It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Call From DHS Today. (I'm Canadian)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Be sure and go very public with this.
Go talk to your town constable or mayor, send a letter to your local editor. Call your local police Department, and the school which you graduated from.
Let all of your personal friends and family know and then just relax.
Try and stay cool and level headed as it sounds like you could be getting the short end of the stick here.
How 'you' deal with it is how this will either take shape or end in a positive way for everyone.
Best of Luck to you.

link   
Oh and I found this, apparently all zero numbers also show up when someone uses spoofem.com.

I got this from answers.yahoo.

Hopefully this is what is happening here.

Edit to add:

[edit on 22 Apr 2009 by schrodingers dog]

link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I cannot provide a screenshot to the email at the moment (here come the flamers) however I can do so tomorrow as it's tied to my work email and I am not in the office today.

However as I stated above the FBI email was simply in enquiry into what I intended to do with such a course on American Soil. Apparently owning a gun shop requires special licenses and some sort of inspection.

I will provide a screenshot of the email as I can once I am in the office tomorrow.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Damn I thought I was the only new-brunswicker here

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by MajesticJax

By blocked number, there's obviously two things that show up on phones. The first is the name of the particular person, in this case Government Blocked ID and then the number which appeared as a series of 0's.

A little slip in the language is far from proof that I am trolling. Besides I have no reason to create useless threads unlike some people on here.

I created this to enquire if any other members or people have heard of such incidents occuring.

~Keeper

All 000s is not an indication of a government agency. I have received that from banks/creditors before.

But you said 1. it was blocked (there would be NO number) and then you said it was a government number - but that is impossible to know unless it says call from "such and such" which would then not be blocked.

But I will wait to see what the FBI said to you.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I have contacted a few of my journalist friends in the area and in the US and they stricly told me that there was no way they would be allowed to run a story about the DHS harassing a Canadian citizen.

Apparently they don't want people to know they're keeping tabs outside the boarder.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I cannot provide a screenshot to the email at the moment (here come the flamers) however I can do so tomorrow as it's tied to my work email and I am not in the office today.

However as I stated above the FBI email was simply in enquiry into what I intended to do with such a course on American Soil. Apparently owning a gun shop requires special licenses and some sort of inspection.

I will provide a screenshot of the email as I can once I am in the office tomorrow.

~Keeper

Ok, thanks! I look forward to seeing what those FBIers had to say over something so minute as you taking a legal class

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
For what it is worth, in my interactions with tothetenthpower I have never seen him/her be anything but forthright and honest.

He/she is not a member prone to make up stories to seek attention.

2c.

Edit to add: Here's a link addressing all zero numbers in the US.

[edit on 22 Apr 2009 by schrodingers dog]

It's worth a lot. Which is why I personally would like some more info, before I dismiss his/her thread entirely and ignore any further posts. We all have been guilty at one time or another of sensationalism, and if this is true, I would like to know what the hell DHS thinks it's up to, calling citizens who sign up for a class, refuse to give the subject any information about who they are, etc.

It just seems so far-fetched it plays out like someone's playing a joke on him/her, AS I KNOW HE/SHE KNOWS WE HERE AT ATS DO NOT FOOL EASILY!

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

The block I was reffering to was in response to the NAME associated with the number.

You all know how caller ID works, you get a call from Frank Smith, then undernearth the number is there. It's very possible to have Blocked ID and then a series of zeros if the number is privatized or government.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Which papers do they work for? There are a lot of papers who would just love to report on it provided you have documentation. FBI surveillance in Canada hasn't been covert since Vietnam. The only problem is that it is technically the CIA's province and those agencies are always at loggerheads.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Let me ask you this, did you tell any of your friends about the FBI email?

If you did there is really a good chance that they may be pranking you through a service such as spoofem.

It's worth considering.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MajesticJax

I actually appreciate the level of criticism I am receiving. I would be doing the same thing if I were presented with such a story.

