It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious U.S. Swine Flu Probe Widens as Mexico Finds Swine Flu *updated*

page: 204
<< 201  202  203    205  206  207 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieSlayer

Where did the 7th come from?

All I have is 6 as of the 15th with multiple sources?

Can you provide more Intel?

Canada records 6th swine flu death
www.upi.com...

Quebec Reports Two New A H1N1 Deaths Over The Weekend
June 15, 2009 8:46 a.m. EST
www.allheadlinenews.com...

Is this the 7th?

If so this was a real quiet article...I had to search for it...

Fourth death from H1N1 in Quebec
Mon Jun. 15 2009 5:13:04 PM
montreal.ctv.ca...

Quebec Public Health officials announced Monday that a fourth Quebecer who contracted the H1N1 flu virus has died.

The death occurred in the Laurentians last Friday. The victim was aged between 10 and 19 years old. Officials would not give more details, including whether or not the victim had an underlying illness.

Dr Alain Poirier, director of Public Health for Quebec, said most cases of H1N1 are in the age group of 10 to 19 years old. The second most cases are found in those aged 20 to 29.

Officials confirmed 94 new cases Monday, bringing the total number of cases to 967. Ten of the new cases had to be hospitalized bringing the total to 134 since the outbreak began.

[edit on 6/15/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Ok...NOW is anybody listening!!!!

Two swine flu deaths reported on LI
www.newsday.com...

Long Island has its first deaths from swine flu.

Two Brookhaven residents died last week of the virus, Suffolk County Health Commissioner Dr. Humayun Chaudhry announced Monday.

They were a middle-aged man and woman, and unrelated to each other, he said.

Chaudhry said a man with serious underlying medical condition was hospitalized two weeks ago for multiple problems, including pneumonia. He died on June 10.

The woman, also with multiple underlying medical conditions, developed a fever, dry cough and a sore throat on June 6. On June 8 she visited her doctor, who sent a nose and throat specimen to test for the swine flu virus, and prescribed medication for a presumed respiratory infection, according to a statement from Chaudhry's office. The woman reported feeling better the next morning, but she died that day - June 9.

Suffolk has had 81 confirmed cases of the swine flu; Nassau, 68.

Pike County woman, who tested positive for swine flu, dies at Orange County hospital; Ulster has more cases
www.midhudsonnews.com...

PORT JERVIS – A 48-year-old Pike County woman, who was brought to Bon Secours Hospital in Port Jervis Friday, has died and Orange County Health officials said it appears she had swine flu.

Orange County spokesman Richard Mayfield said the woman, who had an underlying health condition, was brought to the hospital for treatment.

She succumbed to her illnesses on Sunday, he said.

Meanwhile, Ulster County officials announce there are two more confirmed cases of swine flu there.

That brings to three the total number of cases.

Public officials across the region, state and nation are monitoring the swine flu situation closely.

BREAKING NEWS: Swine flu claims life of Essex County man
www.phillyburbs.com...

A 49-year old man died Saturday after contracting H1N1 influenza, also known as Swine Flu.

State Health and Senior Services Commissioner Heather Howard announced the fatality during a press conference in Trenton this afternoon.

She said the man became ill May 30 and went to the hospital June 2 with pneumonia symptoms. He died at Mountside Hospital in Montclaire Saturday.

“Our prayers and thoughts go out to this man’s family,” she said.

She did not have additional information on the man, but said he had multiple underlying health conditions.

There are 320 confirmed cases of H1N1 in the state and 194 probable cases, including 12 confirmed cases in Burlington County.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Thanks for the great work you're doing, bringing us all these information!

I try to read most of it! - but right now I have my *** full with the developments in Iran!

Keep up the good work!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

First Swine Flu Death In King County Reported
www.kirotv.com...

KING COUNTY, WA -- A Seattle man in his 70's who had multiple underlying health conditions died last Thursday from complications of H1N1 influenza.

The death is the first reported H1N1 death in King County.

Tests from the state lab confirmed today that the man had the H1N1 virus.

The death is the third in the state.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
Ok...NOW is anybody listening!!!!

The woman, also with multiple underlying medical conditions, developed a fever, dry cough and a sore throat on June 6. On June 8 she visited her doctor, who sent a nose and throat specimen to test for the swine flu virus, and prescribed medication for a presumed respiratory infection, according to a statement from Chaudhry's office. The woman reported feeling better the next morning, but she died that day - June 9.

Of course I am HX. I know of several people with the flu currently with that exact situation. Thankfully, they do appear to be actually improving. Scary stuff.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by EDteach]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
First death in Argentina...

www.google.com...

"BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (AP) — Argentina's health minister says a 3-month-old infant has died of swine flu, the country's first fatality from the disease.
Graciela Ocana tells a news conference the child died in a Buenos Aires hospital, becoming South America's fourth fatality from the virus. Chile has seen two deaths, and Colombia one.
She says four other patients are in intensive care. A health ministry statement Monday said there were 89 more confirmed cases, bringing Argentina's total to 733. Neighboring Chile has 2,335 swine flu cases.
Argentina's government rejected suspending classes despite acknowledging that 48 schools had produced confirmed swine flu cases."

---###---

Third death in Connecticut...

www.thehour.com...

"Waterbury Hospital says a woman in her early 40s became Connecticut's third swine flu fatality Monday.

The hospital said the woman had been admitted to the hospital with respiratory problems and she later tested positive for the virus.

Dr. Steve Aronin says the woman did have a few other health conditions that could have contributed to lowering her body's ability to fight off the swine flu.

As of June 11, the state Department of Public Health has reported 637 confirmed cases of the flu."

The new cases come at the onset of the South American winter flu season."

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Two Hidalgo County residents die from swine flu

EDINBURG - Test results confirmed Monday that two Hidalgo County residents who died in hospitals earlier this month had swine flu.

The deaths - the first two reported in Hidalgo County from the H1N1 swine flu virus - may be due to underlying health conditions for the victims: a teenage boy and a woman in her 30s.

Pending tests will confirm whether the conditions contributed to their deaths, said Dr. Brian Smith, a Texas Department of State Health Services regional director who oversees the Rio Grande Valley. But with the number of confirmed cases of swine flu in the county spilling over 500 - the highest in the state - the pandemic is ongoing

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Sospechan que mujer murió de A H1N1 en hospital Escuela

Translated with google translate

Tegucigalpa Yesterday, the number of suspicious deaths had risen to two.

One victim is a woman of 59 years who was admitted on Saturday June 13, at 4:25 in the afternoon, the emergency room of Hospital Escuela.

The female died on Sunday June 14th at 10:25 in the morning, ie, just a few hours later.

Dr. Tito Alvarado said last night that the case was negative, while recognizing that the patient arrived with an infectious pulmonary process. However, revealed that women had heart ailments.

The second case is another investigation in pregnant women from the area of Copan, who according to disclosures presented in the table generated by the virus symptoms.

It was also learned that the domestic partner of the deceased remains hospitalized with the same characteristics of the influenza A H1N1 infection.

Carlos Aguilar, Minister of Health, explained that both cases were under investigation, should gather evidence before it.

"At this moment we are waiting for more than 40 tests that have accumulated and will be revealed this week," said Aguilar.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Confirma SSJ, muerte de menor fue por influenza A H1N1

Translated with google translate

GUADALAJARA, JALISCO .- The Ministry of Health Confirms Jalisco (SSJ), the third death from H1N1 influenza A in the state, which will join three deaths for the same cause since it started the epidemiological alert.

At a news conference, the Director of Public Health, Elizabeth Ulloa Robles reported that the death occurred on Saturday in a child of 10 years, who remained for nearly two months in the New Civil Hospital, was for human influenza. .

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
H1N1 flu claims 5th Utah victim

A fifth Utahn is dead as a result of the novel influenza strain H1N1, in the midst of what the state epidemiologist calls a "very active outbreak in Utah."

A Salt Lake Valley Health official confirmed that a 58-year-old woman died Monday morning in a Salt Lake area hospital. SLVHD spokeswoman Pam Davenport said the woman had a "history of underlying health conditions that may have contributed to her death," which is typical but not always the case with influenza-related deaths.
."

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Wow, read this.

Swine flu party

Dr Jennings says while somebody who has already had swine flu will be immune to the virus, it is not known whether it will further evolve.

-----------------

So Will people be able to skip taking the Vaccine from China if they had the flu already? Interesting.

PS look to Hong Kong numbers to double overnight.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
WOW! I logged in to get the latest H1N1 info and just looked through the last 2 pages only to find that most of the the posts are reporting more deaths.

Last time I looked there were minimal deaths although the flu was still spreading quite rapidly. Are the amount of deaths increasing?

I'll go and read back a few more pages to catch up a bit more but from the last 2 pages but from pg 203 and 204 it appears as if there are more deaths being reported.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Confirmed Type-A (H1N1) flu cases rise to 310

The confirmed case of Type-A (H1N1) influenza cases in Thailand has risen to 310, Deputy Public Health Minister Manit Nopamornbodi announced Tuesday. He said the Public Health Ministry will Tuesday hold a meeting of doctors nationwide to make preparations to cope with the more outbreaks. Despite the increase of the cases, Manit pleaded the public not to panic. The Nation

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   

www.pocononews.net...

