It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Call From DHS Today. (I'm Canadian)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
So this was a very interesting day at the office for me.

In the past couple of months me and my better half have been thinking about taking various courses in some old trades to bring in some extra money as well as have somethign else to do besides work and the kids.

I recently settled on a Gunsmithing course, as here in New Brunswick there are many hunters and few Gun Smiths to help service firearms. Now the course is a year long, mostly by corespondance.

I applied, had an interview and was immediatley accepted within the program. Now here comes in the interesting part.

I received a phone call at 10 AM from a blocked number. Usually I don't answer numbers I can't verify but luck of the draw I guess. I pick up the phone and person on the other line identifies himself as an agen of the Department Of Homeland Security.

He refused to provide me with a name, an address, his office name or any information at all. He requested all kinds of information on my recent activities in the past 6 months. He also wanted to know why I was interested in Gunsmithing, along with other "questionable" activities they had witnessed me partake in for the last 4 years.

Now I'm a bit stunned that DHS would want to know about the activities of a Canadian citizen, however I do own some property and businesses in the US. But the fact that they had a record of my activity going back 5 years is absurd!

Anybody else had these kind of incidents with FLEA agencies?

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Sounds like someone who knows you are into conspiracy theories, is playing a bad joke on you.

For one, I strongly suspect they just wouldn't up and call you. What would that accomplish, other than to alert you that they are watching you?

Secondly, if they identified themselves as working with DHS, why on earth wouldn't they give you a name, office number, etc., so that you could verify that information?

*67 blocks caller's numbers, and yes, it's available to non-spy agencies too.

No, Occam's Razor says it's a prank. And not a very good one either.

[edit on 22/4/09 by MajesticJax]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
He refused to provide me with a name, an address, his office name or any information at all. He requested all kinds of information on my recent activities in the past 6 months. He also wanted to know why I was interested in Gunsmithing, along with other "questionable" activities they had witnessed me partake in for the last 4 years.

I trust you didn't answer any of his questions ...

What was his excuse for not identifying himself and what did he say when you refused to answer him?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Ahhh your from New Brunswick, no wonder. King9072 takes no responsibility for what members on the east coast say.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I'm kinda skeptical about DHS making the call and not the FBI...but as you are a Canadian citizen, that is perhaps why.

I know post 9-11 when my 7 year old daughter wanted to continue flying High Powered Rockets we had to file for a BATF Explosives Permit for her. The FBI contacted my employer to inquire as to her known political affiliations, whether she had any known ties to terrorist organizations, or has spoken out publicly against the US government. It was the first time I ever heard my boss yell as he chewed out the agent over how ridiculous of questions these were about a 7 year old child and after insisting, got all the same info from him that you were denied by the DHS representative.

Government officials can lack basic reasoning and even some social skills, but they are never reluctant, when on official business, giving their name and contact information upon request. When they are doing their job on the up and up, they don't have anything to hide or fear. The only time a government official would withhold that information is if something unofficial is going on that they aren't supposed to be doing.

But, just like Creditors, Government officials prefer calling you at your workplace during normal business hours. I'm sure they have a reason for doing so.

Definitely a strange day at the office. I agree to that.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
1st of all and most obviously would be why would an AMERICAN law enforcement agency be bothering with someone in CANADA? If the guy really was a problem then DHS would ask the RCMP or his local police force to look into the matter.

2nd of all they would have identified themselves as Special Agent So and So as required by law.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MajesticJax

No, it wasn't any type of joke, not a Private number but it showed up as a government number.

As far as his questions I simply told him that he had no right to enquire about such things and he could look at my application for the course which states all the necessary information and reasons for taking the course.

He was actually quite persistent and said that refusal to cooperate would result in further investigation by local authorities.

I'm a little skeptic about that part, I don't think DHS has any sort of leway in little ol' New Brunswick.

