It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are there so many crazy people on ATS!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I love ATS. You can have some great discussions and challenge your thinking. Whoever designed this website did a great job.

BUT
Why are there so many crazy people on ATS. You know the ones. People that start a thread with some ridiculous statement like "Evolutionists Are Heathens." Even that would be ok but then when you ask them to define why they think that way they take the "its for me to know and you to find out approach."

In addition, you get the folks with the outlandish claims kind of akin to starting a thread titled "Monkeys Just Flew Out My Butt." Still that would be ok, but they NEVER have evidence to back it up, or if they do its something like so and so on some website said monkeys flew out his butt, so it happens all the time.

So lets try to understand this mindset together and find out which, if any, psychological diseases these people may suffer from. Plus, add any good examples you have of crazy threads or crazy members. However, we probably shouldnt name name's just to protect the identity of the non-innocent.

[edit on 23-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Probably because there are about 7 billion of us on this planet, and with that many people it is likely that there will be weirdos, nutjobs, ignorant people, etc, in just about every group you find.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

Yeah but there is a higher percentage of whack jobs on here. Like how many people do you see at work running around acting so crazy.

By the way how did you make that picture of Bush/Obama smashed together? It looks like a friend of mine.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I'd assume lack of attention in early stages of mind development, and internet cahones.

Things you cannot say in public because of responses, you can say on the internet without fear of anything physically.

This later developed into real life cahones, gets you thus the naked wizard guy. Who thinks it is now okay to act in real life as you immaturaly do on the internet.

I've seen tons of blogs, off of ATS, they are the most childish adults you will ever see. Period. ATS is a very blessed site and well created and monitored. I have once been knocked down 1,000 points before, but I want to stay on here so, I'm alot better now!

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Lol, I have been knocked down a few points myself. Sometimes they craziness just gets under your skin. I do agree that they do a good job of monitoring all of this stuff. I can honestly say that everytime I have gotten busted on here I deserved it.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

Websites like this and the mainstream media survive by attracting visitors with controversy, it would be a dead site without arguments! Though many posters appear as hell bent on breathing life into proposed Internet censorship as they are on complaining about it.

Don't be surprised if some of the more whacked comments strike you as being deliberate, there are people who get paid in this life to strike up the band. I think several of them are jumping between sites.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
reply to post by Diplomat

Yeah but there is a higher percentage of whack jobs on here.

You got any proof for that?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hey but be careful! If you roll your eyes at the ridiculous stuff, or are even the least bit sceptical, you'll be accused of being a disinfo agent, or worse!

More seriously, I feel that that sort of thing just creates a high noise ratio here. A thing that really discourages me. If I wanted to read threads about how "I'm a 6000 year old monk ask me anything!", I know other places I could go for that nonsense.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The majority of the people on this forum are not crazy... From what I've seen so far. The ones you are referring to might not even be crazy. You might very well be brainwashed by the NWO into thinking people with certain viewpoints are crazy... When in fact, they are far from it.

Just be aware of that...

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I'm a fan of this site myself but agree with your observation.

Many speak of the 'enlightened' on here...but it sure as hell reads about like any other message board with the trolls and nutjobs.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I know it's so strange, everywhere you turn there are atheists!!

But besides them, I don't see crazy people all that often. I don't even click on the really strange sounding threads.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Ya know. You don't have to read a thread if it says monkeys flew out my butt.

I live in an area where it seems just about everybody builds a church, no matter how small or how many already exist. And there's lots of methheads and meth busts, and lots of just plain weirdness about. I come to ATS to get away from these crazies all around me.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sliceNodice
The majority of the people on this forum are not crazy... From what I've seen so far. The ones you are referring to might not even be crazy. You might very well be brainwashed by the NWO into thinking people with certain viewpoints are crazy... When in fact, they are far from it.

Just be aware of that...

Were you arguing for or against the premise of the OP? Just wonderin'.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
To address your original query, i.e., "why so many crazies?"
It may well be that we enjoy your company.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Ah well, "crazy" is all a matter of perspective, ain't it?

The argument could be made that ATS members are not, on the whole, more insane than the rest of the world--that they just express it freely in our open online forum. Remember: many of our buttoned-up associates are raving lunatics when the curtains are pulled shut.

To be honest, I quite enjoy the periodic "A blue dinosaur named Fred has taken up residence in my chimney!" posts; they add a bit of colour to a sometimes oppressively negative realm.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jadette
Hey but be careful! If you roll your eyes at the ridiculous stuff, or are even the least bit sceptical, you'll be accused of being a disinfo agent, or worse!

Yeah, Ive been on the recieving end of that on an extremely frequent basis, (over one particular topic), even though I do believe in some conspiracies. Usually the disinfo label is used when someone has exhausted all their arguments and their sources have been debunked

To the OP, I guess we need "nuts" as well as we need skeptics. This way, we can get a non-biased thread with varying avenues to be investigated

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
www.dict.org...

Crazy \Cra"zy\ (kr[=a]"z[y^]), a. [From Craze.]
1. Characterized by weakness or feebleness; decrepit; broken;
falling to decay; shaky; unsafe.
[1913 Webster]

Craze \Craze\, v. i.
1. To be crazed, or to act or appear as one that is crazed;
to rave; to become insane.
[1913 Webster]

You define the majority here as such?

After growing up watching shows such as leave it to beaver and the brady bunch, I would call crazy (defined above) as the producers, writers, etc. of shows such as South Park and Jerry Springer, as well as the guests whether animated renderings of real persons or those real people involved in scandalous private matters.

Sensationalising disfunction is but a tool. It's use is calculated.

Same with regurgitating craziness.

I've seen some threads and exchanges that are of no value. Some may feel that way about certain threads I have started, but crazy?

The majesty of the internet and personal PC is that you can, with the click of the mouse, move on.

Maybe reading a good novel is harder since the constant and avalable information is neverending on the web, and that, over time, lessens attention span that reading a book demands. Does that mean it is crazy to read a book when you can flick, twitter, tweet, text, browse and chat? or vice versa?

in that content, everyone is crazy,
except for me of course.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LAUGHING-CAT

Thanks. I enjoy your company as well.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I come here to state thoughts and opinions that either wish I didn't have because they scare me or would end up in my being ostracized in personal circles. I don't come here with any serious goals in mind nor to convince others of anything since that appears to be futile most of the time no matter how well referenced it may be.

In short, it's an outlet for my personal paranoia and wild speculations. Sometimes I'll dump a real experience or two in a post.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred

Ya know. You don't have to read a thread if it says monkeys flew out my butt.

The sad thing is that I suffer from a mental illness that makes me read a thread like "Monkies flew out my butt". What is this illness that I suffer from called.

Its just like when you are surfing channels and you get a glimpse of Jerry Springer and the title is "My mom had puppies after she had sex with my dog brother in our double wide while I watched." You have to watch.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join