It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 206
<< 203  204  205    207  208  209 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Swine flu claims second Jerseyan, a Somerset County boy, 15

A second New Jerseyan has died of symptoms related to swine flu, the state Department of Health and Senior Services announced Wednesday.

The individual is identified only as a 15-year-old Somerset County boy who died at home on June 8 after developing symptoms that included fever, vomiting, coughing and congestion. The state health lab confirmed the boy had H1N1 (swine flu) influenza.

Officials declined to identify the boy or provide his hometown or school.

A 49-year-old Essex County man who died on June 13 was considered the state's first swine flu victim but the teenager died five days earlier.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Contra Costa man with swine flu dies

A second Contra Costa County resident with the H1N1 flu has died, Contra Costa Health Services officials confirmed Wednesday.

The middle-aged man had no other major health conditions at the time of his death. Health officials have not released the man's name.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Quebecer becomes the 12th Canadian to die after getting swine flu

QUEBEC - An elderly Quebec woman has become the 12th Canadian to die after getting the swine flu.

Health officials said the woman, who died Tuesday, lived just south of Montreal and was aged between 70 and 80. Dr. Alain Poirier said she had a weakened immune system. Wednesday's announcement came a day after two deaths were reported in Quebec and two others in Manitoba.

Seven Quebecers, two Ontarians and one person in Alberta have died after getting the H1N1 virus

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Two more deaths bring Utah's H1N1 death toll to 8

Two more Utahns have died after testing positive for the H1N1 swine flu, including the first death reported outside Salt Lake County.

A Davis County man and a Salt Lake County woman, both between the ages of 25 and 50, died Saturday, bringing the state's total to eight. Five deaths have also occurred among adults in the same age range, and a child under 18 has also died.

Utah has "one of, if not the most, active outbreaks in the country," state epidemiologist Robert Rolfs said Wednesday. And it's not clear why.

Last week, the CDC reported 44 deaths nationwide. A new total will be released Friday.

While H1N1 deaths are far fewer than the estimated 300 annual Utah deaths caused by seasonal flu -- which don't generate nearly as much attention -- Rolfs said there are three reasons to take H1N1 seriously:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
star to burntheships for posting this story yesterday...

here's the latest (but alas, no new info)...

New strain found in Sao Paulo...

www.examiner.com...

www.foxnews.com...

www.medicalnewstoday.com...

news-en.trend.az...

english.donga.com...

---------------

Basically, they're saying this is a mutation of A/H1N1 and they are expecting it to spread.

Scientists either don't know if it will be more dangerous or they aren't saying.

That's about all we have to go on, so far.

Meanwhile, regular old A/H1N1 is accelerating in causing deaths, as can be seen obviously by reading this thread over the past week or so.

This whole thing is very far from being over, it seems.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by switching yard]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
USAMRIID finds more than 9,200 unrecorded disease samples

An inventory completed last month showed researchers at Fort Detrick had more than 9,200 more vials of disease samples than they had on record.
The U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases searched all 335 of its refrigerators and freezers for the inventory, said Col. Mark Kortepeter, the institute’s deputy commander. The institute’s commander ordered the inventory Feb. 4, and the process was completed May 27.

Overall, the institute holds more than 70,000 samples of so-called select agents, or diseases the government believes pose a severe threat to human health.

The inventory process uncovered samples dating back several decades, and included vials of the pathogens that cause anthrax, ebola and rift valley fever.

The vast majority of the found samples were likely working stock accumulated by researchers over several decades, Kortepeter said.

Researchers determined that about half of the 9,200 samples had no further scientific value and destroyed them.

The institute halted most of its research while it performed the inventory, but is now up and running again, Kortepeter said.

CIDRAP

Army lab inventory finds many unrecorded vials of pathogens
Army investigators revealed today that pathogen inventories at the US Army Medical Research of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID) in Ft. Detrick, Md., turned up 9,200 more vials than records indicated, the Frederick (Md.) News-Post reported. In early February the Army said it was suspending most select-agent work at the lab as part of a security review in the wake of events surrounding the death of former employee Bruce E. Ivins, who federal officials believe was involved in the 2001 anthrax attacks. In its report today, the Army said it searched 335 refrigerators and freezers and found that some of the excess samples were decades old and left over from previous research projects. Some of the vials contained agents that cause anthrax and Ebola infections, as well as Rift Valley fever. About half of the samples had no further research purpose and were destroyed. An Army official told the News-Post that all research at the lab has been resumed

Makes you wonder?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Yes it sure does...
How could we ever put our trust in that level of efficiency?

This is news I did not expect to see make the net...
But nonetheless I am not suprised...for those of you who remember my
"swine flu" avatar...

