by marg6043]

Theres an easier way to think about it.

Imagine your going to die with no way to avert it, and you get yourself cloned, and the clone is a rapid grown one so its an adult basically from the start with all your memories and personality somehow implanted. After a few months you die, but your clone goes on...

Are you the clone considering it has all your memories and personality?... anyone that says yes I would say hasnt thought about it hard enough

A Cloned relative/pet/yourself (even if its personality and memory is transfered) isnt and never will be those same people/things its supposed to be a copy of, its just impossible. Thinking about it from your own perspective makes that as plain as day.

I just laugh at those people that think cloning will make them immortal since their personality might become immortal but 'They' wont be... and its the 'They' part that actually matters in the long term... you/they die, you/they are not and never will be you/them.

Cloning of entire entities (nothing wrong with cloning of celluar material to create replacement organs as long as you dont end up with an 'the island' type scenario, although stem cells are much better for that) is a joke.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
i wouldn't want it done also.
it would be like living with the shell or look-a-like person that had totally different personality and experience.

i would opt for it ONLY if they could replicate every single aspect of the person, like life experience, memories, EVERYTHING. basically having the EXACT same brain with all it's soul and glory. then i'd prolly opt for it.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
one has to wonder if anyone would do it if the person was the SAME EXACT person with full memory, everything.

would you then?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
This is quite scary, really. I wouldn't want to clone a loved one, as others have pointed out, it wouldn't reproduce their essence. Unless of course, one could download their mind/soul before death and upload into the clone. Now that would be something.

I could clone myself and send my clone to work. The clone wouldn't need to be particularly smart. It would just need to go to meetings, say "that's not good enough" every other sentence and whine about the drinks machine.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I would not want to be cloned, I already have a clone aka as my twin sister
I wouldnt want my loved ones cloned either. They make look like them but you can clone a soul and every soul is different and unique.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

I wouldn't mind being cloned. I'm sure that I'll eventually need the parts.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join