Why are there so many crazy people on ATS!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
You're a wacko until you believe pretty much the same things that I do.... Then you become a dedicated researcher.

Just kidding.

It does seem to me that lately we've gotten a lot of posts that don't have the background material that used to be presented.

My opinion is if there is no proof, you may have an interesting story but that's all it is.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The mind is a freaky thing and we all behave based on experiences but not everybody has the same experiences.
P.S I am a nutjob.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by Jadette
Hey but be careful! If you roll your eyes at the ridiculous stuff, or are even the least bit sceptical, you'll be accused of being a disinfo agent, or worse!

Yeah, Ive been on the recieving end of that on an extremely frequent basis, (over one particular topic), even though I do believe in some conspiracies. Usually the disinfo label is used when someone has exhausted all their arguments and their sources have been debunked

To the OP, I guess we need "nuts" as well as we need skeptics. This way, we can get a non-biased thread with varying avenues to be investigated

Oh yeah I forgot that classic. They say something totally impossible or that defies physics or the laws of nature, and then you disagree with proof from a well respected source, and next thing you know you are a disinfo agent or part of the NWO or the devil himself.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
For those of us who are constantly endangered by monkeys flying out of our butts, this could be construed as a personal attack.

However, in the interest of discourse, I'll let it go.

The truth is, everyone else really IS crazy.

I'm the only one who has it clear and distinct. And it's truly a burden.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The crazier the idea the more people are going to confront them about their position and argue their own.

My biggest concern is WHY do people bother to reply to posts about monkeys flying out of someone's butt? A topic like that's sure to be right up at the top of the page for at least a day.

I say, DON'T FEED THE TROLLS. Let the topic die the death it rightly deserves.

By the way, star & flag.

[edit on 23-4-2009 by LazyGuy]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LazyGuy

I understand your advice to not feed the trolls, but its so hard to do. Its like when you are at the zoo and you are standing there with a pocket full of steak and there is a cage full of lions in front of you. You have to feed them.

Ok my favorties are the people with delusions of granduer. Like the ones that are better than the rest of us because they know God, or Aliens, or Monkeys personally so they have the scoop.

From that subgroup of people my favs are the ones that ramble about some feeling or thought we should all have, maybe they throw in a few real scriptures and a couple of made up ones to support the cause. But its ok in their mind because they know the truth, and the way, and the light and they are helping us out by blessing us with their wisdom that no one can understand because it only makes sense to them.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I just want to say that this thread is meant to just be good natured fun. We can all have a laugh at ourselves and each other and vent a bit.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

I gotta agree, sometimes it's just TOO TEMPTING not to add a little sanity to a thread.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LazyGuy

Exactly. Its like bait to a fish. You know you are going to get hooked but you have to try just to see if you might catch a free meal.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

You must live in Florida. That sounds a lot like Leesburg, Deltona, Miami and Jacksonville!

Meth lab, meth lab, KABOOM!!!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude

Originally posted by kyred

Ya know. You don't have to read a thread if it says monkeys flew out my butt.

The sad thing is that I suffer from a mental illness that makes me read a thread like "Monkies flew out my butt". What is this illness that I suffer from called.

Its just like when you are surfing channels and you get a glimpse of Jerry Springer and the title is "My mom had puppies after she had sex with my dog brother in our double wide while I watched." You have to watch.

[edit on 23-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

So really, if you think about it.......all these people we call crazy, creating threads with these insane titles that you just can't ignore.....are geniuses preying on our minds...
They know it'll trick us normal folk into reading their 'insane' threads and slowly bring us over to the dark side.
It's a conspiracy. Trust me. The reptilians make them do it.....I saw it in a dream.
Don't resist it, it's too late now anyhow.
And anyways, sanity is over-rated.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12
I know it's so strange, everywhere you turn there are atheists!!

