It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Persistent U2U's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Well, I have a little problem. When I get U2U's from certain people, they're persistent. It's click on them to my heart's content, read them, reply to them...but they still are considered 'new'. The only way the browser doens't tell me they're new is to delete them. Now, this is only a problem with a few people. ANyone else have this problem?

DE

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Funny you should say that, i've been having that problem too.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 05:58 AM
link   
It's wierd- onyl certain people leave persistent U2Us for me. For you?

DE

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I have this in my 'sent' folder. People have replied to U2U's, but they are still listed as unread.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 06:01 AM
link   
YOU! You and the other mods are the worst offenders!

I had the contest rules marked as 'unread' for about a month..

DE

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I've had U2U's that I've sent that have been marked as unread too. It took me a while to realise that you can tell what has been read and what hasn't, and when I found out I noticed that there was one perticular U2U that I had sent that I was quite upset that it appeared to have gone unread. but since then I have noticed a few others that also show as not being read and I've had replies from. I don't know if this bug can be fixed or not?

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   
That's happened to me for quite some time. There are just certain people who "won't go away"...lol. If you want to keep it, but make it not show as unread, click save and it will fix it.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Well,if it makes you feel better it happens to me also.

It's a bug but I don't think it's a biggie.

I had one only today.I either delete it if I can deal with it quickly or put it in "saved" if it's important and I want to keep it for a while.

It's a pain but it's not a priority.It appears to have come about after another bug was sorted out.The other bug was that if you read a U2U that you had just sent it appeared as "read" this caused a little consternation amoungst members who thought that their U2U's were being read by staff when they had only been read by the person who had sent it.

Of the two bugs I much prefer this one.This way I don't get accused of snooping.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
yea this happened to me once, every time I logged on...new u2u...must have read it a million times, didnt go away so deleted it

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Just click the refresh button

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Delete your cookies and empty the cach. Better yet get a macintosh they have less problems.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by J0HNSmith
Delete your cookies and empty the cach. Better yet get a macintosh they have less problems.

Macs

That is my response. ANd I have cleared both repeatedly. There is one right now that sits as 'unread', and one that just claims it's been read just isn't in bold anymore so I can't find it.

DE

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Actually I was thinknig about this a few minutes ago, it only seems to get stuck on a couple of people...hmm odd. lol

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Wow, that was a big old slam on macs there and it is 100% BS. I have 4 macs and a duel p4 3GHz sitting in front of me, macs are by far superior in speed, ease of use and just an intelligent way to have an interface. Speaking of interface windoze STOLE their look from mac. I have had OSX running on this computer for 2 years, the system has never froze although when I first got it AOL crashed the system 1 time so I took AOL off (AOL's fault not mac). I have a choice of 5+ browsers, built in 128 encryption lock box for any files I choose to add to the box and a slew of built in features. No installing drivers or fumbling to figure out software compatibility and system errors. I do video editing with fcp and use PS CS, AGL, MX studio and about every high end software they make that does design and editing. I can run unix, linux, OSX, windows 95 ,98 , 2000, nt, and xp all AT THE SAME TIME. I do more with this computer than is even posable to do with a PC. You can run more software on a mac, macs are faster, macs have better architecture. Macs have the most stable OS on the planet. Next time you decide to bash Macs why not do a little research first. Good luck fixing your PC, the Mac Safari browser had built in no pop-ups and in 2 years of using it the only thing I've had a problem with is the Fex-ex tracking website will cause the browser to freeze, so I click the finder goto ("force quit" in the apple menu) the program quits end of story, than relaunch the program (not the whole system) and all is well. Damm ignorant poor people, stick to subjects you're educated about please.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
For those against Macs... ah-hem... ATS IS 100% DEVELOPED ON MACS All code, graphics, and database design is performed on a Mac running OS X, then uploaded to the server. so there. As for the U2U problem, a long-standing bug from the XMB core code... I've tried tracking it down, but due to the less-than-critical nature of it... didn't try really hard.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
oh, not my precious ATS....this is like my wife killing my mom. Yeah, sure, I still love her...but she killed my mom! *sigh* Just what I neeeded...more super-ego conflict and free-floating anxiety.

DE

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Oh... and one of my Macs (17inch PowerBook) is able to run... Mac OS X Windows XP Pro RedHat Linux All at once without trouble. A while back when testing the new database changes for the boolean search, this capability of the Mac came in very handy.

top topics

join