WHO welcomes Sanofi-Pasteur's donation of vaccine
Sanofi-Pasteur to donate 100 million doses of influenza H1N1 vaccine to WHO
"We welcome this very generous gesture by Sanofi-Pasteur. One hundred million doses of vaccine against the pandemic H1N1 2009 virus is a sizeable and generous gesture to and on behalf of the world's less-developed countries. WHO will now work to ensure that this vaccine gets to groups who otherwise would have no access to pandemic vaccines.

"It is gratifying that vaccine manufacturers are demonstrating their solidarity with WHO in protecting the health of the world's poorer people: influenza knows no boundaries and so to protect people in one country is to protect us all."

Sanofi-Pasteur made its announcement of the donation of 100 million doses of vaccine at the Pacific Health Summit in Seattle, USA. WHO Director-General Dr Margaret Chan will be speaking there tomorrow.

www.who.int...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
performed the inventory, but is now up and running again, Kortepeter said.

I wonder what was lost that was so important that they halted all research.

That's interesting.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by switching yard

Thanks for the additional sources...and from your link..

The complete nucleotide sequences for these HA and MP segments have been published in GenBank, the American open access gene sequence database, under access numbers GQ247724 (for the HA gene) and GQ250156 (for the MP).

News of the new strain, together with the newly reported deaths of two people in Argentina to the swine flu virus, have added to fears that South America is heading for a tough winter dominated by the flu pandemic.....

.......The last time this happened with a pandemic strain was the 1918 Spanish flu which killed millions of people worldwide. It started as a mild version, mutated to a much deadlier form and then returned in a second wave. And like this new strain of H1N1 swine flu, the group most severely affected was healthy young adults, unlike the seasonal flu which mostly strikes the sick and the elderly.

www.medicalnewstoday.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Is everyone aware that yesterday, here in Australia, the Health Department officially admitted that the current Swine Flu pandemic is nowhere near as serious as originally believed ?

Quarantining is no longer mandatory and border security vigilance has also been drastically reduced with all infra-red cameras to be removed from airports.
Schools will no longer be closed if a student is identified with Swine Flu but will be recommended to remain home until recovered.

Also a new alert level called "Protect" has been introduced with the emphasis on protecting the old, the young and the sick ... also ONLY high-risk (whatever that means) cases will now be tested for Swine Flu ... and less emphasis placed on tracing the contacts of confirmed cases.
Only severe cases of Swine Flu will be treated with government stocks of anti-viral medication ... all less severe cases have been advised to alleviate the symptoms with over-the-counter medication.

www.breitbart.com...

So I guess all the media attention these last few months on the potential global severity of Swine Flu have been nothing but massive hype and over reaction ... "nothing to be seen here, folks ... move right along".

Also take a look at this legislation that was snuck in yesterday with absolutely NO media attention whatsoever.
UNBELIEVABLE !!!

www.news.com.au...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by zetabeam

Thanks for your post...

The hypes it seems has been fanned to create the "acceptance" of mass vaccination campaigns. Not that the flu is not serious as it is obviously killing people. But looking beyond that, TPTB want to vaccinate even children now for this flu!

Australia's legislation plans are pretty radical, and scary! I think there is a thread on it here on ATS...
www.news.com.au...

[edit on 18-6-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Influenza A(H1N1) - update 50

Cumulative total Newly confirmed since the last reporting period
Cases Deaths Cases Deaths
Grand Total 39620 167 3692 4
www.who.int...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Indicators of what this fall will be like...with the novel Swine Flu...

South Africa's first swine flu case - a 12-year-old boy who flew in from the US - has been confirmed.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Swine flu-struck cruise ship heads for Aruba with 900 passengers.
Barbados, Grenada refused to let passengers leave ship

CARACAS, June 18 (Reuters) - A Spanish cruise ship hit by an outbreak of the H1N1 flu virus among its crew headed for its final stop at the Caribbean island of Aruba on Thursday, the ship operator said.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I reported this death a few days ago when it was suspected death of swine flu. It has now been confirmed.

State says 28-year-old police officer’s death in Macomb influenza A(H1N1) related

The Michigan Department of Community Health today confirmed the death of a 28-year-old Madison Heights police officer, and Macomb County resident, from inluenza A(H1N1). The officer becomes the state’s second confirmed death from the virus, once called swine flu.

MDCH says the officer had “underlying health conditions,” but spokesperson James McCurtis said he could not elaborate on what those conditions were. .

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Health workers didn't take swine flu precautions

ATLANTA (AP) - The first study of U.S. health care workers with swine flu found many didn't do enough to protect themselves against the virus.