Pike County woman dead, tested positive for swine flu

PORT JERVIS NY- A 48-year-old Pike County woman, who had an underlying health condition, was brought to the hospital for treatment Friday and died Sunday.

Orange County spokesman Richard Mayfield said the woman was brought to the hospital for treatment. The Orange County Health Department received confirmation that the woman was admitted to the hospital with underlying medical conditions. The tests came back that it was conclusive that she had swine flu, he said.

The name of the woman has not been released. Federal privacy rules prevent disclosure of information without consent of the victim or immediate family.

Pennsylvania state health officials said as of late Monday, there are four confirmed and two probable cases of swine flu in Pike County. Wayne County has its first probable case. Monroe County has 71 cases today, including 34 confirmed and 37 probable.

www.startribune.com...

She was 5 years old, medically fragile and born with a poor immune system. So she was, in her mother's words, a prime candidate to succumb to the dangers of the swine flu.

Last week, the Minneapolis girl -- who has not been publicly identified -- died a day after she was hospitalized, the first death in Minnesota associated with swine flu.

www.orilliapacket.com...

33 new cases of swine flu confirmed in Manitoba as system feels stress

SWINE FLU: Extra staff to work at St. Boniface General Hospital to deal with sick in intensive care units

As 33 new confirmed cases of the H1N1 influenza virus in Manitoba were announced yesterday, officials work to manage stresses on the health system.

Last Wednesday, the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority started moving elective surgeries from St. Boniface General Hospital to the Victoria General Hospital to allow extra staff for the intensive care units treating patients with severe influenza.

"It's so we can free up staff in the recovery room area if the intensive care nurses are not enough, because they have a similar skill set," said Jan Currie, vice-president and chief nursing officer for the WRHA. "Staff at Victoria, because they have smaller numbers of influenza cases, aren't in that situation."

The new cases bring the total in the province to 152.

Manitoba's chief medical officer of health, Dr. Joel Kettner, said one to three new cases per day of serious influenza-like illness are requiring admission to hospital intensive care units. He said suspected serious flu-like illness should be treated quickly.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by Aqwart]

[edit on 16-6-2009 by Aqwart]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Oh yes HX you know some of us have been listening since day one.
It was even nice to see ecoparity come back here for a hot second.

Now the death count is going up publicly... All I can say is Learn more about rife machines. I trust mine with my life.

Still.... it is a freaky thing to watch this virus go supernova like this.. I mean I was expecting it but still...

I shall continue to check in.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Anyway.

WHO reports 163 deaths, but Polish National Institute of Public Health says, it is 184:

www.pzh.gov.pl...

(ZGONY means deaths)

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Maya00a

The published deaths have increased over the past week. Here are the totals for each day in the US. I apologize for the formatting, but I think the report is still understandable.

4/27/2009
COUNT OF DEATH:: 1
5/5/2009
5/6/2009
COUNT OF DEATH:: 2
5/13/2009
5/14/2009
5/15/2009
5/17/2009
COUNT OF DEATH:: 3
5/19/2009
5/20/2009
5/23/2009
5/24/2009
5/26/2009
5/27/2009
5/28/2009
5/29/2009
5/30/2009
6/1/2009
6/2/2009
6/3/2009
6/4/2009
COUNT OF DEATH:: 4
6/5/2009
6/6/2009
6/7/2009
6/8/2009
COUNT OF DEATH:: 6
6/9/2009
6/10/2009
COUNT OF DEATH:: 6
6/11/2009
COUNT OF DEATH:: 5
6/12/2009
COUNT OF DEATH:: 7
6/13/2009
6/14/2009
6/15/2009 58 F UT
COUNT OF DEATH:: 78

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
[edit on 16-6-2009 by JBA2848]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Miami-Dade Health Department reports 9-year old boy died from Swine Flu

from tweetdeck

Florida confirms 1st swine flu death

MIAMI (AP) - Florida health officials have confirmed the state's first swine flu death.

The Florida Department of Health said Tuesday the victim was a 9-year-old Miami-Dade County boy. No other information was released.

State health officials say Florida currently has 417 confirmed cases of the swine flu virus, including 143 in Miami-Dade County.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by JBA2848]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Where? I'm guessing Quebec as that's where the 3 newest cases since June 15th have been.

The Public Health Agency is the #1 source for Canadian swine flu statistics. That's where all the media sources & WHO get their info from for updated confirmed Canadian statistics. There's a chart with all the intel. They update it every Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ 4pm (EDT). I posted the link. Here it is again though.

www.phac-aspc.gc.ca...

I haven't been able to spend much time on the net the past 2 weeks but I check all your posts almost every night for updates before hitting the sack. 2 months of daily posting of swine flu articles, you're a machine dude
Keep up the good work H3X.

new topics

top topics

<< 201  202  203    205  206  207 >>

join