But besides them, I don't see crazy people all that often. I don't even click on the really strange sounding threads.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

From that subgroup of people my favs are the ones that ramble about some feeling or thought we should all have, maybe they throw in a few real scriptures and a couple of made up ones to support the cause. But its ok in their mind because they know the truth, and the way, and the light and they are helping us out by blessing us with their wisdom that no one can understand because it only makes sense to them.

At least they can say they tried and that if you don't get it, it's your problem, not theirs. I think they feel it frees them from the karma of withholding wealth in the form of wisdom. Then again, maybe I overestimate their generosity and it really is just to verbally pummel you for not believing the same thing they do. Finally, I settle on the possibility that both kinds are present.

A few "monkeys flying out my butt" threads aren't so bad since they make you question the human condition (or perform a diagnosis) much like you are now. Your world expands a bit each day.

The most rewarding thing for me is to try to figure out just how a person could actually honestly think a monkey flew out their butt. Perhaps that exercise causes neurological damage; I'm not sure.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12
I know it's so strange, everywhere you turn there are atheists!!

Bite me sir. Please!

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Lol, that is great. That is the attraction to crazy threads. Its trying to understand why someone could think that. Plus, in the back of your mind you are kind of thinking the world would be a better place if Monkies could fly out of someones butt.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

what he said!!!

and he got a start lol

/me runs about naked in his room shouting ats ats ATS BABYY!!!! hehe

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

reply to post by EnlightenUp

Lol, that is great. That is the attraction to crazy threads. Its trying to understand why someone could think that. Plus, in the back of your mind you are kind of thinking the world would be a better place if Monkies could fly out of someones butt.

For me, there is always that ominous feeling in the back of my mind, however unlikely it may be, that on 00:00 hrs, 12/21/12 that I may be abruptly awakened by a panicked and flailing winged monkey under my bedsheets.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUpFor me, there is always that ominous feeling in the back of my mind, however unlikely it may be, that on 00:00 hrs, 12/21/12 that I may be abruptly awakened by a panicked and flailing winged monkey under my bedsheets.

I had a one word reply, "Depends", ready to go.

However, that would be a faux pas, so I'll just say "Thanks for the word picture."

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Good sir you are a sheep. We ATSers are not crazy, We are the first and last line of defense against Terror, The government, Lower astrals, aliens, and Hollow earth residents.

Let me share my story of enlightenment with you

A few weeks my psychologist Diagnosed me with Paranoid Schizophrenia. I believed him at first, But when I went home my cat told me It was all a lie and I was being influenced by the godless liberal/Communist know as Barack HUSSEIN Obama. So I journeyed into the desert and deprived myself of food, water and sleep for 12 days to cleanse my body. While I was there I received a vision from a higher astal named Glenn Beck , He told me that on December 21, 2012 Barack Obama would reveal that he is a pawn of Cthulhu and Nibru is in fact R'lyeh. Yeah that's Right its a planet not a sunken city, Lovecraft was a disinfo agent. He told me to avoid microwaves, cell phones, Liberals, Cooked food, Meat, medication and personal Hygiene products. He also commanded me to form a militia and spend my life savings on guns and cat food (My cat is a prophet). Ill be prepared when Cthulhu and his demon/alien/NWO army starts dragging people from their homes, you wont be.

lets hope Texas (AKA The only American state) secedes from the Union, So Chuck Norris and Jesus Can raise an army to stop them.

Go meditate so you can learn the secrets that have been Revealed to me.

Were the good guys dressed in Camo, remember that. Just in case we ever meet face to face and make contact. We Walk in shadow, move in silence, guard against extra-terrestrial violence. But yo we ain't on no government list, we straight don't exist - no names and no fingerprints. So don't fear us, cheer us,if you ever get near us, don't jeer us, we're fearless.

[edit on 23-4-2009 by Anubis_4400]

[edit on 23-4-2009 by Anubis_4400]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Because we need crazy people to make the rest of us look very sane!

No really, sane is boring. Crazy is fun!

But seriously, without crazy, life would be dull.

Then again, maybe the the alleged crazy are actually sane and the alleged sane are actually crazy.

Wait. What really is crazy? What is sane?

Hmmm.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join