It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CONPLAN 2591: U.S> plan for handling pandemic influenza

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
In case you are unaware, the U.S. Northern Command (NORTHCOM) has in place a plan for dealing with pandemic influenza, apparently. It is titled CONPLAN 2591 NORTHCOM (Pandemic Influenza). Unfortuantely, details are almost non-existent on this plan, but this very real outbreak of this swine flu raises the question of what the U.S. response will be should the pandemic break out in the U.S.

Does anyone have any information or ideas of what such a plan would entail? This outbreak provides us with a unique opportunity to examine America's civil defense and emergency management capabilities, especially in regards to what improvements we've been able to make since 9/11 and Katrina.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sweatmonicaIdo

Tax dollars at work. I had more to say on this, but that was my plucky knee-hook reaction, blindsided.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I am no conspiracy theorist, but I do believe the plan would entail a mass quarantine should it become necessary. Martial law may be a part of the contigency plan as well, if civil unrest rises due to a (false) belief the government is unable to handle the situation or is convinced by people like Alex Jones and Glenn Beck that the government is withholding a cure.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
I am no conspiracy theorist, but I do believe the plan would entail a mass quarantine should it become necessary. Martial law may be a part of the contigency plan as well, if civil unrest rises due to a (false) belief the government is unable to handle the situation or is convinced by people like Alex Jones and Glenn Beck that the government is withholding a cure.

Well, it does make one think.

How many people are going to complain about people that have been tagged as being sick and possible spreaders of disease from being rounded up and being quarantined indefinitely?

I think people need to think more about what is going to happen inside of the camps among the encamped.

I saw a movie recently entitled “Blind”. In short review it was about a group of people that were thrown into an old dilapidated warehouse building where they had to pretty much fend for themselves. They where locked in and as long as they made no attempt at escape then they were left unmolested by those on the outside.

The results were illuminating.

Situations of hardship do not bring out the best in us. We are worse then anything that we fear and we are our own worst enemies.

TPTB do not have to do anything except leave us to ourselves to correct our dilemma. As long as they don't intervene we will wipe each other out in due time and the few that may survive will be declared worthy of entry into the house of the elite.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Well now that the U.S. is officially in a medical emergency, we really have to wonder now if CONPLAN 2591 has been implemented in any way, shape, or form.

An interesting fact to note about CONPLAN 2591 is that it is a CONcept plan. It may not have been fully developed, so it then causes one to wonder about the true state of American readiness for this pandemic.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Anyone see this yet?

www.health.mil...,7,USNORTHCOM CONPLAN 2591

posted on Jan, 13 2023 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: sweatmonicaIdo

Surprised you didn't bump this by now.

posted on Jan, 13 2023 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

I think it got upgraded to CONPLAN
3591 nsarchive.files.wordpress.com...

sgp.fas.org...

CONPLAN 3591, Theater Response Plan for Pandemic Influenza and Infectious Diseases
• USNORTHCOM Response to Pandemic Influenza; a supporting plan to CONPLAN 3351, focuses
on support to the “national effort in response to a potential pandemic resulting from human-tohuman transmission of an influenza virus.”
• The plan addresses Force Health Protection (FHP) and civil support operations in the
USNORTHCOM AO, as well as support to foreign humanitarian assistance (FHA) operations in
the USNORTHCOM area of responsibility (AOR).
Revisions
• CONPLAN 3591-09, USNORTHCOM Response to Pandemic Influenza, 13 August 2009.
• CONPLAN 3591, NORTHCOM Response to Pandemic Influenza, 17 December 2007.
• CONPLAN 3591-07, Pandemic Influenza. 25 July 2007.
• CJCS PLANORD 141224Z NOV 05 (14 November 2005) directs NORTHCOM to conduct executionlevel planning for response to PI.

edit on 13-1-2023 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2023 @ 08:59 PM
link   
2009 was the year they allegedly decided to do all the covidy stuff.

posted on Jan, 13 2023 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Didn't realize this thread was from 2009,

join