I've also received email from the FBI enquiring about the issue, but they simply wanted to make sure that I would not be participating in this course in the US and wondered if I would be submitting an application to open Gunsmithing shops in the US as I am already a business owner there.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

This is quite baffling ...

In Virginia anyone can walk into a gun show with a driver's license and purchase whatever they want with no background check. Yet the FBI and DHS are interested in you because you took a gunsmithing course in Canada?

Was the correspondence school American?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

No but I travel to the US frequently as I own property and business there, which might be why I was red flagged.

I am as baffled as anybody.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I apologize if this is an inappropriate question but these are the times we live in ...

Are you per chance of Middle Eastern heritage?

I only ask to try and figure out why they have an interest in you. I can't imagine that every gunsmithing school in Canada would have to disclose the names of their students to American authorities. Though I guess one never knows.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
What is amazing is that these phone calls indicate to me that secretly NAU is already here, though they would loathe to bring that out in the open because they would be facing the worst crowds imaginable, and that NWO made an open gesture to you.

I would like to see them tarred and feathered and wonder when enough will be enough to end this continual increased agenda. The depopulation of over 6 billion? Are we going to wait until then?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

No, it wasn't any type of joke, not a Private number but it showed up as a government number.

I received a phone call at 10 AM from a blocked number. Usually I don't answer numbers I can't verify but luck of the draw I guess. I pick up the phone and person on the other line identifies himself as an agen of the Department Of Homeland Security.

Wow tothetenthpower, which statement is the truth? You know I was skeptical when I saw someone was claiming to get a call from Dept. of Homeland Security! Oooooooh, how scary!!

But then I saw it was you, and I've seen you post quite a bit, so I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt BEFORE I alert the mods to your thread.

What's the TRUE story? Was it blocked, or was it a government number, huh?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Don't worry it's not innapropriate.

I actually knew the racial profiling question would come up. I'm actually as white as they come. Family heritage stems from Ireland, no persons of color in my family through birth, however one of my adopted children is of Middle Eastern decent.

My oldest daughter..

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
It is too bad that you couldn't have recorded the conversation. I would be really intrigued to hear it in it's entirety.

As far fetched as the story sounds, I'm inclined to believe you. You probably got flagged because you travel to the US and are interested in firearms. The DHS stated recently that they were going to become more interested in the unprotected Canadian border.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

By blocked number, there's obviously two things that show up on phones. The first is the name of the particular person, in this case Government Blocked ID and then the number which appeared as a series of 0's.

A little slip in the language is far from proof that I am trolling. Besides I have no reason to create useless threads unlike some people on here.

I created this to enquire if any other members or people have heard of such incidents occuring.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

ah majestic beat me to it ... what was this number that showed up?

i'm not trying to flame you or anything, just trying to get the facts straight

[edit on 22-4-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I've also received email from the FBI enquiring about the issue, but they simply wanted to make sure that I would not be participating in this course in the US and wondered if I would be submitting an application to open Gunsmithing shops in the US as I am already a business owner there.

Not only did DHS contact you (though the story of the blocked vs govt number is fishy) The FBI contacted you, a Candian about taking a class?

Can you share with us your email from them - like a screen shot of it? You can mark out your personal info. Im really curious about this.

[edit on 4/22/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
For what it is worth, in my interactions with tothetenthpower I have never seen him/her be anything but forthright and honest.

He/she is not a member prone to make up stories to seek attention.

2c.

Edit to add: Here's a link addressing all zero numbers in the US.

[edit on 22 Apr 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

The usual pattern is that they contact your neighbors, employer and relatives, not you unless you are being pulled in for questioning. Plus they rifle through your mail and trash. Just speaking from actual experience.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by baseball101

ah majestic beat me to it ... what was this number that showed up?

i'm not trying to flame you or anything, just trying to get the facts straight

[edit on 22-4-2009 by baseball101]

He claims it was all zeroe's. Which I have seen, however, to get an email from the FBI as well? It all sounds like this little thread would be right up our alley here. Almost tailored for us. Hmmmmmmmm.......

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join