It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Call From DHS Today. (I'm Canadian)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MajesticJax

On a side note: I hate trollers with a passion as you can tell from my posts in Bobbylove's threads over the past few months.

Also it's HE

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Picture of the caller ID is completely useless primary because anyone could take a picture of any call such as government survey which display government stuff on the phone when they call, I live in NB too and we get alot of these... and secondly because any phone number can be spoofed to appear to come from anywhere you want without any external services like someone found on yahoo...

It can just be spoofed to display ANY number and name whatsoever you just need the "proper equipment" which i wont really disclose because i dont have any interest in being woke up one morning with shotguns under my nose... but anyone that knows how could call him with a fbi, governement, or any number like 000-000-0000 666-666-6666 i used to prank a friend of mine calling him with 666-666-6666 pretending to be Satan saying his pact payment was past due and his soul payment had to be done within 24 business hours...

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

We use VOIP too. Now, I know all systems aren't the same, but most that I've seen are still set up with a switchboard phone which would obviously be overloaded with all the calls for the day, but then the extensions at each desk display only the CID of the calls directed to that specific line. Maybe it's just me, but I figure if you are n't the "switchboard operator" and actually have your own extension, it shouldn't be a huge problem. Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait for that email :/

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by _R4t_

I'm aware of spoofing and everything else. Like I said, all it would do is answer the questions brought up when he seemed to give two different explanations of what appeared on the caller id. My coller id shows a date and time for the call too, so, I still believe it might give SOME validity to the claim.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
perhaps to explain that point yes maybe it could provide information on if the call took place or not but I mean a technical point of view it provide no real useful data to investigate with
pardon my nerdishness

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
OK tothetenthpower, I'm going home now, but I will be back in the office in the am- I HOPE you can produce your FBI letter.

We will all be waiting for it.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
OP I have no reason not to believe you. I went to your profile and researched your activity here on this site. You seem squared away to me.

But I do believe you have been the object of a prank.

You do not and probably should not entertain any calls from any source that claims to be a government agency.

Ask for their name and badge number and agree to meet the caller in a public place where you will feel comfortable.

This will work if the caller is legitimate. I know, I've had a few occasions to meet with government agents.

If they refuse to identify themselves and meet you, hang up.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Well I am a man of my word, so I have returned to the office and found that email I received, mind you it wasn't easy ( our email server is currently going through some upgrades)

So I think I'm embedded this properly, if not I'll need help...

files.abovetopsecret.com...[/atsimg]]Email (ATS Media Portal)

I've omitted my perssonal information and left the bare basics.

~Keeper

[edit on 4/22/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Im sorry to nitpick. But this is what I do
lol

The email looks very off.

Can you provide the ORIGINAL email with headers and date stamp (a screen shot) because this looks like a new message being created (notice the edit options of font, color, etc and they used the same font as your default font) ready to be sent and not something you received. This is an outgoing email, not a received one. *confused*

[edit on 4/22/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I apologize the screenshot you see there is the archive email program we use. The program takes all emails that are deleted from our main Outlook server and transfer them here.

The reason it appears that way is because when they are transfered they appear only as solid txt, I had to hit the reply button to pull up that screen.

It's really the best I can do

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Here's what to do with the email because it looks like you are replying/forwarding it in order to edit out the personal information.

Next time you can just print out the original email, black out the personal info with a sharpie, scan, and post it back.

I believe this should satisfy further skepticism but of course I could be wrong.

[edit on 22 Apr 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Wow if this happened to me, remind me to never post about it here.

I don't think I could deal with the scrutiny. Anyway, so suppose the email is real and it is confirmed to everyones satisfaction, what then? We can say the email was real, ok...........

You are lucky to find that email. Most places I have worked, when email is transferred out it is gone from the employee for good.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by PowerSlave

I own the business so it's a little easier for me to get ahold of such things

But yeah, I'm attempting to find a way to do as the above poster said to print it off and re-scan it to post.

I'm having a problem getting this archiving program to print off this email, stupid IT people.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by PowerSlave

Yeah, posting personal experiences can be tough sometimes on a conspiracy website.

However the scrutiny serves to eliminate all possible or likely explanations and hopefully in the end we are left with is as close to the truth of the matter as is possible.

Most members who post such events expect this and in fact welcome it.

Usually the hoaxers will quickly go "the hell with you all, I don't need to prove anything to you" and let the matter drop.

I still believe the most likely explanation in this case is that some of tttp's friends, knowing of the FBI email, are playing a prank on him. However there is also the chance that this may all be exactly what it seems, in which case we are finding out more and more about the reach of US federal agencies into foreign jurisdictions. That in itself would be an interesting and somewhat alarming piece of information for our neighbors.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I’d call and ask if they sent the email. I don’t think I’d answer it.
www.fbi.gov...

AN INCREASE IN INTERNET SCHEMES CLAIMING TO BE FROM THE FBI

01/04/08—We have increasingly received reports of fraudulent schemes misrepresenting FBI agents, officials, and/or FBI Director Robert S. Mueller, III. The fraudulent e-mails give the appearance of legitimacy due to the usage of pictures of the FBI Director, seal, letterhead, and/or banners. The e-mails may also claim to come from our domestic or overseas offices.

The types of schemes utilizing the names of FBI agents, officials, or the Director’s name are typically lottery endorsements and inheritance notifications. However, other fraudulent schemes include threat and extortion e-mails, website monitoring containing malicious computer program attachments (malware), and online auction scams.

The social engineering technique of utilizing the FBI’s name is to intimidate and convince the recipient the e-mail is legitimate.

The FBI does not send out emails soliciting information from citizens.

Please be cautious of any unsolicited e-mail referencing the FBI, FBI Director Mueller, or any other FBI official endorsing any type of Internet activity.

If you have experienced this situation please notify the IC3 by filing a complaint at www.ic3.gov

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

That's a very good piece of information, thank you. I was aware of some schemes way back in the day, but didn't think they were still having such problems.

It's odd, because we have an amazing spam filter here that catches mostly everything. perhaps the .gov address got through just out of standard.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   

It is EXTREMELY easy to spoof an e-mail address. The original header of the e-mail could provide more clarification. From my personal experience in the military and how they obtain information, personal information is not requested via e-mail or even telephone. I see the e-mail the same way I see the ones titled "You have won a UK Lottery!" The only difference is the letters FBI were included to grab your attention.

If you conducted any research into the gunsmithing program via the internet, it is very possible that spyware and cookies placed your e-mail address on spam list.

I would not provide any information in an e-mail or on the telephone. Such information will always be requested by 'snail mail' requiring a signature or in person.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Ha... I have been down this road and believe the OP. It is very hard to deal with an incident you have little "proof" of. Maybe that is what makes these type of interviews so appealing to the agencies that do them. For a quick refresher on what I went through check out this link. S&F for you OP. Good luck.

My experience defending my experience.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I'm so sick of this 'precrime' attitude the government have.

If you apply for a licence or course that requires vetting then you should be informed of that before you apply.

If not, then they have no business doing this. They are assuming criminality and putting the burden on you to prove you arn't a criminal.

If they think you may be a terrorist then let them investigate and gather evidence THEN come and arrest you when they have real probable cause.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I really hate to say it, but this sounds like complete horsepucky. The only way I can see this being legit is if the OP has a connection to the US that he is not telling us about. Do you have duel citizenship? Have you been charged with any crimes related to firearms here in Canada or in the US?

The DHS or the FBI or any other US department has ABSOLUTELY ZERO right to contact a Canadian citizen for any reason. If they had an issue with something we were doing they would contact the RCMP or CSIS, and a Canadian official would handle the case.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join