It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you want you or your loved one cloned?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Of course not. I think it's completely unnatural and can cause all sorts of genetic medical problems and who knows what else.

It's not really the same person, they just look the same and maybe have some other traits. Not worth it.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

Exactly, we are nothing without a soul but an empty shell, a clone will be the same as having a child genetically will be compatible but his genes will be its own.

The original soul will not be there either, unless is a way to transmit memories from the original.

Like you said if people think that they can live forever because cloning they will be heading for a hard awakening.

We humans may be able to "play with nature" but nature has its own way to maintain balance always.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

I will clone myself immediately as soon as I can get it done cheaply in Tijuana or Thailand or my garage. I'm also down with killing the first one and stealing his organs in order to keep Protoplasm Daddy running along smooothly...I anticipate that my clones will be psychopaths also, same as me (or else I want my money back), so presumably the clone would not have too much hard feelings about being sacrificed in this manner - everything's fair among the replicas - since the clone would do the same if the situation were reversed...I would clone myself at least 45 times, to begin with, and then presumably we would have a little group-mind/criminal-enterprise going with the ultimate goal of attacking and eliminating the other humans...
I remember one time explaining this plan to a customer at my (then) workplace...He became quite upset, and ran out the door of the store, screaming "A POX ON YOU AND YOUR REPLICAS!"...(go figure)...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton
one has to wonder if anyone would do it if the person was the SAME EXACT person with full memory, everything.

would you then?

Problem is their not the same since the original you knew would be irrevocably gone you might have a car you love and have owned for decades then one day it craps out on you and has to be replaced and you find an exact copy of it, color, interior, year of manufacture even teh same condition to your old one, but regardless of this you'd always know that the first one you had feelings for was gone.

An exact copy is not the same as the original simply due to the fact it isnt the original.

With material objects its alot easier, but with life forms which are as individualistic as you can get (even if they are similar in appearance, ie Pets and the like) when the original is gone its gone. Not sure how other animals would react to such situations, but as a human, to me I just couldn't accept a copy the idea just doesnt work in my mind.

And you dont need to talk about a soul (not that I dont believe in such things) since even without the existence of a soul the 'A Copy will never be the Original' argument still holds.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by BigfootNZ]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I can see a need for a human being cloned. If a new born was to die from sudden infant death at 2 months of age or something along those lines. After all, we are the sum of our experiences. The clone would be raised by the same parents and so on.
Although I just can't see any need to clone an adult for any given reason other than to study them like a rat.
Clone a caveman and see how they really walked and if they could talk.
We've come so far with cloning and we still don't know what to do with it. Like giving a child a loaded handgun to play with.
Man should start restoring all that he destroyed first. How many animal are now extinct because of our actions? Well, it's about time to right that wrong.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Yeah I think it could probably end up backfiring in many different ways.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Like intrepid said...

Genes are only one part of what makes us, us.

If we could figure out what consciousness is and find a way to transfer that into our clone.......then yes I'm all for it. I'm not gonna lie.... I do not want to die. If there is some way science could remedy the situation and make a "new me," I'd have to seriously consider it.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Cloned ya say? Naw.

But how about downloaded into one of the new skinjob cylons? (Cap 6, Boomer, Leobon, Simon?)

Naw, that would be creepy too I think.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
If given the opportunity I would have 10,000 clones made of me. I would have them all over the world.

Think of the advantages that would be had with a Wukky in every town across the globe!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Just yesterday my husband and I watched that movie, Eraser. It was an action movie about human cloning. In the movie the people were cloned with the stored memories downloaded in them or something like that. When they woke up they had no idea they were clones unless they had a dot on their eye. They still thought they were the same person. That could be useful right there.

Anyway, on a serious note, I wanted to clone my dog when he died. He was 14 and a wonderful friend to me and my husband his whole life. He was a Lab and just great!

When I had to put him down I discussed this with the vet and he looked at me like I had lost my friggin mind and would not even allow me to explore the subject with him. It's probably for the best, though.

I sure do miss him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join