This is the way of ATS and I am very proud that my fellow members are questioning things, so don't worry about offending me.

I am currently also looking into the matter myself, contacting friends and attempting to track the email I received as it doesn't come from any registered FBI account I can find.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticJaxHe claims it was all zeroe's. Which I have seen

The sending of Caller-ID data of all zeros is a trick common to telemarketers or those who want to hide their identity to bypass Caller-ID without using Privacy Protection. Generally calls that are received without Caller-ID data can be blocked, while those using Privacy Protection show up as "PRIVATE", but the system is flawed as it will let calls with invalid Caller-ID data through (as long as there is something there...the minimum it will allow is a phone number, even if all zeroes).

It's an old school trick that anyone can do and telemarketers routinely do. DHS could certainly do it...but why?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I received the email from the FBI about a week ago, it's quite routine really, not as invasive as the phone call I received.

I've told a few friends about it, none of which I think would go through the trouble of pranking me, however I do have my own doubts.

It seems a bit odd, now that I think about it, that they would refuse to identify themselves or not provide me with some sort of contact to send the information requested.

Again as I said, still looking into the matter.

The newspapers here were the Times and Transcripts and I can't remember the name of the one where my friend lives in Pheonix.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

So this was a very interesting day at the office for me.

I received a phone call at 10 AM from a blocked number.

WERE YOU AT THE OFFICE TODAY OR NOT?

Hmmmm. Is this ANOTHER inconsistency in your story? Do you really believe we don't scrutinize your posts???

1). Posting: You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate. You will not solicit personal information from any member. You will not use information gathered form this website to harass, abuse or harm other people.

You might wanna quit while you're ahead.

[edit on 22/4/09 by MajesticJax]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Email source can be tracked but it can be spoofed also making things difficult, as for the caller ID its pretty hard to trace origins of phone calls if the call is not currently connected or has been made very very recently depending on the switching equipment aliant use some switches keeps records in calling tables. Due to trust relationship between the switches it will basically trust the information it receive from the calling switch therefor thats why its possible to spoof anyone's phone number as example i could be calling you at home with your own phone number and if the call wouldn't originate from within the same switch its in theory untraceable...

On the other hand how bout pasting this email with the header so "we computer security enthusiast freaks" here can run a little investigation on the source

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticJax

So this was a very interesting day at the office for me.

I received a phone call at 10 AM from a blocked number.

WERE YOU AT THE OFFICE TODAY OR NOT?

Hmmmm. Is this ANOTHER inconsistency in your story? Do you really believe we don't scrutinize your posts???

1). Posting: You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate. You will not solicit personal information from any member. You will not use information gathered form this website to harass, abuse or harm other people.

You might wanna quit while you're ahead.

[edit on 22/4/09 by MajesticJax]

Wow you are pretty brutal in your level of scrutiny friend, how pleasent.

Yes I was in the office TODAY as in this morning to work my regular work day as I usually do monday through friday, however I do LEAVE the office at 4ish.

I am currently not in the office, perhaps I should have been a bit more precise with my timeframes.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
How about a quick picture of the Caller ID display from your phone? I know my phone holds the most recent 30 calls in the Caller ID memory. That would certainly clear up the confusion of blocked vs. unblocked.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Layla

That would be all kinds of usefull if my office wasn't set up on VOIP which hundreds of calls go through a day, alot of them from the government.

I can sure try tomorrow however as I am posting the email I received as well during that time.

I'm actually looking forward to having my IT people on a goose hunt for the sake of skeptics.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Layla
How about a quick picture of the Caller ID display from your phone? I know my phone holds the most recent 30 calls in the Caller ID memory. That would certainly clear up the confusion of blocked vs. unblocked.

He/She said the call was to their office. Guess we won't know til tomorrow!

On a side note, nothing I can find about tothetenthepower's previous posts heve ever involved deception. (That I can tell)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join