It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you feel it when someone you love dies?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
My intuitions in many areas are very strong, but for some reason I have never "known" when a loved one passed on from this world. My grandfather passed yesterday morning and I did not feel the loss when it happened. When my mother called me it was a shock. I have however never been close by when anyone has passed. I have always been many hundreds of miles away. Does this affect it?
I am very confused as to how I can be so sensitive in so many ways and yet not feel it when someone I love passes on.

I just don't get it.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Yes.. i do feel it whenever someone dies that i really loved

My grandmother passed a few years back and i felt a shock in my heart & When i got home my mother had told me that she had just passed a few hours ago

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Yea, I think we can.

I also think we have forewarning.

A few years back, I was sleeping and the better half came in to wake me up. Before I even realized I was waking up or even that I wasnt alone I sat up in bed and said... "uncle Pete has cancer, omg". The better half was startled and asked how I knew. I just shrugged and racked it up to a dream.

3 days later my uncle Pete called me. He had cancer.

I think when we are asleep we have access to info that is otherwise not available to us.

I have had more than 1 dream like this and I wont bore you, just thought I would mention.

Hugs,
Dax

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
its weird but I've had dreams about the persons before I found out they died during the night...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

Hi there,

So sorry to hear about your loss. ((hugs))

As intuition is not an exact science, I think it depends on so many hidden factors that, even for the most psychically aware of us, sometimes signs, messages or images of foreboding can and often do, go entirely unnoticed.

At the time of my Dad's unexpectedly sudden death, my sister and I, holidaying on the island of Cyprus, were indulging in these long, meaningful discussions about his life that were tinged with sadness. Who is to say that on a subtle indirect level, we weren't picking up on the finality of what was happening over here in the UK? I also believe I received messages from my Dad in a number of meaningful guises long after he died so the timeframe isn't always in the "moment". In fact ,rather curiously, my sister heard him walking up the stairs of my parent's house some weeks later, to her shock as she thought it was my mum, only to realise Mum was sitting in the living room watching tv!

That is the frustrating thing about psychic episodes with deceased loved ones - they are often unbidden, and rarely happen the way we would have imagined.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I've had experiences 2 times:

1. I was at work and I had this god awful feeling of just not being able to settle, like something was wrong. I couldn't put my finger on it, but my g/f at the time worked with me and I was like, I need to go home, I cannot stay here today, something is not right. So, she said fine and we left and went home. Walked out of the building, phone beeps (no service in building) its a voice mail from my mom telling me that my Uncle Issac had died earlier, he passed at the exact time frame I was flipped out.

2. Few months later, I had a sleepless night. Tossing and turning, really bad feeling. My g/f said this reminded me of the time my uncle died, I finally after hours of not being able to sleep dozed off. Went to work the next day and one of my best friends was absent. Found out that her dad had gone hunting the day before and had not come home, so they went looking for him and found him the next morning dead in the woods. He died of a heart attack. I'm not saying I have any specail abbillity, could all be coincidence.

but thats my stories. Sometimes I still get those feelings, but nothing has happened since that I am aware of.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This thread reminded me of my best friend, Robyn.

When I was a freshman in high school I had lunch with her. As we sat there eating twinkies and drinking mt. dew she turned white. White as a sheet. It was very disconcerting to say the least. I asked her what was wrong and she said she felt like something was wrong. I told her it was the lunch we were eating. lol. I was trying to get that look off of her face because it gave me chills to the bone. After we had lunch we went on our way. She was supposed to come and spend the night with me that night. I waited, no phone call so I did other things. The next morning I woke up to this...

www.nytimes.com...

Her dad was being killed as we sat for lunch.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by ImzadiDax]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
About a month before someone I loved died, I had a dream about salt. I never do this but I looked at dream interpritation and one of the things it mentioned was death. I learned about the death of my loved one in the afternoon and in the morning I had sort of a strange idea. I know that they have statistics that show the percent chance of dieing as you get older, and I was going to look this up for this person. And like I said, I found out they died later in the afternoon.

I just found it strange that I had this desire to look up the percent chance of death by year, and then later that day I hear they died.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

I am SO there with you on that! I mean, a person 3 states away, someone that is living with my uncle - no problem, I know it and I know it ahead of time. A friends dog, you name it, I know ahead of time or I feel it when it happens. Happened that way for my grandpa when I was only 6 also.

But not so long ago my brother died and I was in a sleep as if I were drugged. I knew NOTHING at all. I was so bumbed out, angry even. Felt like I could have done something if I had known. Blows me away.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I have a theory that maybe you didn't feel it because you believe everything will be fine.

Well it's just a theory but it's based from my experience with my Grandfather. I really thought he was going to be fine but he died 3 years ago this month. It's really sad though.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
hang around karma leaves and that is what hurts. all the things you would have worked on further fall astray, implements.

therefore there is daily work on karma, I am on a work on this to restart. all karmic hangon to be worked out, it hurts when people don't want to work it out, stubornness. Work with your life, not with your friends. mostly friends tend to pick you up out of your daily work. it's horrible in fact how people suffer because of this. they've found something different in life.... but it can be healed.

I am sorry for those who have passed away, it can be a very nice place here. morningglory, morninglight, lift me up out of this fight. GREATNESS!

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
when my grandfather passed away, I felt him go, I even saw his ghost three days later. But when my cat died over a year ago, I felt her pass away. It feels like a gut wrenching thing and it makes you want to hyperventilate. Like I feel that I am getting watched by my grandmother as I feel like she has gone from this world. I feel like she is no longer living. I feel like she has died peacefully in her sleep.

top topics

join