Researchers focused on 13 nurses and other health care workers who were likely infected at work. Only half always wore gloves. Even fewer routinely wore other protection around patients who might have the virus.

Early in the pandemic, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said health care workers should wear gloves, gowns, eye protection and respirator masks when dealing with patients suspected of having swine flu.

The CDC also advised sick workers to stay home.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Early on in this report/thread, I had talked about my Grandfather who fell ill in the hospital after a minor surgery and was admitted to ICU.

Long short of the deal, not a single test was run on him for the flu virus and when asked the DR said it would take longer to test and more expensive than to just go ahead and treat him 'as if'.

On one of the days I noticed that many of the Patients were wearing masks but the staff was not using any form of universal precautions against the spread of the potential virus.

I even walked past the Charge Nurse talking with a rep from what I figured was HS or the health dept. Anyway I walked past as they were talking in hushed tones and the CN was stating that they have only seen 'mild' cases, stressing mild.

For me it was a very big deal as i had gone into shut down mode with my family and even suffered the agony of not being with my Grandfather during his prostrate surgery.

Being ostracized and treated like a freak among all of my family, friends, school system and neighbors who I warned to stay in until the virus ran its course about 7-10 days which only fell on deaf ears and dull minds.

This flu did not follow the natural course of viruses in my part of the country but others seemed to just accept it and choose to see it as normal.

I personally blame the Bureau of Propaganda directly for that and will blame them again in the fall as millions flock to schools and centers for inoculations which could not possibly ever contain such a new strain.

This is potentially the biggest conspiracy ever perpetuated upon humanity and will have lingering effects which indubitably are going to fill child agencies and prisons with parents that will refuse to have their children vaccinated.

We must take evasive action now to thwart any planned mass forced programs that will surely create a nightmare scenario for many years to come.

"What" is in the vaccine? That is the real question. How many of the elites children will be exempted from the 'program'?

We will continue to remain on top of this story and with members like Sofi-crow and others here in this very thread including the Op and the rest, ATS stands to be the forefront runners in the dissemination of truth, lets just hope it will be enough.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

The truth is almost everyone has underlying medical conditions which become complicated after contracting this virus, it attacks the lungs.

It is a serious day when this type of report goes practically unnoticed and my greatest concern is not the virus itself but the continued ignorance in the spread of this "MILD" flu.

I am personally sick of hearing the statistics of flu related deaths, never before have they discussed mass forced vaccinations, and that stands alone and speaks volumes of what we are going to face in the fall prior to the real flu season.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Hi antar, good to hear from you!
Nice post!
We already know that the governement may use non approved adjuvants in this vaccine if "they" deem it necessary. This was on Alex Jones site today...thought I would pass it on here.

Something peculiar is going on: The Bilderberg meeting wanted to appoint the WHO as the Health Ministry of the UN world government. Now an unprecedented hype is taking place: A non-existing risk of a pandemic flu is being blown up out of all proportions by the WHO – and without any measures being taken! Does this New World Order organisation with a very dubious reputation (its first director was Brock Chisholm – founder of the World Federation for Mental Hygiene, which has scuppered our culture) play a trump card to promote itself in the New World Order? It might be inspired by looking at the successes based on lies like the climate lie, the home made terrorism, and now the also home made financial crisis as for financial gains and promotion of the New World Order. Then the conclusion that you can really achieve great results in terms of world government by mendacious scaremongering seems inevitable!!

Many adjuvants have been banned and proven harmful to humans!

Micropaleontologist Dr. Viera Scheibner conducted research into the adverse effects of adjuvants in vaccines and wrote: Squalene “contributed to the cascade of reactions called “ Gulf War syndrome.

GIs developed arthritis, fibromyalgia, lymphadenopathy, rashes, photosensitive rashes, malar rashes, chronic fatigue, chronic headaches, abnormal body hair loss, non-healing skin lesions, aphthous ulcers, dizziness, weakness, memory loss, seizures, mood changes, neuropsychiatric problems, anti-thyroid effects, anaemia, elevated ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate), systemic lupus erythematosus, multiple sclerosis, deadly Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Raynaud’s phenomenon with paroxysms of lack of blood in fingers and toes in fingers and toes, Sjorgren’s syndrome with blurred vision, chronic diarrhea, night sweats and low-grade fever.”
www.infowars.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Excuse my ignorance but adjuvants, are they the mix they use in the vaccines? If this report is true than this could be the possible base for why people should not accept the vaccines, but how to get the info out there in mass so that they will listen for a change.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Swine flu cases rise to 13 in the north.

www.breakingnews.ie...

[edit on 18-6-2009 by James Random]

top topics

<< 203  204  205    207  208  209 >>

join